PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Puohokamoa AKA Garden of Eden

Dakine
12-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Aloha From Maui-

My friend and I did our first descent of Puohokamoa and I thought I would share. We had a blast and the views were amazing. I am not much for writing so I will let the photos and video speak for me. One word of caution the hike out is very physical and demanding so not for the faint of heart.
Aloha,
Dakine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r23aTfvnkao

dweaver2130
12-03-2012, 05:43 AM
Amazing!

Eric Holden
12-03-2012, 07:47 AM
Those HI Falls man! Love um!

heliski2
12-03-2012, 09:27 AM
Gorgeous! What is the hike in like compared to the physical & demanding hike out?

Dakine
12-03-2012, 05:22 PM
The hike in is very easy in my opinion. After entering the stream bed it is only a 15 min hike to the first waterfall. It has five drops and ends at an isolated beach. When we got to the beach we scared two cows or should I say they scared me. I have no idea how they got there unless they were washed down in a flash flood or fell, but I can assure you they will not be leaving unless someone brings a helicopter. As for the hike out it took an hour of climbing up an almost vertical canyon wall with loose dirt, rock and vegetation that released when you tried to hold on to it. Someone has left rope in two critical places, but it still took about 6-7 hours to complete the loop. If any of you are planing a trip to Maui please feel free to contact me for the beta or to show you are beautiful island canyons.
Mahalo,
Dakine