PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Love Those Ancestral Puebloan Sites and Artifacts!

ozwald
11-21-2012, 05:22 PM
Hey all. Thought I would post some interesting Pic's of some Kiva's and Artifacts from the Southwestern Colorado region. I Took part in an Archaeological field school last August for a week. Was affiliated with the Verde Valley Archaeological Society and had a lot of fun but I managed to haul so much dirt in my exuberance that I nearly put myself back in the hospital. (After all, I've had 4 back surgeries in about 16 years). I hadn't been on a major excavation and I certainly learned alot. Good Teachers. I might add that none of these pictures are were taken by me and that they were obtained through research in the public domain (Web). I believe that they were taken previous to our excavation week. Since it's Thanksgiving, I will start with this pic of a Kiva floor with a lot of buried stuff. They liked Turkeys back then also, evidently.61317 The next shot is a very finely excavated Kiva with a lot of detail. A lot of methodical work has been accomplished at this site.61318 The following photos are of artifacts excavated at the site. They sure made some extra nice stuff back then.61319 This last Pic is most likely the coolest thing I have ever seen. Could you imagine what it would be like to excavate something like this? More to come in the future. 61320

Doc Foster
11-16-2013, 06:56 PM
Thanks for sharing!