PDA

View Full Version : News Government Destroying Once Fired Brass

Iceaxe
01-26-2013, 09:13 AM
Is the Government Contributing to the Current Ammo Shortage by Destroying Brass?

An article on the Gun Rights Examiner suggests that the military may be once again destroying once shot ammunition brass and breaking it down to scrap metal.

This goes against a 2010 policy which stated that expended brass would be sold to ammunition manufacturers and the general public.

Many ammo companies specialize in specifically making reloaded rounds using once fired brass. These companies account for a large portion of taret ammunition sales.

Likewise, private citizens who reload their own rounds need brass for the process.

The report references procedures put into place at Fort Drum which reportedly state,

kiwi_outdoors
01-26-2013, 12:41 PM
It might be a consequence of 9/11 - lots of idiotic policies resulted from that terror attack.

Iceaxe
01-26-2013, 12:50 PM
I don't think do... in 2010 they were instructed to put it into circulation. This is something new...

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

rockgremlin
01-26-2013, 02:24 PM
I have a friend who I used to think was crazy by stockpiling guns and ammo and claiming that the Feds were gonna ban guns and confiscate all weapons in general circulation.

I don't think he's so crazy anymore....

paul4887
01-31-2013, 02:36 PM
So you are saying our tax dollars are to be spent favoring gun nuts when it is cheaper to clean and shred the brass for recycling? So the second amendment implies the military should bend over backwards and favor gun nuts even if expending more tax dollars is required?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BruteForce
01-31-2013, 02:43 PM
So you are saying our tax dollars are to be spent favoring gun nuts when it is cheaper to clean and shred the brass for recycling? So the second amendment implies the military should bend over backwards and favor gun nuts even if expending more tax dollars is required?

Gun Nuts? Nice first post, troll..:nono:

oldno7
01-31-2013, 03:16 PM
Fear not--I've found a few pounds...........

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=6003708&convertTo=USD#auction_tabs

oldno7
01-31-2013, 04:30 PM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

well paul, I'll answer your first post troll.

It would be quite nice if our government was interested in saving taxpayers money.

Having said that, by selling brass to outside interest, whoever that might be, they would be maximizing this potential.(huge demand right now)

By utilizing taxpayers equipment and burning taxpayers fuel, with taxpaid employees, and then selling crushed brass on a wholesale market,

could you possibly see the benefit of an outright sale?

I'll help, selling at auction puts money back into the system

utilizing government methods of destruction and sale--cost the taxpayers money.

Now if you want to argue from an anti gun platform, carry on, we welcome your convictions.

oldno7
01-31-2013, 04:33 PM
I'd be very surprised if this lot I posted goes for under $5000

paul, maybe you should buy it and sell to us gunowners for a profit, I hear we're desperate for this stuff.(capitalism, supply and demand, sorta stuff)

rockgremlin
01-31-2013, 06:02 PM
:lol8: Git 'em #7 :lol8:

I wonder if he'll be back...