PDA

View Full Version : Huge spike in Utah gun sales since Conn. shooting

accadacca
12-19-2012, 08:59 PM

MURRAY

Iceaxe
12-19-2012, 09:26 PM
Here in Utah, background checks are up 20 percent over last year, but no major spikes in that number over the weekend.

Bullshit.... my dad's a Utah gun dealer and I took today off work to help him because he was swamped. I have never had to wait more than 30 seconds to get a background check started, but today I was on hold 20 to 30 minutes for every gun sold. In other words, guns are being sold as fast as bakground checks can be completed. Guns are being sold a the maximun limit the system can handle, gun dealers can't sell them any faster because they can't be processed any faster.

Anther item I noticed..... there is not a high capacity magazine left anywhere in the country. They are all sold. I tried to find some S&W magazines today because we were backordered until March. It was a no-go and all the other dealers were in the same boat.

DOSS
12-20-2012, 05:32 AM

I'm sure you said something but I got distracted... Guns and buns.. yes those are good things

BruteForce
12-20-2012, 05:35 AM
I can vouch for the spike. I went into Patriot Arms yesterday to see if they had jacked up the price on PMAGS (they hadn't yet), so I emptied them out. Normally the store has 0-1 customers, but yesterday you could barely move around it so was packed. Same thing at Cabelas, Sportsmans Warehouse and even Walmart..