PDA

View Full Version : Christmas miracle?

savanna3313
12-26-2012, 11:33 AM
An investor client/friend that I worked with for many years called a few days ago and asked if I would like to come back to Salt Lake and work on his team with a new company he plans to launch. Not just a commission position, but an actual salary plus benefits - and commission. I have to accept/decline by January 15 and be back out there by mid-March. I knew I would move back someday, just not this soon. :2thumbs:

Iceaxe
12-26-2012, 04:38 PM
Does this mean you are moving back or that you are thinking about moving back? :ne_nau:

DiscGo
12-26-2012, 04:58 PM
That is super cool! Congratulations! Are you currently back in Louisiana?

denaliguide
12-26-2012, 05:46 PM
start packing! :2thumbs:

savanna3313
12-26-2012, 10:09 PM
I've been back in Louisiana since August 2011 (born and raised there). Since I had moved from La to Utah in 1995, I never thought going back to La would ever be an option. I loved living out West.....having 4 seasons, dry climate, and such beautiful scenery. But you never know what can pop up in life that is beyond your control and you do what you have to at that time. My plan all along was to come back to Utah someday and it's just going to happen sooner rather than later now. I'm a little nervous about the position I'll be taking on with this company, but what the hell.....I know most of what I'll need and what I don't know, I can wing it 'til I learn it! :2thumbs:

accadacca
12-27-2012, 10:04 PM
Very cool! Congrats and welcome back...soon enough.

savanna3313
12-28-2012, 08:37 AM
I will have to get used to driving in the snow all over again! Looks like y'all have been getting pounded with the white stuff! :snowcloud:

double moo
12-28-2012, 11:59 AM
I will have to get used to driving in the snow all over again! Looks like y'all have been getting BLESSED with the white stuff! :snowcloud:

fixd

savanna3313
01-05-2013, 09:36 AM
Well......even the best laid plans, eh? I still plan to move back, just not as soon as initially planned. The business start up has been delayed because one of the partners in the new business venture passed away from a heart attack on Thursday at the young age of 41. He left behind a wife and 4 young daughters. I can't imagine how heartbroken his family must be. He was a great guy and I was looking forward to our old "team" working together again. He will be greatly missed. Take care and treasure each and every day!

accadacca
01-05-2013, 10:01 AM
Well......even the best laid plans, eh? I still plan to move back, just not as soon as initially planned. The business start up has been delayed because one of the partners in the new business venture passed away from a heart attack on Thursday at the young age of 41. He left behind a wife and 4 young daughters. I can't imagine how heartbroken his family must be. He was a great guy and I was looking forward to our old "team" working together again. He will be greatly missed. Take care and treasure each and every day!
Dang! Sorry to hear about that. :facepalm1:

tanya
01-05-2013, 05:04 PM
I was really getting my hopes up that you were headed back!

savanna3313
01-05-2013, 09:16 PM
I am still coming back, just not as soon as I had initially anticipated. I was supposed to be moved back there by mid February. Now it will be more towards the end of April - early May. In addition, my sister and her family here in Louisiana have all decided they want to come back as well.

ratagonia
01-06-2013, 10:03 AM
I am still coming back, just not as soon as I had initially anticipated. I was supposed to be moved back there by mid February. Now it will be more towards the end of April - early May. In addition, my sister and her family here in Louisiana have all decided they want to come back as well.

Good news is, less snow in the valley, end of April/early May. So you'll have 6 months to get used to other things before having to drive in the snow.

Tom