PDA

View Full Version : Gone Shootin' with the Boglites

rockgremlin
12-26-2012, 01:35 PM
Got my first real handgun for Christmas, and I've got a hankerin' to go shootin. Typically when I go shootin I go out into the west desert where there's nobody around for miles and I can set up bottles and stuff, and later I can claim I threw her down some mine shaft near Ely.

I hate going to those indoor "pay to shoot" places. Where do you guys go?

Would anyone be down for a Bogley Shooting trip? We can get together and pop off a few rounds. Bring that printer from work that keeps spitting out error messages ("PC Load Letter?! WTF does that mean?!)

Take pictures. Do a ridiculous TR. Anybody else here down?

Iceaxe
12-26-2012, 02:31 PM
What kind of handgun did you get?

I got this bad boy for Christmas.... Custom Stainless Steel & Aluminum Alloy Smith & Wesson 6906 9mm with 3.5” barrel, Custom Spur Hammer, Novak Sights, Box, custom finish and two (12) round magazines.

BruteForce
12-26-2012, 02:32 PM
I'd be down. I need to go someplace where there's no chance of starting a fire. I got a box of 840 rounds of 5.56 tracer ammo from Santa Claus. Friday or this weekend? The snow should have let up by Sat/Sun.

I used to go to the Lee Kay range, but the staff are all nazi's and I hate when they wander over to show me their kitted-up weapons and try to 'instruct' me on the finer points of shooting.

rockgremlin
12-26-2012, 09:52 PM
Sweet 9mm Shane. I'd definitely be learning from you guys. I'm a little bit of a gun n00b. I've got a 30-30 rifle, shotgun, a 0.20 caliber vintage Colt pistol (from the 1960's), and for Christmas I got a Springfield 0.45 ACP. It's really small. I wanted a concealable handgun, and I liked a lot of the features. Here's a pic of it:

http://cdn.gunsamerica.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/promopic1.jpg

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/springfield-armory-xds/

If only the snow would let up a bit.....:cold:

Iceaxe
12-26-2012, 10:55 PM
Did you get any 45 bullets with it? Because right now is not a good time to buy them, even if you can find them.

Sent using Tapatalk

accadacca
12-27-2012, 07:58 AM
I would like to go shooting too, but this weather is just nuts and I might have plans this weekend.

rockgremlin
12-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Did you get any 45 bullets with it? Because right now is not a good time to buy them, even if you can find them.

Sent using Tapatalk

Yep. Got 200 bullets, just waitin' to get the orders.

BruteForce
12-27-2012, 10:24 AM
Well, whatever the case, I'm going to head out to the Far South/West of Utah Lake (somewhere in the vicinity of Little Moab) and put a few tracers rounds downrange -- and hopefully zero in a newer scope!

rockgremlin
06-15-2013, 03:32 AM
A few weeks ago I took my 8 yr old boy and my dad (who's a vietnam combat veteran) out to the scrubby hills on the west side of the oqhuirrs just southeast of Tooele and the Army Depot.

Cool area. You just turn off the main road and creep through the junipers and pinions to where you can step up a rack of shootable objects. My dad's sidearm in vietnam was a 0.45cal auto. I just recently purchased a 0.45cal auto but with a shorter stock (it's meant to conceal).

We set some empty soda cans in the dirt and paced off about 60 feet. It took some practicing to get to an acceptable distance

accadacca
06-15-2013, 06:55 AM
Shoot em up! :2guns: