PDA

View Full Version : Concealed Firearms Permit

Iceaxe
12-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Here's a good deal. $20 for a 4-Hour Concealed Firearms Permit Class with Passport & Fingerprint Card

http://www.ksl.com/public/deal/show/4810?_mid=4616&_rid=4616.602.141802

Details
This is a fun and interactive class, with participation encouraged. It is a one day, four-hour course, which is required in order to apply for your Utah Concealed Firearms Permit. It is taught by an active police officer Dan Willoughby, NRA Certified, and BCI certified instructor who covers state laws and safety practices along with the proper way to handle revolvers and semiautomatic pistols and their ammunition.

Offer includes:
One day, 4-hour Basic Pistol Course which includes:
Application
Fingerprint Card
Passport Photo

Restrictions
Advanced registration required.
Expires May 31, 2013
May purchase as many vouchers as needed. May buy additional as gifts.
Only people 21 or older can apply for a Concealed Weapons Permit, however, younger people are welcome to come to the class to observe for no charge.
Purchased voucher is valid starting December 5, 2012
Purchased voucher expires on May 31, 2013

rockgremlin
12-06-2012, 07:18 AM
"Advanced registration required" - Does that mean you're required to register for an advanced course beyond this basic one?

Iceaxe
12-06-2012, 07:51 AM
No, that means you make a reservation to take a class at a future date.

The class is good for anyone to take. You will learn at lot even if you don't plan to carry. Much of the class covers your rights to defend your self, home and family. It also covers what not to do. $20 is the cost of a movie, and the class is at least as entertaining.

Sent using Tapatalk

denaliguide
12-06-2012, 09:13 AM
i just applied for my ccw in arizona, in early nov. turns out i did not need to take a class at all. they accepted my hunter safety course that i did in 1981 as good enough to meet the requirements. application was only $60. now to wait the 60 days.

oldno7
12-06-2012, 11:13 AM
i just applied for my ccw in arizona, in early nov. turns out i did not need to take a class at all. they accepted my hunter safety course that i did in 1981 as good enough to meet the requirements. application was only $60. now to wait the 60 days.

I believe Az CC is good in several states that don't honor Utah's, NV and NM come to mind...

Iceaxe
12-06-2012, 11:21 AM
FYI:

Reedus
12-06-2012, 03:15 PM
I must be mistaken or you are. I bought my first handgun today. A Sprinfield 9mm XD. The guy at the counter told me that AZ did away with CCP. You don't need one to pack heat here in Arizona.

denaliguide
12-06-2012, 05:29 PM
if you are an in state resident of arizona you do not need a permit to carry concealed in arizona. if you want to carry concealed outside of state of arizona then you need the arizona ccw permit to carry in states with reciprocity. open carry is legal for residents and non-residents. the law in alaska is the same. i am an alaska resident, applied for my arizona ccw and had it sent to colorado (it came today actually!!. 30 days to the day).

rockgremlin
12-07-2012, 07:04 AM
I must be mistaken or you are. I bought my first handgun today. A Sprinfield 9mm XD. The guy at the counter told me that AZ did away with CCP. You don't need one to pack heat here in Arizona.

Welcome to the first handgun club. Got mine just 3 days ago. :2thumbs:

shlingdawg
12-07-2012, 07:50 AM
I maintain a Utah CCP even though I'm a WA state resident. At the time I moved up here, the WA permit wasn't reciprocated as well as the Utah one is.

cchoc
12-07-2012, 08:59 AM
I have a GA CCP and all that's required is a background check and a fee, no training class. I wish they did require a class, but in GA you can carry in a vehicle glovebox or console without a permit - so if you just want to do drive by's you're all set. :lol8:

Brian in SLC
12-07-2012, 09:58 AM
...but in GA you can carry in a vehicle glovebox or console without a permit - so if you just want to do drive by's you're all set. :lol8:

Same in Utah, I think?

Brian in SLC
12-07-2012, 10:00 AM
Carrying in VehiclesA person may not carry a loaded weapon in a vehicle unless they have a valid permit to carry or:

They are at least 18 years old and

Has lawful possession of the vehicle or consent of the person who has lawful possession of the vehicle and

The weapon is not a rifle, shotgun or muzzle-loading rifle

It is lawful for a person with a concealed firearms permit to carry a firearm into a bus terminal.
It is lawful for a person with a concealed firearm permit to board a bus or a train or enter a terminal with a firearm upon their person or effects. This also applies to law enforcement officers or commercial security personnel with firearms used in their employment.
Laws governing the use of concealed firearms differ from state to state. It is important to understand the laws to ensure that your actions are in compliance with Utah law.
Sources: 53-5-704 Division duties - Utah Code

rockgremlin
12-07-2012, 10:45 AM
[QUOTE=Brian in SLC;519687]Carrying in Vehicles

A person may not carry a loaded weapon in a vehicle unless they have a valid permit to carry or:

They are at least 18 years old and
Has lawful possession of the vehicle or consent of the person who has lawful possession of the vehicle and
The weapon is not a rifle, shotgun or muzzle-loading rifle

It is lawful for a person with a concealed firearms permit to carry a firearm into a bus terminal.
It is lawful for a person with a concealed firearm permit to board a bus or a train or enter a terminal with a firearm upon their person or effects. This also applies to law enforcement officers or commercial security personnel with firearms used in their employment.
Laws governing the use of concealed firearms differ from state to state. It is important to understand the laws to ensure that your actions are in compliance with Utah law.
Sources: 53-5-704 Division duties - Utah Code

Glockguy
12-08-2012, 07:43 PM
That is a good deal. I forwarded it to a few friends. For what it's worth, I have been pulled over for speeding 3 times in the last 7 years, only received warnings. I believe this was in part because I have a permit.:haha:

Mooseman70
12-10-2012, 12:15 PM
$20 is a good deal for the class. Most courses I've seen offered are anywhere from $35-60 for the same 4 hour block, fingerprints, photo, etc. Glad to see the price in a more affordable range. :2guns:

Iceaxe
01-14-2013, 10:30 AM
Here is anther good deal on obtaining a Utah Concealed Carry Permit.

Groupon Utah CCP

(http://www.groupon.com/deals/center-mass-firearms-training?p=1&pt=3UPO7AFD5AQAL86U75jDAHAXbmQEVKwTE&utm_source=pc&utm_medium=email&sid=44dbf486-75b3-4961-98ed-bfad43f163e0&division=salt-lake-city&user=740f26527ea108b277e0bd201c1f0067ef98ba46f332c 4c165fc6348add26901&date=20130114&s=body&c=deal_button&d=deal-page)The cost is only $20.

KapitanSparrow
01-15-2013, 09:14 AM
I'm in New York City and I don't have a gun. This sucks! :cry1:

rockgremlin
01-15-2013, 09:18 AM
JSYK -- if you want to register for this class you'd better do it ASAP. The seats fill up fast. I registered for the class back the first week of December and the next available class was the 3rd week of February....and that was before the Newton fiasco.

Iceaxe
01-15-2013, 01:17 PM
The CCP class is worthwhile, even if you have no intention of carrying. It's good to just know and understand your rights and the law. It's certainly worth the $20 just for the entertainment value.

Sent using Tapatalk

2065toyota
01-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Can somebody confirm or negate this. Thanks.

I know Nevada concealed is more difficult to get and they don't recognize Utah's. Arizona is fairly easy to get one and you can take the classes for it here it Utah, and Nevada recognizes it...............

oldno7
01-15-2013, 01:47 PM

I know Nevada concealed is more difficult to get and they don't recognize Utah's. Arizona is fairly easy to get one and you can take the classes for it here it Utah, and Nevada recognizes it...............

Can you go visit Rowdies(sp) I think they advertised something in regards to UT and AZ CC

2065toyota
01-15-2013, 02:17 PM
Rowdy's Range in St. George does do the AZ ones. Just curious mainly on the Nevada recognition. I probably could have looked it up myself faster than typing this in :haha:

2065toyota
01-15-2013, 02:23 PM
So here it goes. Typical government who knows what.....

Utah recognizes Arizona but not Nevada
Nevada recognizes Arizona but not Utah
Arizona recognizes all other states valid permits providing the following conditions are met:
Arizona and any political subdivisions of Arizona shall recognize a concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state if both:

The permit or license is recognized as valid in the issuing state
The permit or license holder is all of the following:

Legally present in this state
Not legally prohibited from possessing a firearm in this state

Iceaxe
01-15-2013, 02:47 PM

Utah, AZ & NV Concealed Carry Permit recognition reciprocity agreements...

http://www.bogley.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=61758&d=1354821613

Arizona's is here: http://www.azdps.gov/services/concealed_weapons/reciprocity/

Nevada's is here: http://www.nvrepository.state.nv.us/ccw_changes.shtml

So.... the only permit that is good in UT, AZ and NV is the AZ permit.

double moo
01-15-2013, 03:23 PM
I heard that NV stopped recognizing our CC permit a couple of years ago because we had no practical, or shooting, portions required for the permit. I totally agree with them - we should have a practical segment to verify you can handle a gun before you are licensed to carry it in public.

Iceaxe
01-15-2013, 05:19 PM
You can legally carry a firearm in public in Utah without a permit. We have an open carry law. The deal is the firearm can not be concealed and must be in plain sight. The Utah CCP allows you to carry the firearm concealed. Therefore under Utah law it really makes little sence to add a shooting requirement to the CCP. When you carry concealed you are bound by some different laws. The CCP class covers Utah firrarm laws and concealed carry laws. Now if you had of taken a CCP class you would already know all this :)

Sent using Tapatalk

cchoc
01-15-2013, 05:29 PM
Utah is reciprocal with Georgia so I can carry concealed without knowing anything about guns or gun laws since there is no class or test for a CCP in GA. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

double moo
01-15-2013, 06:10 PM
The CCP class covers Utah firrarm laws and concealed carry laws. Now if you had of taken a CCP class you would already know all this :)

Sent using Tapatalk

I got my CCP several years back! It is there that I decided that we need a shooting requirement. I was in a class of 15. 1st question from the instructor - "how many of you are hunters?" 3 hands went up. "how many of you have have taken a hunter's safety course?" same 3 hands went up. As the class went on the questions got more and more stupid... even down to "how do you decide which hand to hold the gun with?" By the end of the class I was scared knowing that these people, and thousands like them will be carrying guns on our streets! What's wrong with ensuring someone who carries actually has some proficiency in using the firearm?

Both Doug' Shootin' Sports and Get Some Guns have a shooting portion that they have added- though it may be just to sell ammo and rent guns!, regardless I applaud them for at least showing folks how to handle the fire arms. My wife and a couple of her friends have decided to take the CCP course. Her brother is a retired SWAT officer. For their christmas presents I set up a training class with him for the 3 of them... and included a box of ammo. If they take to it great... if it scares them off a little, then they probably shouldn't be carrying.

Iceaxe
01-15-2013, 06:41 PM
My point was those same people asking dumb questions in your class are already allowed to carry a firearm in public, so the shooting requirement is kinda silly..... something along the lines of making people take swimming lesson after they are finished swimming for ther day...

Now if you think people should have to take a class before handling or owning a firearm that is a different topic.

double moo
01-15-2013, 06:53 PM
My point was those same people asking dumb questions in your class are already allowed to carry a firearm in public, so the shooting requirement is kinda silly..... something along the lines of making people take swimming lesson after they are finished swimming for ther day...

Now if you think people should have to take a class before handling or owning a firearm that is a different topic.

not many folks open carry, even though it is legal. based on the low level questions I'm not sure they knew the law, nor would have the determination to open carry.

But I agree... they should have to take some sort of safety or handling class prior to purchase of their fire arm.

rockgremlin
01-16-2013, 07:27 AM
You can legally carry a firearm in public in Utah without a permit. We have an open carry law. The deal is the firearm can not be concealed and must be in plain sight. The Utah CCP allows you to carry the firearm concealed. Therefore under Utah law it really makes little sence to add a shooting requirement to the CCP. When you carry concealed you are bound by some different laws. The CCP class covers Utah firrarm laws and concealed carry laws. Now if you had of taken a CCP class you would already know all this :)

Sent using Tapatalk

I heard it was....you may open carry with NO permit, but there must not be a bullet in the chamber. CCP allows you to conceal WITH a bullet in the chamber, but it can't be out in the open...or something like that.

In other words,

NO CCP, NO BULLET IN CHAMBER = MUST OPEN CARRY

WITH CCP, WITH BULLET IN CHAMBER = MUST NOT OPEN CARRY, MUST CARRY IN POCKET

Correct me if I'm wrong.

PunchKing
01-16-2013, 07:42 AM
I heard it was....you may open carry with NO permit, but there must not be a bullet in the chamber. CCP allows you to conceal WITH a bullet in the chamber, but it can't be out in the open...or something like that.

In other words,

NO CCP, NO BULLET IN CHAMBER = MUST OPEN CARRY

WITH CCP, WITH BULLET IN CHAMBER = MUST NOT OPEN CARRY, MUST CARRY IN POCKET

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I am pretty sure CC holders can still carry openly but they can have one in the chamber. The the difference is essentially loaded and unloaded for the CFP holder and non CFP holder.

PunchKing
01-16-2013, 08:19 AM
Taken from a different forum I frequent: The post included links to the various Utah codes but I am not going to take the time to copy and paste them mostly because I don't know how easily. Here is the forum for those interested: http://utahconcealedcarry.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2227#p18309

What does a Utah Concealed Firearm Permit (CFP) give you?

This question occasionally comes up, so I thought I'd post a thread to deal exclusively with this topic. Remember, I am not an attorney. Do not take what I post as legal advice. Verify this information for yourselves.

Check the letter you received from BCI when you were issued your permit. It spells out what sections of law we are exempt from with a permit. In that letter (at least it was in mine), you will find that it says the following:
A concealed firearm permit only exempts you from Subsection 76-10-504(1)(a),1(b), Utah code Annotated, "Carrying Concealed Firearms". Section 76-10-505, Utah code Annotated, carrying a loaded firearm in a vehicle or on the street" and section 76-10-505.5, Utah code Annotated, possession of a dangerous weapon on or about school premises."
(Note that my letter is old now since it was sent to me long before changes in the 2009 legislative session. The remainder of this post has been updated with the changes from the 2009 legislative session.)

From what I can tell, they base the above on two sections of code:
U.C.A. 76-10-523. Persons exempt from weapons laws.
(2) The provisions of Subsections 76-10-504(1) and (2), and Section 76-10-505 do not apply to any person to whom a permit to carry a concealed firearm has been issued:
(a) pursuant to Section 53-5-704; or
(b) by another state or county.

U.C.A. 76-10-505.5. Possession of a dangerous weapon, firearm, or sawed-off shotgun on or about school premises -- Penalties.
(1) A person may not possess any dangerous weapon, firearm, or sawed-off shotgun, as those terms are defined in Section 76-10-501, at a place that the person knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is on or about school premises as defined in Subsection 76-3-203.2(1).
(2) (a) Possession of a dangerous weapon on or about school premises is a class B misdemeanor.
(b) Possession of a firearm or sawed-off shotgun on or about school premises is a class A misdemeanor.
(3) This section does not apply if:
(a) the person is authorized to possess a firearm as provided under Section 53-5-704, 53-5-705, 76-10-511, or 76-10-523, or as otherwise authorized by law;
(emphasis added)

Summary
Coalescing what the above two sections reference into a single list, with a CFP, we are exempt from the following subsections:
U.C.A. 76-10-504(1) and (2). Carrying concealed dangerous weapon -- Penalties.
(1) Except as provided in Section 76-10-503 and in Subsections (2), (3), and (4), a person who carries a concealed dangerous weapon, as defined in Section 76-10-501, including an unloaded firearm on his or her person or one that is readily accessible for immediate use which is not securely encased, as defined in this part, in or on a place other than the person's residence, property, a vehicle in the person's lawful possession, or a vehicle, with the consent of the individual who is lawfully in possession of the vehicle, or business under the person's control is guilty of a class B misdemeanor.
(2) A person who carries a concealed dangerous weapon which is a loaded firearm in violation of Subsection (1) is guilty of a class A misdemeanor.

U.C.A. 76-10-505. Carrying loaded firearm in vehicle or on street.
(1) Unless otherwise authorized by law, a person may not carry a loaded firearm:
(a) in or on a vehicle, unless:
(i) the vehicle is in the person's lawful possession; or
(ii) the person is carrying the loaded firearm in a vehicle with the consent of the person lawfully in possession of the vehicle;
(b) on a public street; or
(c) in a posted prohibited area.
(2) Subsection (1)(a) does not apply to a minor under 18 years of age, since a minor under 18 years of age may not carry a loaded firearm in or on a vehicle.
(3) Notwithstanding Subsection (1)(a)(i) and (ii), a person may not possess a loaded rifle, shotgun, or muzzle-loading rifle in a vehicle.
(4) A violation of this section is a class B misdemeanor.

U.C.A. 76-10-505.5. Possession of a dangerous weapon, firearm, or sawed-off shotgun on or about school premises -- Penalties.
(1) A person may not possess any dangerous weapon, firearm, or sawed-off shotgun, as those terms are defined in Section 76-10-501, at a place that the person knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is on or about school premises as defined in Subsection 76-3-203.2(1).
(2) (a) Possession of a dangerous weapon on or about school premises is a class B misdemeanor.
(b) Possession of a firearm or sawed-off shotgun on or about school premises is a class A misdemeanor.
(3) This section does not apply if:
(a) the person is authorized to possess a firearm as provided under Section 53-5-704, 53-5-705, 76-10-511, or 76-10-523, or as otherwise authorized by law;
That's it. Those are the only weapons statutes that we are exempt from with a CFP.

Now, understand that there are places that we are not allowed to carry, even with a CFP:
U.C.A. 53-5-710. Cross-references to concealed firearm permit restrictions.
A person with a permit to carry a concealed firearm may not carry a concealed firearm in the following locations:
(1) any secure area prescribed in Section 76-10-523.5 in which firearms are prohibited and notice of the prohibition posted;
(2) in any airport secure area as provided in Section 76-10-529; or
(3) in any house of worship or in any private residence where dangerous weapons are prohibited as provided in Section 76-10-530.

NOTE: This is my reading of the statutes. I am not a lawyer.

For a more complete list of links to Utah and Federal laws online, visit this thread: Handy links to Utah and Federal gun laws online

ADDENDUM: SGT Jensen reminded me of some more:
We can carry on a bus. (By Utah law -- be sure to check Federal law if traveling interstate!)
76-10-1504. Bus hijacking -- Assault with intent to commit hijacking -- Use of a dangerous weapon or firearm -- Penalties.
(4) (a) A person who boards a bus with a concealed dangerous weapon or firearm upon his person or effects is guilty of a third degree felony.
(b) The prohibition of Subsection (4)(a) does not apply to:
(ii) a person licensed to carry a concealed weapon;
We can carry a firearm into a terminal.
U.C.A. 76-10-1507. Exclusion of persons without bona fide business from terminal -- Firearms and dangerous materials -- Surveillance devices and seizure of offending materials -- Detention of violators -- Private security personnel.
(2) (a) A person who carries a concealed dangerous weapon, firearm, or any highly inflammable or hazardous materials or devices into a terminal or aboard a bus is guilty of a third degree felony.
(b) The prohibition of Subsection (2)(a) does not apply to individuals listed in Subsection 76-10-1504(4).
We don't have to pay the $7.50 background check fee when we buy a gun.
U.C.A. 76-10-526. Criminal background check prior to purchase of a firearm -- Fee -- Exemption for concealed firearm permit holders.
(12) (a) (i) All dealers shall collect a criminal history background check fee which is $7.50.
(13) An individual with a concealed firearm permit issued pursuant to Title 53, Chapter 5, Part 7, Concealed Weapon Act, shall be exempt from the background check and corresponding fee required in this section for the purchase of a firearm if:
(a) the individual presents the individual's concealed firearm permit to the dealer prior to purchase of the firearm; and
(b) the dealer verifies with the division that the individual's concealed firearm permit is valid.

Sandstone Addiction
01-16-2013, 01:44 PM
It is there that I decided that we need a shooting requirement.

I got my CCW back when Utah did require you to shoot. In fact, you had to show up with either a revolver a semi-auto or both. And according to which one you brought, that was what you were "certified" with--pretty much a waste of time.

I feel confident that those few that are actually committed to the demanding task of carrying on a daily basis (not just under the car seat) have sense enough to have the necessary training needed.

accadacca
01-22-2013, 09:14 PM
Education?!?! Nah... :lol8:

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/379589_10151258073987424_1787304820_n.jpg?dl=1

Iceaxe
01-22-2013, 09:48 PM
It looks like Utah might become a Constitutional carry state, which means you do not need a permit to carry concealed. If passed anyone 21 or over, who is legally allowed to carry a firearm, can carry concealed.

The Utah law will be modeled on Vermont's, which is a Constitutional carry state. Stay tuned.....

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Bootboy
01-23-2013, 01:29 AM
It looks like Utah might become a Constitutional carry state, which means you do not need a permit to carry concealed. If passed anyone 21 or over, who is legally allowed to carry a firearm, can carry concealed.

The Utah law will be modeled on Vermont's, which is a Constitutional carry state. Stay tuned.....

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Not sure how I feel about this. I kinda wish Utah would go back to having to shoot as part of your CWP. But at the same time, I think people who feel inclined to carry concealed GENERALLY have good firearm etiquette and common sense mixed with a little experience. It wouldn't occur to me that carrying would be a good idea if I had no experience or training with a handgun. Prudence should dictate initiative on the part of the carrier to seek at least basic training.

oldno7
01-23-2013, 05:36 AM

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Az and Alaska are also Constitutional carry, correct?

Iceaxe
01-23-2013, 12:34 PM
Vermont has had Constitutional Carry since the nation's founding in 1791-- they never enacted any law banning the right to discreetly bear arms.

Montana enacted Constitutional Carry in 1991, for all areas outside city limits (99.4% of the state), and is working on the rest.

Alaska enacted Constitutional Carry in 2003.

Texas enacted Constitutional Carry "light" in 2007 as the "Motorist Protection Act," freeing people to carry in their vehicles, and to and from their vehicles and their homes, land or business.

Arizona got full Constitutional Carry in 2010, and the sky has not fallen, despite desperate fears to the contrary.

Wyoming enacted Constitutional Carry for residents in 2011.

States planning to introduce or that have already introduced Constitutional Carry laws in their legislatures:

Indiana, Iowa, Montana, Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Wisconsin

:popcorn:

Iceaxe
01-24-2013, 10:43 AM
I was told Groupon will no longer permit firearm related promotions such as the Concealed Carry Permit discount noted above in the thread. I sent off the following email this morning noting my reactions.

It is my understanding that Groupon will no longer be promoting firearm training and target practice by those legally allowed to carry firearms. If this is the case I will no longer support Groupon and will encourage others to follow suit. I value my 2nd Amendment rights and believe proper firearm training reduces accidents and promotes responsible ownership.

If you want to send a similar email this is the link:
http://www.groupon.com/helpcenter

The contact customer service button is located on the left side of the page.

Iceaxe
01-25-2013, 01:02 PM
And the reply I received from Groupon:

Hi Shane,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us.

We understand that this is a sensitive topic, and that some of our customers may not agree with our choice to pause the promotion of firearm-related deals. Groupon has always aimed to offer a diverse range of products and services to meet the various tastes and interests of our subscribers. However, at this time, enough customers and merchants have voiced their opinions that we believe a hiatus is warranted.

Please note that we have never sold guns, and this hiatus only applies to firearm-related deals including shooting ranges, clay pigeon shooting, and concealed weapons training classes. We have not made a final determination regarding this category -- we are simply taking a break and may reevaluate in the future.

We genuinely appreciate your opinion and the feedback you've given us. I'll be sure to share your comments with the appropriate people.

Regards,

Nicholas I
Groupon Customer Support

cchoc
01-25-2013, 05:07 PM
Seems backwards that they'd suspend deals on training with all the new gun owners out there. I'd think we all would want everyone possible to get training.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D.O.N.E.
03-06-2013, 02:02 PM
FYI - AZ permit has lost its reciprocity with NV
http://www.nvrepository.state.nv.us/Docs/PR_2013-03-01_ArizonaRecognition.pdf

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state-legislation/2013/3/arizona-ccw-permit-holders-no-longer-welcome-in-nevada.aspx#.UTeI5keA07M.email

DOSS
03-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Amazon local deals has still been doing them :)

Sandstone Addiction
03-07-2013, 03:55 PM
FYI - AZ permit has lost its reciprocity with NV
http://www.nvrepository.state.nv.us/Docs/PR_2013-03-01_ArizonaRecognition.pdf

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state-legislation/2013/3/arizona-ccw-permit-holders-no-longer-welcome-in-nevada.aspx#.UTeI5keA07M.email

Bad news...thanks for the heads up.

wnorton
03-08-2013, 04:37 AM
Wow. Interesting timing, I just completed the AZ fingerprints and training a week ago. Oh well. M

Thanks for the heads up.

From wnorton using an iPad and Tapatalk HD.

Iceaxe
03-10-2013, 10:12 PM
Utah is on the verge of becoming a constitutional carry state. The bill passed the house and should be a slam dunk in the senate.

This will also make Utah the first state to score a perfect -2. The lowest score possible from the Brady gun control crowd. We get the -2 because we also allow CC in public schools with a CCP.

I love living in Utah :-)

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

oldno7
03-11-2013, 06:07 AM
I haven't seen the final bill.

Last I heard was it was amended so that Constitutional carry was "unloaded" only.

To carry a loaded gun would still require a CC.

Iceaxe
03-11-2013, 07:34 AM
"Unloaded" is a little misleading, at least to those outside the state. Unloaded in Utah means you can't have a round in the chamber, but you can have a fully load magazine in the firearm. I have no issues with that, racking a slide or flipping a safty makes no difference to me. And we still have our CC permit available, which offers additional benefits, including carrying loaded.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

DOSS
03-11-2013, 07:51 AM
"Unloaded" is a little misleading, at least to those outside the state. Unloaded in Utah means you can't have a round in the chamber, but you can have a fully load magazine in the firearm. I have no issues with that, racking a slide or flipping a safty makes no difference to me. And we still have our CC permit available, which offers additional benefits, including carrying loaded.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3
Gotta love 2 steps... pull back the slide.. pull the trigger :)

Don't forget the benefit of being able to carry in a school zone.. Without the CCP you cannot carry within a school zone open or concealed and the new law does not change this.

accadacca
08-27-2019, 08:42 PM
An episode of grumpy old men...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190828/ca5ef1c8d8315ad08ddcc38e915a37a3.jpg

69-year-old man with concealed carry permit pulls gun on couple during road rage incident

MAGNA, Utah (ABC4 News) – A 69-year-old man with a concealed carry permit was arrested Sunday after police said he pulled a gun on a couple after they confronted him about his aggressive driving.

According to arresting documents, police responded to a road rage incident on Sunday near 8800 West 3100 South after callers said Rocky Conner was driving aggressive and nearly hit two pedestrians crossing the street.

One woman honked and yelled at the man for his aggressive driving and to pay attention, documents state. Conner then stopped and backed his vehicle up in front of the woman’s car, exited his vehicle with a black hand gun and pointed it in her direction.

Conner then approached the woman on foot, and while holding the gun in his right hand reached into her car and grabbed their phone from her hand. Arresting documents state the woman gripped her phone and would not allow Conner to take it from her. Conner told the woman “‘I’ll show you to pay attention” and pointed the gun at her.

The woman told police she feared for her life.

Police said Conner then got brown paper towels from his car and covered his license plate and drove off.

The woman took a photo of Conner as he was concealing his plate number.

Police were able to identify the suspect in the road rage as Conner. His vehicle was found parked at a local emergency room.

When officers asked Conner to explain his actions, they say he admitted to getting into an argument with the woman and pulled out his black pistol.

Conner said he was in fear for his safety when a second witness, believed to be a passenger in the woman’s car, exited the vehicle and approached him. He thought the man had a gun but as it turned out, it was a cell phone.

Conner admitted to waving the gun in the air and did reach into the woman’s driver’s side window to take away her phone. He also admitted to concealing his plate number with paper towels, according to documents.

When asked why he covered his plate, Conner said to save him time. Conner admitted to losing control and took it to far, documents state.

During a search of Conner’s vehicle, a black pistol was recovered from the center console with his concealed weapon’s permit on top.

Conner faces one count first-degree felony aggravated robbery with a weapon and misdemeanor charges of threat or use of a dangerous weapon in a fight and obstruction of justice.

https://www.abc4.com/news/local-news/69-year-old-man-with-concealed-carry-permit-pulls-gun-on-couple-during-road-rage-incident/

rockgremlin
08-27-2019, 09:53 PM
Those are some heavy charges. :eek2:

Sombeech
08-28-2019, 07:37 AM
He just got out of church and was pissed off at the Liberal talking points

Iceaxe
08-28-2019, 11:54 AM
He just got out of church and was pissed off at the Liberal talking pointsI knew what I said went completely over your head... as the liberal pandering has nothing to do with the Church sermon, and everything to do with the left turn in their business model. And make no mistake, the LDS Church is big business.

Climb-Utah.com