PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting

tomertim
02-07-2013, 08:41 PM
The top 300 players sign on to their school of choice and not one to the U, BYU, or my blue and orange, Boise St. Its too bad, but I guess that three star with a chip on his shoulder will have to work.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/view/rn300/sort/rank/class/2013

Scott Card
02-08-2013, 09:15 AM
The blue chippers aren't always what they are cracked up to be. BYU has had a couple of walk-ons that are or will be NFL starters. I am happy with the recruits that BYU had committed to them. We needed linemen and we got a bunch of what appear to be good linemen.

Iceaxe
02-08-2013, 11:29 AM
I'd rather take my chances with a blue chipper.

This reminds me of the old saying money can't buy happiness. But as most will agree, it's better to cry driving a Corvette then cry riding a bicycle.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

tomertim
02-08-2013, 02:24 PM
I also would like to see more blue chips coming into the Mountain region. I think Utah will get there eventually. I'm not sure about BYU as I believe without a conference they really are in some type of identity crisis. Boise St. will have a hard time getting 4's or god forbid, 5's with staying in the MWC. But I do believe not going to the Big East was the correct choice.

Too bad that kid from Cottonwood went to Alabama. That would have been a nice addition to the local college landscape.