PDA

View Full Version : Help How to keep 1-y.o. warm

Sun Dance
12-28-2012, 09:16 PM
So I'm itching to take my son snowshoeing this winter. I have an Osprey Poco Plus child carrier, and this works great when it's warm. In November after the first snowstorm, I took him up Rock Canyon to the Squaw Peak turnoff. It was 44

DOSS
12-29-2012, 08:42 AM
With their legs hanging down they always seemed to get cold. We just cut the sleeves off of a DI coat that was too big and sewed up the end to make some legging things (add a strap between them so they didn't fall off (imagine making some pant legs just for the carrier) and stuck hand warmers in them.. this with the rest of their regular cold weather gear did the trick for dirt cheap. Add a hot water bladder (the drug store kind) and you are all set to go for 3-4 hours with no problems

BruteForce
12-29-2012, 12:44 PM
Hand and feet warmers wrapped in a nice fleece sweatshirt around his feet/legs/butt. I've been taking my boys out since they were 1 y/o and during cold temps, I'd do just as I suggested.

Sun Dance
01-01-2013, 12:21 PM
Thanks for your input guys. I ended up going to Macy's and picking this up:

It was on sale for $18 so I figured that was worth any materials and time I would put into creating another solution. They had a lot left in a lot of different sizes so if you're in the market...