PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Havasupai (Before the flood of '08)

Kuya
12-29-2012, 05:51 PM
I was looking through some old pictures and videos of my Havasupai trip in 2008 and decided to make a little video TR. To bad it will never be the same. I love the new Havasupai and the new waterfalls that were created after the flood in '08, BUT I will forever miss the old Navajo Falls and the way the water flowed off of Havasu Falls. Enjoy the video! :)

http://youtu.be/0Z8nIz8Xzik

Sombeech
01-04-2013, 06:47 AM
Cool, I've been down there a couple of times, my wife wants to take the kids down there in a couple of years. It seems there's a major flood changing the formations about every 10 - 15 years or so, wiping out some cool pools and falls, but creating new ones.

Kuya
01-05-2013, 10:35 AM
Cool, I've been down there a couple of times, my wife wants to take the kids down there in a couple of years. It seems there's a major flood changing the formations about every 10 - 15 years or so, wiping out some cool pools and falls, but creating new ones.

Yeah it is neat to see how nature changes and recovers. I went back in 2010 with my wife and it was just as pretty and two new falls had been created :)