PDA

View Full Version : Utah Football 2013

accadacca
01-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Rumors are Whittingham is out interviewing OC's...

Scott Card
01-29-2013, 03:46 PM
Doman????:lol8:

accadacca
01-29-2013, 07:38 PM
Doman????:lol8:
I hope a senior guy...

Doman might end up running the option offense at Skyline. :lol8:

Deuce
02-11-2013, 10:29 AM
I have been harping on the Brian Johnson hire since Feb of last year.... 'Bout time they brought in some help.....

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8935993/utah-utes-hire-dennis-erickson-co-offensive-coordinator

Iceaxe
02-11-2013, 10:41 AM
If you can land a big fish like Erickson on your team that's a deal you can't turn down. Just image a young recruit when Erickson walks in and shows him two national championship rings and say's he wants you.

Deuce
02-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Rumors are Whittingham is out interviewing OC's...

Sweet, they actually will have one now..... Well, one with over 3 total years of coaching experience.....INCLUDING LAST YEAR.

Dennis Erickson has been a "Conference Coach of the Year" twice as many times as BJ's total years of actually being a coach. Not to mention 2 NC's & 6 conference championships.

rockgremlin
02-11-2013, 03:51 PM
I have been harping on the Brian Johnson hire since Feb of last year.... 'Bout time they brought in some help.....

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8935993/utah-utes-hire-dennis-erickson-co-offensive-coordinator

Amen brotha, Amen!

I think half of all season tickets holders have shared your same opinion. Especially when blowing big games at home against ranked opponents.

accadacca
02-11-2013, 05:00 PM
I just got my season ticket renewal in the mail. They timed that well... :lol8:

tomertim
02-11-2013, 09:15 PM
My memories of Erickson

1. Seahawks at NYJ and Testeverde not crossing the goal line and costing us the playoffs (Erickson lost his job and instant replay was returned to the nfl)
2. Building a small, but super fast NFL defense
3. DUI
4. Coming back to the UofI and building another contender (given the talent they had in Moscow)
5. Losing his team as the head coach of Az St. in the bowl game two years ago against BSU

Overall, damn good college coach. I have liked every team he has coached except that AZ St. team where I just think it got away from him. Not so good of a pro coach, but I think those days are long over.

Kent K25
02-23-2013, 11:57 AM
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865573984/U-football-player-kicked-off-team-charged-with-assaulting-wife.html

Koliniasi Mona Leota, 24, was charged Wednesday with three felonies and four misdemeanors for alleged incidents that occurred Feb. 17 at their Salt Lake apartment. Leota became angry and punched his wife in the head and face, then told her to go into the bathroom to clean up the blood, charges filed in 3rd District Court state.
While she was in the bathroom, the 6-foot 4-inch, 278-pound man hit her in the head with a curling iron, then wrapped the iron's cords around his hands and tried to strangle her, the charging documents state. He then allegedly ripped a towel bar from the wall, hit her in the head with it and tried to stab her in the throat with the broken end.
Leota also "attempted to fill the bathtub with water to electrocute the victim with the curling iron," a Salt Lake County Jail report states.
The woman told police that each time she tried to run out the door, Leota would grab her by the hair and drag her back inside. Prosecutors say the couple's 2-year-old child was present during the assault.
A friend arrived with their two older children, ages 3 and 4, during the ordeal and the mother ran outside and got into the car with them, locking the door. A police officer reported seeing Leota standing outside the car threatening to smash the windows and saying, "I'm going to kill you. I'm going to fly to Hawaii and kill your family."

accadacca
02-26-2013, 06:29 PM
Here is the schedule. rockgremlin and I sit together along with double moo. I spend most of the time breaking up fights with rockgremlin and Utah fans who are drunk, stupid or both. :lol8:

Thoughts or record predictions? Looks pretty tough to me.

08/29/13 vs. Utah State
Salt Lake City, Utah
09/07/13 vs. Weber State
Salt Lake City, Utah
09/14/13 vs. Oregon State
Salt Lake City, Utah
09/21/13 at BYU
Provo, Utah
10/03/13 vs. UCLA
Salt Lake City, Utah
10/12/13 vs. Stanford
Salt Lake City, Utah
10/19/13 at Arizona
Tucson, Ariz.
10/26/13 at USC
Los Angeles, Calif.
11/09/13 vs. Arizona State
Salt Lake City, Utah
11/16/13 at Oregon
Eugene, Ore.
11/23/13 at Washington State
Pullman, Wash.
11/30/13 vs. Colorado
Salt Lake City, Utah

Scott Card
02-26-2013, 09:34 PM
Circle Sept. 21. I can feel a loss coming Utah's way.

So is the Pac12 trying to make up a rivalry with Utah and Colorado? I kinda miss the Cougar/Ute last game of the year rivalry.

rockgremlin
02-27-2013, 07:08 AM
So is the Pac12 trying to make up a rivalry with Utah and Colorado?

I was thinking the same thing.

And it wasn't the Ute fans I had problems with.....as you recall it was the BYU fans I had a problem with. They sat right down amidst a sea of red, surrounded by season ticket holders and started talkin' shit. So I returned fire. It's the Holy War, what did they expect would happen -- especially here in SLC amongst the heathens, who don't read scriptures and do knitting at the games!! :twisted:

tomertim
02-27-2013, 12:38 PM
I'll throw the crystal ball out there

UT St.- L
Weber St. - W
Or St. - W
BYU - L
UCLA - L
Stan - L
Az - L
USC - L
Az St- W
Or - L
Wash St. - W
Col. - W

5-7

rockgremlin
02-27-2013, 01:35 PM
Mine

UT St.- L
Weber St. - W
Or St. - W
BYU - L
UCLA - L
Stan - W
Az - W
USC - L
Az St- L
Or - L
Wash St. - W
Col. - W

6-6

:stud:

Iceaxe
02-27-2013, 01:57 PM
UT St.- W
Weber St. - W
Or St. - W
BYU - W
UCLA - L
Stan - L
Az - L
USC - L
Az St- W
Or - L
Wash St. - W
Col. - W

7 - 5

:popcorn:

rockgremlin
02-27-2013, 02:32 PM
Arizona State kicked the ever loving shit outta the Utes last year. It was embarrassing. Their wideouts and running backs had a field day. We looked like a high school team. I think they'll kick our asses again this year.

tomertim
02-27-2013, 02:56 PM
Arizona State kicked the ever loving shit outta the Utes last year. It was embarrassing. Their wideouts and running backs had a field day. We looked like a high school team. I think they'll kick our asses again this year.

I thought about flipping the Az st. and AZ game. But considering I think that the Utes will have lost quite a few by that time, the pressure cooker will be mounting for a home win against the Devils. I think the Beavers actually might have a better chance than Utah St, but I'm not sure on that. Being from the NW I've followed the Dirty Beavs pretty close thought the years and you just never know what team will show up.

accadacca
02-27-2013, 05:58 PM
A BYU loss people...really? Why?

accadacca
02-27-2013, 06:04 PM
Utah State - W
Weber State - W
Oregon State - W
BYU - W
UCLA - L
Stanford - L
Arizona - L
USC - L
Arizona State - W
Oregon - L
Washington State - W
Colorado - W

7-5 :popcorn:

accadacca
02-27-2013, 06:05 PM
I just realized that I picked the same as Iceaxe...we are optimistic!

Iceaxe
02-27-2013, 07:05 PM
Heck... utes went 5 and 7 with no starting QB and no OC, I don't think 7 and 5 is to much of a reach.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

double moo
02-27-2013, 07:39 PM
seven home gaems instead of 6? Should be good for an extra W... 8-4

tomertim
02-27-2013, 08:53 PM
A BYU loss people...really? Why?

Byu will be curb stomped at Virginia then Tx. Followed up with a bye and then Utah at home. All the makings.....

Iceaxe
02-27-2013, 10:14 PM
BYU has the same problem they had the past few years... no speed. And that plays right into Utah's wheel house.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

accadacca
03-20-2013, 04:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DieSBPNhS_E

accadacca
05-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Just paid for my season tickets. double moo, rockgremlin and myself will be giving them hell in the stands! :lol8:

Great video on Steve Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oPSogdYFuns

rockgremlin
06-09-2013, 03:07 AM
Gonna hafta go invest in a padded bench chair....assuming accadacca got my $$$ in the mail....:ne_nau:

accadacca
06-09-2013, 06:43 AM
I got the $$$$. We are set to watch the debacle and get in some fights with Ute drunks! :lol8:

rockgremlin
06-15-2013, 02:32 AM
You might be seated beside a Ute drunk this season. It just so happens that smuggling booze into the stands is pathetically easy, and not even the sharpest usher will pick up on your concoction if managed correctly. A half of a 32oz. cup of coca-cola mixed with equal parts vodka, sealed off with a straw. The mixing takes place in a men's room stall, where you're free to pull out the vodka flask from your pants/crotch/socks/whatever. mix leave behind empty booze receptacles and walk out of the restroom scott free. now just don't make an ass outta yourself. Have a designated driver, and have fun!!:popcorn:

Iceaxe
06-15-2013, 06:50 AM
If the NCAA follows the NFL's new rules it will be more difficult to smuggle booze into the stadium. The Boston marathon bombing is going to have a huge ripple effect at sporting events.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

accadacca
06-15-2013, 07:06 AM
I've seen some crazy stuff over the years. Including cell phones and binoculars that look unbelievably real. Yet when the antenna and lens unscrews, they are filled with booze! :lol8:

Iceaxe
06-15-2013, 08:01 AM
My brother took a pony keg to the game. He hide it under a wheelchair and had a friend push him in. He said everything went smoothly until halftime when he stood up and walked to the bathroom.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Deuce
06-20-2013, 06:36 AM
Just reading vodka and cola made me want to vomit..... But to each their own.

I think if the Utes can get bowl eligible & beat BYU, the season will be a success. Anything less, they're going backwards & will be considered a disaster(though easily could happen).

I went into last season with a lot of confidence in the Utes and what they could possibly do. At this point, I really think that Ute fans are going to have to become very comfortable with 6-7 win regular seasons.

accadacca
07-09-2013, 04:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grANAE6IJ60

Iceaxe
07-09-2013, 04:13 PM
So nothing is actually signed?

Call me when the ink is drying....

Deuce
07-15-2013, 01:01 PM
DUMPED DirecTv today..... Retention rep ask me why, said that DirecTv will not have the PAC12 Network, so they will not have me as a customer. Have been with them for a LONG time(10 years?).....

Of course we will have to see how this actually shakes out.... But as of now, my bill - Premier Package with DirecTv $171 a month = $4,104 for 2 years. Dish Network with the All Everything Package $78(3 months), $126(9 months), $156(12 months) = $3,240.... 21% savings.... Granted, I am hooking up 1 less television, so that would be like $120 in savings if I would have cut that with DirecTv....

Plus, I get that Hopper thing....HD in every room...whatever.... Right now, one HD box, one DVR.... Now I'll have both on 3...at least that is how I understand it.... The Hopper and Joey whole home DVR...whatever... End of the day, doesn't matter that much for football this year(assuming it is only Utah that I want to watch from the PAC12), but the other sports and programming....we'll see what it provides.

Deuce
08-13-2013, 11:48 AM
16 days from kickoff and this place is quiet as can be......:ne_nau: "Training Camp" up at the U on PAC12 Network was kind of fun. Still not confident with 6 wins..... If they can sweet the Utah State & BYU games, I think they'll get there. Wins over Colorado and WSU and then figure they will win at least 1 more PAC12 game(Arizona/Oregon State?).....so with the Weber game, that gives them 6 and a bowl game.

Iceaxe
08-13-2013, 03:23 PM
I'd feel much better if Utah actually had a QB.... just sayin'

accadacca
08-13-2013, 04:23 PM
The QB is certainly the big question mark. Who has predictions on the number of wins this season? I'll get back to you guys on that, but I think it'll be around .500, unless the QB really shines.

Deuce
08-26-2013, 08:42 AM
Who has predictions on the number of wins this season? 5.5 wins.... I'm surprised that Utah is a 3 point favorite Thursday.

accadacca
08-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Thursday will be very interesting! I'm looking forward to getting back in my seats! :2thumbs:

Iceaxe
08-27-2013, 01:25 PM
Just to get ya'll in the mood for some good ol' fashion college football.......

Ohio State 's Urban Meyer on one of his players: "He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear. In fact, I just saw his grades and he doesn't know the meaning of a lot of words."

Why do Tennessee fans wear orange?

So they can dress that way for the game on Saturday, go hunting on Sunday, and pick up trash on Monday.

What does the average Alabama player get on his SATs?

Drool.

How many Michigan freshmen football players does it take to change a light bulb?

None. That's a sophomore course.

How did the Georgia football player die from drinking milk?

The cow fell on him.

Two Texas A&M football players were walking in the woods.

One of them said, "Look, a dead bird."

The other looked up in the sky and said, "Where?"

A University of Cincinnati football player was almost killed yesterday in a tragic horseback-riding accident.

He fell from a horse and was nearly trampled to death.

Luckily, the manager of the Wal-Mart came out and unplugged the horse.

What do you say to a Michigan State University football player dressed in a three-piece suit? "

"Will the defendant please rise."

If three Florida State football players are in the same car, who is driving?

The police officer.

How can you tell if an Auburn football player has a girlfriend?

There's tobacco juice on both sides of the pickup truck.

What do you get when you put 32 Arkansas cheerleaders in one room?

A full set of teeth.

University of Michigan Coach Brady Hoke is only going to dress half of his players for the game this week; the other half will have to dress themselves.

How is the Indiana football team like an opossum?

They play dead at home and get killed on the road.

Why did the Nebraska linebacker steal a police car?

He saw "911" on the side and thought it was a Porsche.

How do you get a former BYU football player off your porch?

Pay him for the pizza.

:popcorn:

tomertim
08-28-2013, 01:23 PM
Utah 17 Utah State 16
BYU 23 Virginia 30
Boise State 33 Washington 21

accadacca
08-28-2013, 05:06 PM
33 points for BSU? I guess they'll still have that offense clicking!

Scott Card
08-28-2013, 05:15 PM
Utah 17 Utah State 16
BYU 23 Virginia 30
Boise State 33 Washington 21
Interesting predictions. Who knows on the Utah v. USU game. That for me is a toss up. Just a few notes on BYU v. Virginia, UVA has a new OC, a new quarterback that has yet to start a game in a college game, and UVA going against a BYU defense that was ranked number 3 nationally last year with most of the defensive players returning. I don't think UVA will score 30. Boise's offense sputtered last year but I haven't really been following UW as to their defense. All I know is that it is about time! Can't wait for the games to start tomorrow!

Scott Card
08-28-2013, 05:20 PM
Based on Vegas, looks like Utah is favored by 2 1/2 points, BYU is favored by 1 and Washington is favored by 3 1/2.

accadacca
08-28-2013, 05:58 PM
Wow yeah I missed that BYU score. My money is on the cougars...but I would love to see that score. :roflol:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

accadacca
08-28-2013, 06:45 PM
double moo sent me this... :popcorn:

National Strength of schedule

3 Cal
7 Colorado
8 Stanford
12 Utah
21 UCLA
26 Washington State
32 ASU
35 USC
37 Oregon State
49 BYU
50 Washington
52 Arizona
58 Oregon

Looks like Oregon is gonna have another slam dunk season

tomertim
08-28-2013, 06:45 PM
For the utah/utah st I could have easily flipped them. Byu I'm just not sold on, but then again I don't know a whole lot about virginia. As far as bsu, I would have made it 80-3 but I didn't want to show my homerism. I'm really not sure how peterson will do with this group. But no one prepares for openers better that him.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Iceaxe
08-28-2013, 09:24 PM
Utah should demolish Utah State with the quality of athletes they have been able to recruit the past three years.... now if that actually happens is anther story.

Seriously.... Utah State is no players first choice all things being equal.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

accadacca
08-29-2013, 08:46 AM
Looks pretty nice. I hear it is state of the art.

http://youtu.be/QcLrED68g6M

tomertim
08-29-2013, 09:12 AM
Looks like vegas has 50 has the o/u for the cougs. Ill roll with my prediction :thumbup:

accadacca
08-29-2013, 08:52 PM
The miracle win...

Iceaxe
08-29-2013, 09:00 PM
The good news is Utah has a kicker. The bad news is the O-Line needs lots of work.

The team that showed up for the second half was a better team than took the field for the start of the game.

tomertim
08-29-2013, 09:04 PM
Utah pulled out a god win tonight. However they looked slow in a lot of areas that most pac-12 teams will capalize on. I'm still blown away that an Erickson offense would run 3 dive plays in a row within the five.

accadacca
08-29-2013, 09:11 PM
That goal line stand was embarrassing for the Utes. The kicking was the ONLY bright spot on the ENTIRE team. Utah State will win 10 games. Utah will struggle to get to .500

Iceaxe
08-29-2013, 09:44 PM
The best hope for the Utes is we discover the Aggies are a great tesm snd post wins over Boise, BYU, and USC :-)

The kicker received the game ball... it would be great to have another King Louis.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Deuce
08-30-2013, 07:02 AM
Solid win for the Utes against a team that won 11 games last year and returned 14 starters, including their entire offensive line and QB, who I think it without a doubt, the most dynamic player in the State of Utah.

Utah appears to have a better offense, though there are concerns with they inability to run the ball effectively against Utah State. The loss of Kenneth Scott to a broken ankle is big...and going to hurt for the rest of the season.

The defense looked bad at times, though I am not 100% sure that wasn't just Chuckie Keeton.... If I had a nickel for every time he should have been sacked and ended up making a play, I may be able to buy a soda.

In the end, a win is a win, for the Utes... After next week they will be 2-0, with the sacrificial lamb, Weber State, coming to town. Then the schedule gets wicked....

Deuce
08-30-2013, 07:19 AM
Just a few notes on BYU v. Virginia, UVA has a new OC, a new quarterback that has yet to start a game in a college game, and UVA going against a BYU defense that was ranked number 3 nationally last year with most of the defensive players returning. I don't think UVA will score 30. Correct me if I'm wrong, but BYU's defense had only 4 returning starters and that was before they lost Jordan Johnson? BYU also has a new OC, a Soph QB with limited time under center and are going on the road for the first time this year, not to mention traveling East 2 time zones.

rockgremlin
08-30-2013, 09:50 AM
I'm still blown away that an Erickson offense would run 3 dive plays in a row within the five.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2Yeah...still amazed by that one. Anyone NOT attempting to run up the middle could've walked around the sides without much resistance. USU had their entire team stacked at the scrimmage. :roll:

tomertim
08-31-2013, 09:36 PM
Looks like my boys are going to get it handed to them. Boise state looks to be 3 loss mwc team. Virginia didn't put as many on byu as I'd hoped and utah won so not a bad weekend.

accadacca
08-31-2013, 09:46 PM
Looks like my boys are going to get it handed to them.
Uh yeah, getting SPANKED.

tomertim
08-31-2013, 09:59 PM
Uh yeah, getting SPANKED.

I believe this is worst boise state loss on the past 15 years. An old fashion ass kicking.

accadacca
08-31-2013, 10:14 PM
I believe this is worst boise state loss on the past 15 years. An old fashion ass kicking.

Yep, very uncharacteristic for BSU.

Deuce
09-03-2013, 08:38 AM
The good news for Utah is that Oregon State looks far more beatable today, than they did a week ago.

accadacca
09-03-2013, 03:13 PM
The good news for Utah is that Oregon State looks far more beatable today, than they did a week ago.

Uh yep. Embarrassing...

Deuce
09-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Utah football game, though a blowout, fun to watch. Doing exactly what they should.

accadacca
09-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Nice scrimmage for the Yewts...

accadacca
09-17-2013, 04:24 PM
Almost...

http://x.pac-12.com/sites/default/files/styles/main_image-8-by-4/public/snaps-game-winning-td-in-ot-gif-about-oregon-state-utah-on-fox-sports-1_as.gif?itok=TF815tUe

rockgremlin
09-17-2013, 06:48 PM
The Utes had no answer for Sean Mannion. They were pretty successful at shutting down Oregon State's run, but their secondary was non-existent. Maybe the USU game wasn't so close because Chucky Keaton is superman so much as it was that the Utes have a poor secondary.

This is gonna be a long season...OSU was supposed to be a win, and it doesn't get any easier with BYU, UCLA and Stanford coming up. Let's not even mention the Oregon game -- where the Utes travel to Oregon to play the Ducks on their home field. :facepalm1:

I think BYU is gonna get the W in this year's Holy War.

accadacca
09-17-2013, 07:23 PM
I think it all depends on BYU's passing game. The Utes seems to have figured out how to defend the run. BYU had a field day running on Texas and set all kinds of records. I don't see that happening again any time soon. Taysom Hill has a passing completion percentage of 35%. However, he has two stud receivers. One of them will pretty much catch any ball that is thrown in his general direction. BYU just had one of their stud linebackers get suspended for 5 games for breaking the honor code. Still, their defense is one of the top in the country.

My prediction...if BYU gets their passing game going and has a balanced attack. Especially if Hill gets in rhythm with his receivers early, then Utah loses. A balanced attack will beat Utah and I bet that Hill is getting A LOT of reps with their #1 receiver (Hoffman) this week. I won't be surprised to see BYU put their backup QB in for a few passing plays too if needed, just to mix things up. He has a much more accurate arm than Hill. BYU's players have said that this is their "Super Bowl" so they'll be gunning for Utah. They want to erase that Utah winning streak before the two year break.

Utah is at a disadvantage, coming off an emotional Pac-12, home opener, OT loss. BYU has had two weeks to prepare and are playing at home. If they come out with a balanced attack and limit their turnovers, they win. Utah has played high tempo offenses in Utah State and Oregon State. I don't expect them to get rattled by that. Finally, can Utah's O-line give the QB enough time? I don't see Wilson having the success he had running against Oregon State. Lotta factors that will make this game a barn burner. Gotta give the cougars the nod though.

Deuce
09-17-2013, 08:18 PM
No real feel for the Utah vs BYU game. Losing Spencer Hadley can't help BYU.

Turnover battle will be big.

BYU started as a 6.5 favorite and it has moved to 7....looks like the money is trending towards BYU.

I'm taking the Utes.

accadacca
09-21-2013, 11:33 PM
Utah dominated most of this game. That taunting call really pissed me off. So stupid! That put BYU back in the game. Taysom Hill had quite a few yards passing, but he sure had some ugly balls. A few were almost caught in the stands. Utah had a very balanced attack and they won. IMO, Dennis Erickson called a brilliant game, love the offense and game management. I don't remember any boneheaded calls, just a smart sound game plan.

It's now 4-0 for Utah and 9 out of the last 12.

accadacca
09-22-2013, 01:10 PM
http://chrisshelley.com/images/york.gif

accadacca
09-22-2013, 01:16 PM
The final play.

http://chrisshelley.com/images/opi.gif

accadacca
09-22-2013, 01:19 PM
Fans throw stuff at the refs as they leave.

http://youtu.be/u3HM9s_eq4c

rockgremlin
09-22-2013, 02:12 PM
The final play.

http://chrisshelley.com/images/opi.gif

Ummm...pass interference?

accadacca
09-22-2013, 02:14 PM
On the offense... :lol8:

Iceaxe
09-22-2013, 10:25 PM

The receiver grabs the defender and pulls him down. The pass probably would have been intercepted if he didn't.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

accadacca
09-23-2013, 10:17 AM
2002: Utah 13–6 (Salt Lake City)
2003: Utah 3–0 (Provo)
2004: Utah 52–21 (Salt Lake City)
2005: Utah 41–34OT (Provo)
2006: BYU 33–31 (Salt Lake City)
2007: BYU 17–10 (Provo)
2008: Utah 48–24 (Salt Lake City)
2009: BYU 26–23OT (Provo)
2010: Utah 17–16 (Salt Lake City)
2011: Utah 54–10 (Provo)
2012: Utah 24–21 (Salt Lake City)
2013: Utah 20–13 (Provo)

Deuce
09-23-2013, 07:36 PM
2002: Utah 13–6 (Salt Lake City)
2003: Utah 3–0 (Provo)
2004: Utah 52–21 (Salt Lake City)
2005: Utah 41–34OT (Provo)
2006: BYU 33–31 (Salt Lake City)
2007: BYU 17–10 (Provo)
2008: Utah 48–24 (Salt Lake City)
2009: BYU 26–23OT (Provo)
2010: Utah 17–16 (Salt Lake City)
2011: Utah 54–10 (Provo)
2012: Utah 24–21 (Salt Lake City)
2013: Utah 20–13 (Provo)

Quick math gives me Utah 336 - BYU 221

Average score : Utah 28 - BYU 18

accadacca
09-23-2013, 09:36 PM
http://youtu.be/KxsAFgumt2w

accadacca
09-29-2013, 01:15 PM
The Utes have the 3-0 UCLA Bruins coming to town for a matchup on Thursday night. Predictions?

The Utes have already beaten two mobile QB's in Keaton (USU) and Hill (BYU). Although I think Hundley is better and UCLA as a whole, compared to USU and BYU. UCLA is averaging 53 points a game and Utah is averaging 49. Who's defense will slow down the other offense? UCLA is holding opponents to 18 points and the Utes are holding teams to 24 points.

rockgremlin
09-29-2013, 07:28 PM
Last year the Utes lost to UCLA by only 7 points...and that was in L.A., and Wilson was a rookie QB (in fact, that was Wilson's first career start). Down side is we don't have RB John White anymore, and so far there hasn't been a real solid candidate to fill that hole. Should be interesting. I think the Utes have a chance to get the W, but they gotta play a near perfect game. If they get sloppy and turn the ball over it's a guaranteed loss.

accadacca
10-02-2013, 08:48 AM
Gotta love the photo! :goutes:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/02/sahaqa4a.jpg

Iceaxe
10-02-2013, 10:49 AM
My uncle just game me his season tickets to Thrusday nights game. I'm on the 50-yard line, row 9....

He also gave me his #1 Crimson Club parking permit, which means I can park any damn place I please.....

....suck it bitches.

Go Utes!!!!

rockgremlin
10-02-2013, 05:25 PM
My uncle just game me his season tickets to Thrusday nights game. I'm on the 50-yard line, row 9....

He also gave me his #1 Crimson Club parking permit, which means I can park any damn place I please.....

....suck it bitches.

Go Utes!!!!

Eat $hit. :bootyshake:

Damn...everything is aces for you...great seats, great parking, and you're absolutely annihilating us in fantasy football. What, did you just get baptized or something? :lol8:

Iceaxe
10-02-2013, 09:01 PM
You know me... drinking beer and throwing dollars at strippers.... I guess god appreciates my continuous support of single mom's.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

rockgremlin
10-04-2013, 07:07 AM
If they get sloppy and turn the ball over it's a guaranteed loss. UCLA's defense had as many receptions as Dres Anderson. At least 2 of Wilson's 6 interceptions were thrown cleanly into the arms of a Bruin -- not tipped. :facepalm1: Was Wilson blazed or.....? :ne_nau:

accadacca
10-04-2013, 07:21 AM
Lucky it wasn't a blowout with that many turnovers. That speaks volumes about Utah's defense. The one pick he threw to the UCLA guy...damn there was not a Ute receiver within 20 yards. I would like to see all of the other passes to see if they were inaccurate balls that caused the tip or if it's on the receiver. Probably a combination, but mostly on the QB I think.

I can't remember the last QB to throw that many interceptions at Rice Eccles. Wait, that was Max Hall... :lol8:

accadacca
10-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Awesome Utah Utes stuff on this site. I just went through every page of his blog. Awesome: http://thedahlelama.com/category/blog/

accadacca
10-13-2013, 08:28 AM
Big win for the Utes!

https://fbcdn-photos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1383698_10202034561815353_2113985426_n.jpg

Iceaxe
10-13-2013, 09:04 AM
Dennis Erickson called a great game by attacking the edges to soften up the middle. Look for other teams to now use this same tactic against Stanford. One big plus Utah had is Stanford is a smash mouth team and that plays right into the Utes wheelhouse. The Utes are a physical team that can slug it out when required.

accadacca
10-13-2013, 03:14 PM
http://vimeo.com/76820393

rockgremlin
10-14-2013, 12:54 PM
Awesome game. The last time I stormed the field was the BYU - Utah game. Good times...70047 70048

accadacca
10-16-2013, 11:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbCA3xTqHeI&sns=fb

accadacca
10-17-2013, 07:21 PM
http://vimeo.com/77075673#

rockgremlin
10-20-2013, 08:37 AM
All that clout and momentum from last week goes right into the crapper. Great job Utes...:facepalm1::facepalm1::facepalm1:

Did Erickson take the night off?

Iceaxe
10-20-2013, 09:42 AM
The sad part is all three PAC12 losses were very winnable games. Heck... the Utes had to go to overtime in the first one before they could figure out a way to give it away. Hmmm... suddenly I'm hungry for a turnover...

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Deuce
10-21-2013, 11:37 AM
Not liking the talk that the Wilson injury may be bigger than missing a half at Arizona. Now talking about pulling the RS off Conner Manning.... No talk about Andy Phillips missing 2 very makeable fieldgoals.

Iceaxe
10-21-2013, 12:17 PM
On sports talk today Whit said he was not pulling the red shirt off. He said the Utes are too far into the season to do that.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Deuce
10-21-2013, 12:34 PM
That is if the Wilson injury is short term.... Reportedly Manning and Schultz both take reps in practice and see what happens. If Wilson is out 1-2 games, I don't think pulling the RS is an option....if it is 4-6 games, I think they pull the RS if it will get them to a bowl.

accadacca
10-21-2013, 07:45 PM
I was listening via satellite radio in my tent at Natural Bridges. It was a back and forth battle and I was really surprised that the Utes couldn't contain the Wildcats running back. 236 yards...holy moly!

accadacca
10-22-2013, 06:39 PM
Whitt said Wilson will start against USC.

rockgremlin
10-26-2013, 04:35 PM
Both teams combined for just barely over 100 yards net rushing. A winnable game if only the Utes didn't have 4 turnovers.

Wilson has now thrown almost as many interceptions as touchdowns...not a good stat.

Iceaxe
10-26-2013, 05:17 PM
Wilson has now thrown almost as many interceptions as touchdowns...not a good stat.

It's hard to throw TD's when you are lying on your back or running for your life. The O-line is atrocious, the left side is just a swinging gate.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

accadacca
10-26-2013, 05:26 PM
They suck

accadacca
10-26-2013, 05:27 PM
Wilson is a liability on the field.

accadacca
10-26-2013, 06:36 PM
Giving up the rock, loses games...

Turnovers

UTAH 4 - USC 0
UTAH 2 - ARIZ 2
UTAH 1 - STAN 2
UTAH 6 - UCLA 2
UTAH 0 - BYU 1
UTAH 3 - ORST 0
UTAH 0 - WEB 2
UTAH 1 - USU 1

Season average: 2.125
Last 4 games: 3.25

rockgremlin
10-27-2013, 11:04 AM
So the rest of their season goes like this:

Arizona State (home)
Oregon (away)
Washington State (away)
Colorado (home)

I only see one win coming outta the remaining schedule, for a total record of 5-7.

By the way, last year the Utes finished up with a 5-7 record as well....this year we should've been better with the maturation of Wilson, addition of Erickson, etc etc etc. How long will season ticket holders persevere before someone's head rolls?

accadacca
10-27-2013, 02:47 PM
Heads wont roll for a couple more years. The Utes are still stacking up Pac-12 talent. They had two key injuries at skill positions this year. Not making excuses, but it would have made a difference with their #1 WR Kenneth Scott and NFL prospect TE Jake Murphy.

Deuce
10-28-2013, 11:34 AM
I think if they cannot get to 6 wins(still very possible), Whit seat is VERY HOT.....and it should be. Utah loses games every year that they should win & that's an issue. I thought 6 wins was the benchmark at the start of the season and that hasn't changed.

Iceaxe
10-30-2013, 10:41 PM
I think Whit has at least two more years to right the ship. The PAC 12 was a big jump to make. Beating BYU also helps, but that carrot has now vanished.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

accadacca
11-08-2013, 08:09 AM
Will Utah get back on track this week?

rockgremlin
11-10-2013, 10:20 AM
CHOKE!

Utah is now confirming what the skeptics have been saying all along.

accadacca
11-10-2013, 01:07 PM
That one is going to sting! Fans will be jumping off the bandwagon for sure.

accadacca
11-16-2013, 11:46 AM
Not like the Utes had a chance anyway... http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/utes/57134344-89/utah-utes-wilson-game.html.csp

accadacca
11-18-2013, 07:58 AM
Whittingham will make an announcement about Travis Wilson today. Rumors are flying. He didn't make the Oregon trip because of a concussion.

Scott Card
11-19-2013, 01:36 PM
Sad deal about Wilson. Hope this condition is not career ending for him. I wish him well.

Iceaxe
11-23-2013, 07:30 PM
And next year will not be any better.... 5 road games in the PAC 12 combined with a red shirt freshmen QB.... is not the formula for success.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

accadacca
11-23-2013, 07:35 PM
Subtract those two pick 6's and we probably win this game.

Next Saturday will be the pathetic bowl. Colorado (4-7) vs. Utah (4-7).

rockgremlin
11-26-2013, 08:01 PM
So the rest of their season goes like this:

Arizona State (home)
Oregon (away)
Washington State (away)
Colorado (home)

I only see one win coming outta the remaining schedule, for a total record of 5-7.

Shoulda taken these predictions to Vegas...I coulda been a few hundred bucks richer.