PDA

View Full Version : New member

LOST N' FOUND
02-11-2013, 04:09 PM
Brand new member-Long time hiker and explorer/photographer of archeological sites around the Colorado Plateau. Retired now I spent 45 years driving around the Pacific Ocean pursuing a commercial diving and fishing career. General MO.Locate, Research, map 3 to 4 trips a year (usually Utah) to explore and film rock art and ruins. Interested in different views on rock art and the prehistoric indians that created them. Culture. migration, etc.

Deathcricket
02-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Nice! And welcome. :2thumbs:

My uncle was just telling me about this trip he went on, they had to dive underwater to retrieve some really cool pots. Let me see if I can find it, pretty interesting.

Edit: Found it, worth a read at least. Be sure to share with us about your next trip. :)

http://arttrak.blogspot.com/2012/12/maya-cave-murals-found-in-mexico.html

accadacca
02-11-2013, 05:10 PM
Welcome to the group. :2thumbs:

LOST N' FOUND
02-12-2013, 02:28 PM
Thanks. Appreciate it, and thanks for the Maya info. Very interesting to me. Visited the area in my "youth". I see traces of Aztec/Maya up here. Ck. Vernal style anthro's with Aztec kings. If I ever get used to this blog stuff maybe I will try to describe a trip someday for you rock art people out there. Tom