PDA

View Full Version : Newbie on board

tomertim
09-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Thanks for letting me jump in with everyone.

Here's my gig- I'm 9 year transplant to Utah. Orginally from the Boise area but have lived in Fairbanks Alaska and spent a bunch of time in South America. Life used entail working construction for six months out of the year, saving up all I could, then hitting the road. On one of these adventures I sat on an airplane with the person who I'm now married to (who happened to live in SLC).

First couple of years here were rough until I found my little circle of amigos. Since then, you would have to drag me out of Utah.

The reason I decided to join in here is I have been looking for a place that encompasses all aspects of outdoor recreation. It seems like on other sites you could be hung for liking to ride 4 wheelers and shooting a .308 while also working to build a solar panel gazebo and drink Starbucks lattes. Maybe I'm wrong, but this place seems to kind of catch all aspects.

Once again, thanks for having me. I hope to be of some contribution. Tommorow my wife and I are celebrating our anniversary by either heading up to lake Blanche or Deseret Peak. I spend quite a bit of time solo hiking with the dogs out in the Deseret area so maybe lake Blance without the puppies. Any thoughts on a anniversary hike would be awesome.

Iceaxe
09-14-2012, 05:49 PM
Welcome... my anniversary is also tomorrow.... and we will NOT be hiking.... but we will be sweaty....

Sent using Tapatalk

Bootboy
09-14-2012, 06:23 PM
Welcome... my anniversary is also tomorrow.... and we will NOT be hiking.... but we will be sweaty....

Sent using Tapatalk

Woof!

tomertim
09-14-2012, 08:18 PM
Off to the peak we all go

Felicia
09-14-2012, 08:36 PM
Welcome to Bogley!

tomertim
09-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Felicia,

Mucho thanks. I appreciate it.

accadacca
09-15-2012, 05:34 AM
Welcome and happy anniversary. It is great hiking weather out there for sure.