PDA

View Full Version : Computer help

Iceaxe
08-13-2012, 05:31 PM
I need someone in the Sandy area that does a good job of fixing computers at a reasonable price. Any recomendations ?

I don't have time to fix all the friends and family computers that show up on my doorstep and need somewhere reliable to send them.

Dan, if your Interested ping my sideband.

Sent using Tapatalk

Sombeech
08-13-2012, 08:52 PM
wut the problem is?

Iceaxe
08-13-2012, 09:44 PM
The problem is there are only 24 hours in the day..... LOL...

But my pressing need at the moment is my dad's computer is down and it think its a hard drive or controller issue and I just don't have the time to mess with it right now.

Sent using Tapatalk

Sombeech
08-13-2012, 10:19 PM
What's the error, is it right at boot up? Snap a cell phone photo of the message if that would be easier.

Iceaxe
08-13-2012, 10:46 PM
You want me to work on it, which is what I'm trying to avoid :)

I've not looked at his computer, he said it had a message about hard drive failure and now it starts to boot up and crashes.

Sent using Tapatalk

Sombeech
08-13-2012, 11:30 PM
You want me to work on it, which is what I'm trying to avoid :)

I've not looked at his computer, he said it had a message about hard drive failure and now it starts to boot up and crashes.

Sent using Tapatalk

Too bad I'm up in Clinton, but what it sounds like is he'd better try to get his valuables off of that drive before it becomes a brick, then buy a new hard drive, install windows on that. Or, depending on the age of the computer, a new one might be more worth his money.

I might be able to get his stuff off the hard drive for him but it will be a few days, I'm crunched for time right now.

BruteForce
08-14-2012, 05:56 AM
Ice, my boy (17 years old) is a pro (I know, I trained him) and could probably be a short-term go to. I've had him interning in my IT shop these past few weeks.

DiscGo
08-14-2012, 09:08 PM
Shane- I would fix your personal computer for free for you as a friend. But in general I try and avoid home computer repair and just stick with business support. There are just too many headaches with home users.

Iceaxe
08-15-2012, 07:12 AM
Thanks everyone. My dad just took it back to where he baught it as it had a lifetime warrenty. He just didn't want to drive to Ogden where the store was located.

Sent using Tapatalk