PDA

View Full Version : Invite Birch Hollow on Saturday Sep 15

2065toyota
09-12-2012, 04:58 PM
There are a few us doing Birch and then up Orderville on Saturday if anybody wants to join us

Mountaineer
09-16-2012, 06:29 AM
How did it go? What were the conditions? Anchors in good shape?

Thinking about doing this one soon.

2065toyota
09-16-2012, 04:43 PM
My son ended up having a soccer game that morning so we need up doing Yankee and boltergeist. Both were full of water. As least as much as they hold. I would assume birch is the normal muddy raps that makes me have to wash my ropes every time we get back. But I wish we would have had more time to go that route

scubabryan
09-16-2012, 06:24 PM
How did it go? What were the conditions? Anchors in good shape?

Thinking about doing this one soon.

We did Birch yesterday. All anchors are good. Someone removed the webbing from all bolts this year and replaced with chain. Webbing at the 3 tree anchors are fine. Webbing at 2nd down climb could be replaced. Have done Birch 4 times this year and every time it's been a muddy mess at the bottom of multiple raps. Def want to wash your rope after.

Mountaineer
09-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the update, very useful for when we went.

We did the canyon on Monday. Very easy going canyon with incredible views. Very nice. Took us about 3 hours, so a little short. Avoided the mud.

The chains are proper to length, but one side may be a chain link while the other is a larger QL. Use caution on the rope pull as it is possible to pull the small link into the larger one...