PDA

View Full Version : Zion - Sidewinder

Iceaxe
12-11-2012, 01:19 PM
What happened to the Sidewinder TR that was posted on Bogley a few days ago?

[QUOTE]Trip Report Sidewinder 12/3/12www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?66665-Sidewinder...CachedShare
Shared on Google+. View the post.
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Dec 2, 2012

Slot Machine
12-11-2012, 02:01 PM
:patch: :popcorn:

Deathcricket
12-11-2012, 02:02 PM
I sense a 5 page thread coming on.... :popcorn:

Actually I take that back. Kody is just too easy going and chill to get along with. I do recall that TR though, bummed I missed out going, looked like they had fun.

deagol
12-11-2012, 02:25 PM
show don't tell ???

Iceaxe
12-11-2012, 03:07 PM
I sense a 5 page thread coming on.... :popcorn:

I sense a canyon has just moved to the top of my must beta list. Having goals keeps me going strong. :stud:

Slot Machine
12-11-2012, 05:28 PM
@2065toyota (http://www.bogley.com/forum/member.php?u=19869) , man I would be pretty upset if my TR just vanished. Especially after you put together such a good one. I'm not picking on you man, you seem like a great guy, but what is going on here?

Also, I have been told explicitly by Bogley mods, that no thread should ever be deleted, no matter the reason. This issue is a big deal to me since I spent much time and energy trying to get one particular thread deleted. I'm a HUGE fan of the mods around here, and I'm not picking on you either, but what say you mods?

Bob

stefan
12-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Also, I have been told explicitly by Bogley mods, that no thread should ever be deleted, no matter the reason.

really? that sounds extreme. i delete spam threads whenever i see them. i don't see why they shouldn't be deleted.

Slot Machine
12-11-2012, 06:16 PM
really? that sounds extreme. i delete spam threads whenever i see them. i don't see why they shouldn't be deleted.

:roll:

Was hoping for something a little more constructive for someone on the inside.

Iceaxe
12-11-2012, 06:37 PM
The thread was deleted by one of the non-canyoneer mods through a misunderstanding/accident/ unintentional deal. He was trying to help someone from his cell phone and suffered a failure. The threads owner was aware of the incedent when it happened. I became aware of the problem when someone PMed me asking WTF.

As a general rule non spam items are not deleted. When items are deleted they are supposed to be soft deleted so they can be recovered.

Anyhoo... feel free to discuss Sidewinder here. I've never done the route but ZAC's website says its near Lambs Knoll on the Kolob Terrence Road.

Sent using Tapatalk

Slot Machine
12-11-2012, 06:44 PM
---

Slot Machine
12-11-2012, 06:50 PM
The thread was deleted by one of the non-canyoneer mods through a misunderstanding/accident/unintentional deal.

:roll: :facepalm1:

Sombeech
12-11-2012, 07:09 PM
guilty

2065toyota
12-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Why would I be pissed if I requested my own thread to be deleted. There is a very legitimate reason behind it whether you agree with it or not thats not my problem. I wouldn't spend too much time and energy worrying about. I can make you a list of about 100 canyon I would do before this one. There is no harm done to anybody or anything I guess I don't really understand what the underlying issue is here of getting upset

ratagonia
12-11-2012, 07:19 PM
The thread was deleted by one of the non-canyoneer mods through a misunderstanding/accident/ unintentional deal.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :roll:

:moses:

stefan
12-11-2012, 08:07 PM
:roll:

Was hoping for something a little more constructive for someone on the inside.

sorry, didn't mean too much by it except I'm not really a fan of absolutes. anyone is free to delete their own posts as they wish and, while I agree, for the most part, that threads shouldn't be deleted I wouldn't say never.

Slot Machine
12-11-2012, 08:20 PM
There is a very legitimate reason behind it whether you agree with it or not thats not my problem.

And the reason is?

anyone is free to delete their own posts as they wish

Wow man, zero for two. Uh, yeah, I was also told that deleting posts is strongly frowned upon, and that the privilege to edit could be taken away if one's editing was detrimental to the site. I effectively, and intentionally crippled a thread that was moving at 1,000 hits a day by doing this. Yeah, bad form. And I later fixed it.

2065toyota
12-11-2012, 08:29 PM
The mods should not delete other peoples threads for sure.

Why do you have a problem with me deleting my own thread. Would you have felt a warm fuzzy feeling if I had left the thread but just deleted all the content of it

What is it that you actually want to know and what is your point?

Iceaxe
12-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Why do you have a problem with me deleting my own thread. Would you have felt a warm fuzzy feeling if I had left the thread but just deleted all the content of it

Deleting threads in a form, including your own, is considered bad manners and poor form.... kinda like farting in church, you can do it, but it never goes over well.

And when it comes to beta, deleting always creates a bigger impact than just letting it roll over to page 2.

Sent using Tapatalk

2065toyota
12-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Understood

However, it is fun to fart in church because nobody can leave

Slot Machine
12-11-2012, 08:58 PM
The mods should not delete other peoples threads for sure.
Agreed.

Why do you have a problem with me deleting my own thread.
Because you can, and I can't. It mattered a while back.

Would you have felt a warm fuzzy feeling if I had left the thread but just deleted all the content of it
Man, no need to be snide Kody, I have no beef with you. :hippy: You would have been just as wrong as I was, when I deleted all of my content from my "interesting" thread.

What is it that you actually want to know and what is your point?
I simply want to know why the thread was deleted. My point is you shouldn't get privileges that I don't get.

:phew: Answered all of your questions. Now... will you answer mine?

Slot Machine
12-11-2012, 09:03 PM
guilty

Where is the "Dislike this post" button? :haha:

ratagonia
12-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Deleting threads in a form, including your own, is considered bad manners and poor form.... kinda like farting in church, you can do it, but it never goes over well.

And when it comes to beta deleting always creates a bigger impact than just letting it roll over to page 2.

People fart in church all the time...

Well, actually, since if I went, I'd go to a Unitarian Church - lots of vegetarians - if you know what I mean; my experience may be different that yours.

Did you mean "Deleting threads in a forum...?" :naughty::crazy::nono::cry1::roll::facepalm1:

'Cause, ya know, Ice, when you're laying down the law, you might wanna speil thinks correctlie so people un'stand what ya mean.:slobber:

T :moses:

stefan
12-11-2012, 09:10 PM
I was also told that deleting posts is strongly frowned upon, and that the privilege to edit could be taken away if one's editing was detrimental to the site..

interesting ...

2065toyota
12-11-2012, 09:26 PM
guilty

Sorry. I was trying to avoid the drama by deleting the entire thread because I don't believe in "Show, but dont tell". If I wasn't going to tell, then I decided I wouldn't show. But that worked out as well as trying to hide a pizza at a Weight Watchers convention.

"You can't please everybody, if you try to you end up pleasing nobody":2thumbs:

Iceaxe
12-11-2012, 09:28 PM
How about we get back on track.... anyone want to talk about sidewinder? Maybe post a few pics or video?

Sent using Tapatalk

dweaver2130
12-11-2012, 10:23 PM
....so confused, feels like I walked into a fart cloud in church!

So is this a good canyon?

oldno7
12-12-2012, 05:14 AM
Shane, holler when ya come down, I'll go with ya to beta this crack...,.

I'm guessing tom asked him to remove the thread, since zac uses the area.

I've stayed out of this area in the past but now that some are deleting entire threads on it----it must be reaally, really good.:facepalm1:

2065toyota
12-12-2012, 09:31 AM
This thread really should just come to an end

Slot got to voice his concerns and his questions answered.

ice got to poke his fun

pretty entertaining that drama threads get more view than trip reports do.

gingerproblems
12-12-2012, 10:00 AM
For what it's worth, anyone sad the TR is gone shouldn't be. I went down the canyon system yesterday and it's on the bottom of my canyon rating list. It's a couple rappels through a crack in the rock and took me only twenty minutes to go through on my own. I would only go there again to teach someone how to rappel in a canyon setting. You aren't missing out on much. If in the area and you don't want to do a Zion canyon do Yankee D or Bolt

2065toyota
12-12-2012, 10:06 AM
It's about egos not trip reports

Iceaxe
12-12-2012, 10:15 AM

Actually.... I think it's not about ego, but the lack of a trip report. :roflol:

moab mark
12-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Here's a few picture. ZAC's took our Scouts 7 or 8 years ago. I don't remember where it is.

Mark

moab mark
12-12-2012, 12:42 PM
This was the activity that got me involved in this sport. Jonathon gave me some pointers and away I went.

ratagonia
12-12-2012, 01:25 PM
I object!!!! Someone deleted the CATS!

hmmmm. Must be something special about those cat videos... I gotta investigate!

Tom :moses:

Iceaxe
12-12-2012, 01:29 PM
I object!!!! Someone deleted the CATS!

hmmmm. Must be something special about those cat videos... I gotta investigate!

Nothing deleted... The Cats now have their own thread...
http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?66795

Please keep this thread on topic.

Enjoy

Eric Holden
12-12-2012, 09:03 PM

Of course its about egos..... What's more important than my ego?:crazycobasa: