PDA

View Full Version : Rob Stuck in a Cave Entrance

CaverStretch
11-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Ok. I will admit. I have lots of footage of friends doing silly stupid and sometimes embarrassing stuff caving or mine exploring. And yes, I am also privy to that. So I thought it's probably time to show some 'Not my best moment' footage of when I got stuck in a cave entrance. So this video only shows the last part. I think people were 'Patently' waiting for me and someone decided to pull out a camera.

So put this video in prospective. I had actually been stuck for some time. The entrance is on a slight incline going down. And it's tight. And as I was entering the cave I knew I was probably going to be in trouble coming back out. So when we were finally done caving for the day, it was my turn. I started up the crawl. On my back. It was tight. Really tight. My nose was almost touching the ceiling. I could not get my chest through the squeeze. Or my hips. The problem was I couldn't move my arms, so I had no leverage. It took my 30 minutes to squeeze out that hole. I was really tired. But I did get out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgOEOGcNp-0

ozwald
11-14-2012, 03:03 PM
That kinda looks like just about every cave entrance that I find myself gravitating to. Or maybe I'm just getting larger around the middle. Naw, that couldn't be! OZ....