PDA

View Full Version : Conditions Paria/Buckskin - current conditions? TIA.

tradkelly
10-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Headed here w/ long-sought permit in a week-plus, and am hoping that someone has been through lately with a good report (nothing too unexpected, like dragons, or waist-deep mud-wading for 10 miles). Any help? :) Thank you very much. Stay safe, be smart, and have fun. I appreciate your time in replying, either publically or by PM.
Cheers.
~kelly

Slot Machine
10-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Headed here w/ long-sought permit in a week-plus, and am hoping that someone has been through lately with a good report (nothing too unexpected, like dragons, or waist-deep mud-wading for 10 miles). Any help? :) Thank you very much. Stay safe, be smart, and have fun. I appreciate your time in replying, either publically or by PM.
Cheers.
~kelly

It rained pretty hard down in the Zion/Kanab area on September 23rd. Yeah, that is a little dated, but the water from that storm is probably still sitting in there. I don't know about dragons or any other major obstacles, but I'd bet the farm there will be several thigh/waist deep wades.

A while back we did the canyon the day after it flashed. It was the hardest day of hiking I've ever experienced. Mucho, mucho mud; the type that yanks your boots off. I'll wait until it is bone dry before trying Buckskin again...

tradkelly
10-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Thank you very much, SM. I'm fully expecting wet and pools; I'll see what the weather brings in the next week and see if I can't think up a boot retention system (under-gaiters?). Would love to hear other experiences if anyone is bold in the next week! Cheers.
~kelly