PDA

View Full Version : Bogley Fantasy Football 2012

rockgremlin
08-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Are we doin' this or what? Season starts Sept 5th. I'm lookin forward to another year of failure and defeat. Bring it on!

Iceaxe
08-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Stormy and I are in again... we need a commish... Nelson???

Sent using Tapatalk

accadacca
08-12-2012, 07:22 PM
Bring on the beatings... :haha:

nelsonccc
08-13-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm in. Didn't realize it was so soon! Damn. I'll set it up and send out the invites in the next day or so.

Iceaxe
08-13-2012, 05:19 PM
Awesome....

Sent using Tapatalk

rockgremlin
08-14-2012, 07:01 AM
Send my invite to hotmailsucks@bogley.com

Thanks

nelsonccc
08-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Invites just went out. Let me know if you didn't get it. Live draft is set for the 8/26/12 at 7 pm. Setting should all be the same from last year. I can't recall any major issues from last year so I'll leave it unless you guys want it changed.
Rock, I'll send yours to the new email now.

Iceaxe
08-14-2012, 10:16 AM
Fantasy Football.... what's not to like.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/tampabreeze.jpg

rockgremlin
08-14-2012, 10:49 AM
Fantasy Football.... what's not to like.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/tampabreeze.jpg

Hey! That's got Fantasy AND Football in it! :lol8:

rockgremlin
08-16-2012, 09:44 AM
My friend is down to play again this year if we have the room and need him.

dansheeran1971@yahoo.com

nelsonccc
08-20-2012, 09:53 AM
we have 3 that haven't joined up yet. I'm not sure of their Bogley Names other than Dan. I'm going to try again today and I'll send an email to this dansheeran.

So I just sent Live2ride another invite and also sent one to Justin's friend this dan sheeran. I've talked with Ransom and he has draft timing issues. I'll see if he's going to join up. Otherwise we'll play with ten instead of 12. So if there are other Bogley peeps that want in let me know!

Iceaxe
08-21-2012, 05:31 PM
Let's fill the 10th spot and get this show on the road. If guys haven't answered their emails after one week I say it's fair game for the open spots.

FYI: I have a player if we need one to fill the 10th or 12th spot.

nelsonccc
08-21-2012, 07:31 PM
I've sent out several invites to everyone from last season plus gremlins buddy. So I'm not sure what the deal is.

If we don't have a tenth by tomorrow afternoon I'll post in general to see if any of the new bogley peeps want in.

Looking forward to another season!

nelsonccc
08-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Beaners joined back up this morning. I changed the teams from 12 to 10. So now we are done. Everybody else had their chance to join and failed. If I receive requests for two teams in the next day or so then I'll change it back to 12 and allow them to join but I didn't want to run the risk of having one join and being stuck looking for a 12.

nelsonccc
08-24-2012, 04:32 PM
REMINDER: the draft is this Sunday night.

See ya there!

Iceaxe
08-24-2012, 04:43 PM
Yo Christian.... after the draft I sugest you lock the teams for 24 hours like last year to give those that auto draft a chance to check out their team.

Sent using Tapatalk

nelsonccc
08-24-2012, 10:31 PM
Yo Christian.... after the draft I sugest you lock the teams for 24 hours like last year to give those that auto draft a chance to check out their team.

Sent using Tapatalk

Yep. As you know I do it every year.

jdgibney
08-25-2012, 06:40 AM
Looking forward to it again this year! Thanks for going easy on me last year ;)

live2ride
08-25-2012, 10:39 AM
Beaners came in late this year but are ready to rip shit up!

nelsonccc
08-27-2012, 10:04 AM
I felt like I drafted okay. I was a little surprised by some peoples picks but overall it was interesting. Much different dynamic this year with 10 teams instead of 12. I think most of us have a team full of starters, even the bench players.

Iceaxe
08-27-2012, 10:57 AM
I'm not sure what to think of my team yet. I wish I had of created my own rankings cause yahoos sucks.

Sent using Tapatalk

nelsonccc
08-27-2012, 11:52 AM
I'm not sure what to think of my team yet. I wish I had of created my own rankings cause yahoos sucks.

Sent using Tapatalk

Yep. One of the first things I did was to re-rank all the players from last year against what Yahoo said. There's a huge difference! Our top 10 players are way different than Yahoo's top ten. Return guys and RB's that catch a lot of passes are of higher value than a typical RB. Which is one of the reasons our league's draft was so WR and QB heavy in the first rounds. It seemed like there were 5-6 GOOD RB's but the rest are platoon backs. I didn't even get a RB till the third round.

I spent about an hour looking at the teams of the top 4 from last year. Looking at what players they had that 'carried' them thru the year. It was surprising to find that it was almost a solid QB and WR. Very rarely did those of us with lots of waiver moves lead the pack.

Iceaxe
08-27-2012, 01:38 PM
I'm still surprised you didnt grab Danny Amendola as he was the top fantasy guy in our league 2 years ago and won me a championship. I wanted him with my final pick but was afraid you would snag him before that. It will be interesting to see if he returns from his injury.

Sent using Tapatalk

accadacca
08-27-2012, 01:49 PM
I'm happy with my team! For now... :popcorn:

Iceaxe
08-27-2012, 03:32 PM

Yeah.... but you're a bottom feeder.....

:roflol:

accadacca
08-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Yeah.... but you're a bottom feeder.....

:roflol:
We shall see... I took 4th last year, you took 3rd and I beat yer ass.
1-0 vs. Ice and 2-0 vs. Storm. :stud:

Iceaxe
08-27-2012, 05:52 PM
2-0 vs. Storm.

So you beat a 15 y/o girl?!? Not really chest thumping material.... :lol8:

And If I finished 3rd and you finished 4th that means I beat you in the playoffs.... you know... when it counts. :stud:

accadacca
08-27-2012, 07:44 PM
It is when her Dad is managing the team. :haha:

Iceaxe
08-27-2012, 09:16 PM
It is when her Dad is managing the team. :haha:

She manages her team all on her own. In fact, it's a big rivalry in our house. We often have side bets going on who's team will score more on a particular weekend. And when our teams meet its like BYU/Utah week around the house.... in other words.... lots of fun....

:2thumbs:

accadacca
08-27-2012, 09:19 PM
I bet! I wanna get my 9 year old going next year. He'd love it. :2thumbs:

nelsonccc
08-29-2012, 07:54 AM
Starts tonight so.get your lineups ready! Should be an interesting season. I've had seasons where I've won, and lost and taken everything in between. Let's hope it's a good season and not a 'bogley bottom feeder' season.

nelsonccc
08-29-2012, 04:25 PM
Nevermind I'm an idiot! It's next Wednesday.

Iceaxe
08-29-2012, 05:12 PM
Nevermind I'm an idiot! It's next Wednesday.

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

I seen that this morning and was wondering how long until you figured it out....

....but I did check the NFL schedule just to make sure....

nelsonccc
08-29-2012, 07:21 PM
I was trying to watch it at work and realized their were two games on. I thought wtf? Then I checked and saw it starts on the 5th. Then I had to check to see if the ff scoring was starting tonight and if I'd messed that up. Cluster fook!

nelsonccc
09-17-2012, 04:58 PM
Crazy to see some of the point swings that are occurring on teams. Also seems to be a bit of a shift in the traditional teams and point areas. For example not a lot of points out of Rodgers, Welker, etc. And interestingly enough it looks like the return guys are a bigger impact than normal. Seems like they are all bringing it out of the endzone for a pretty typical 20-25 yards per kick-off. Starting to see kick return guys getting the 5 point bonus for going over 100 yards. Interesting.

Iceaxe
09-17-2012, 07:36 PM

How about now?

Sent using Tapatalk

nelsonccc
09-25-2012, 11:23 AM
Squeezed a win out last night! Booyha. Even after I lost Bush and Stafford. The point totals are swinging big time week to week.

accadacca
09-25-2012, 11:57 AM
I got my first win too. :stud:

Iceaxe
09-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Rockgremlin has now lost 2 games by less than one point. That's gotta suck...

Sent using Tapatalk

rockgremlin
09-25-2012, 05:43 PM
Second time in 3 weeks that I've lost by 1 point. I'm hoping to lose by one point again this week. Let's make it 3 times in 4 weeks, why not?

I'm second in the league on points, but I'm DEAD LAST in the rankings.

This is BS..

nelsonccc
09-25-2012, 07:29 PM
Second time in 3 weeks that I've lost by 1 point. I'm hoping to lose by one point again this week. Let's make it 3 times in 4 weeks, why not?

I'm second in the league on points, but I'm DEAD LAST in the rankings.

This is BS..

'cause you suck ballz!

accadacca
10-03-2012, 08:53 PM
I moved from the bottom of the pack to near the top in one week. Gotta love it!

rockgremlin
10-04-2012, 07:39 AM
I moved from the bottom of the pack to the second to the bottom of the pack in one week. I still have the second highest point total, which will come in handy during the playoffs when I own you bitches.

Iceaxe
10-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Gosh rockgremlin... are you planning on letting everyone in the league bend you over and make you their bitch?

Sent using Tapatalk

nelsonccc
10-22-2012, 09:40 AM
Bad, bad bye week. Ughh. I had 4 guys combine for 2 points. 2 of them goose egged me, one got 4 points, and my defense went -2 points. Despicable.

rockgremlin
10-23-2012, 12:33 PM
'cause you suck ballz!

...you were saying? :lol8:

rockgremlin
10-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Gosh rockgremlin... are you planning on letting everyone in the league bend you over and make you their bitch?

Sent using Tapatalk

Third in the league on points...behind Sexy Rexy and some other asshat

nelsonccc
10-23-2012, 03:22 PM
...you were saying? :lol8:

That's okay 3rd is still better than 6th. We all lose sometime.

And ps.....it's not the points that matter but how many games you win.

rockgremlin
10-23-2012, 04:19 PM
And ps.....it's not the points that matter but how many games you win.

That kinda reminds me of the woman who's married to the guy with a tiny penis...."that's ok dear, it's not the size of the wave, etc" or something like that.

Points count big near the postseason.

nelsonccc
10-23-2012, 08:26 PM
That kinda reminds me of the woman who's married to the guy with a tiny penis...."that's ok dear, it's not the size of the wave, etc" or something like that.

Points count big near the postseason.

I don't think you need to worry about the postseason....

nelsonccc
11-05-2012, 07:02 AM

Starting to look like I don't have to worry about it either. Damn team.

live2ride
11-05-2012, 08:52 AM
being that the second place team has 4 wins, it is still pretty wide open for the majority of the league.

rockgremlin
11-06-2012, 07:37 AM

Savage Injuns Gets By NERRRRRDS!, Climbs to Fourth Place
Told you bitchez I was on a tear...:twisted:

accadacca
11-26-2012, 09:38 PM
Lost by 2 points, two weeks in a row...shit!

nelsonccc
11-27-2012, 11:26 AM
I've lost by less than five points three times this season. Sucks. BUT.....I have beat Ice twice now. Maybe if I win out I can make the playoffs? Doubt it.

Iceaxe
11-29-2012, 09:41 PM
Brees fails to score 2 points. Harvin, Austin, and Shorts are out? And to top it off I lose to a bottom feeder last week. Oh how the worm has turned.

Sent using Tapatalk

rockgremlin
11-30-2012, 08:24 AM
Lost by 2 points, two weeks in a row...shit!

Oh BOO HOO!! My first two weeks I scored 120+ points, and lost by less than 1 point both weeks. Had that not happened I would've been in 4th place right now, and playoff bound.

Iceaxe
11-30-2012, 10:05 AM
^^^ STFU ^^^ Bottom feeder.

Kent K25
11-30-2012, 12:02 PM
I'm not in your league but looking for an opinion from some FF peeps...

In my league there is one team that has obviously not been touching his roster. He has been missing a TE all year, and never pulled anyone on their bye weeks.

This last week I finally hopped from 2nd to first and in our final week before the playoffs I play this loser team. The commissioner just went from 1st to 2nd... and suddenly the loser team has a full roster ready to play me this week...

I've got good reason to believe the commish adjusted the loser team's roster right or at least begged his buddy to log on and adjust his own roster?

What would you do? Call him out? Let it go? Or go 100% immature and drop all your players and quit.

I'm leaning towards immaturity, but then again I always do.

Iceaxe
11-30-2012, 12:31 PM
I would call the commish out on it publicly.... and see what happens...

If things are not adjusted/explained to your satisfation I'd just tell them you will not be back next year to play in their chickenshit league.

I don't think taking your ball and going home is the correct approach as that punishes all the players in the league for one asshat. Also, the more I play FF the more I learn, so even if the field is tilted you can gain some persoanl benefit from playing. Or trade your top 6 players to anyone but the commish for their bench.

If it's a Yahoo league you can post a WTF message that goes to everyone in the league, I'm sure other leagues have the same abilities. I would post your complaint in an open letter/message for the entire league to see. If others support your cause you will have a lot of weight and peer pressure on your side, if you are all alone just come play with the Bogley league next yeat. Christian does a good job of managing the league.

Anyhoo... that's my 2 cents...

But if you really want to be an asshat drop out of the league and wave all your players (or trade them for nobodies). That really screws up a league because suddenly their are 10 great players dropped into the league out of thin air. Or post a trade that your top 6 players are up for trade to anyone but the crooked commish. No offer refused.

accadacca
11-30-2012, 01:25 PM
Nice. :lol8: Let us know how it shakes out...I would speak up.

It does suck when people seem to fall asleep at the switch when they play others except you. It has happened to me. It is rarely perfect.
I am currently in the hunt for the last playoff slot. :popcorn:

Iceaxe
11-30-2012, 04:37 PM
FWIW: I was in a league once where we had a similar problem to Kent K25's. The solution we used was to reset the lineup of the missing owners team to the way it had sat all year, and than lock the team.

It helped some owners and hurt others, but at least it was a random roll of the dice that everyone considered fair.

Iceaxe
11-30-2012, 04:42 PM
It does suck when people seem to fall asleep at the switch when they play others except you. It has happened to me. It is rarely perfect.

Sometimes folks will just use a player in a BYE week because doing anything else will screw up their team down the road. I know I have done that before. So it might only look like someone was asleep when they were actually playing a long term stratagy. I know Powerdpuff's did that once this year because trying to create a line-up for the week was going to kill her future team so she ended up playing two guys on a BYE.

nelsonccc
12-01-2012, 09:34 AM
If its a yahoo league then whenever the commish does something it shows up on the front page for everyone to see. So if he adjusted the guys roster it would have shown a "commissioner adjust of qb-empty to qb- Vick for team blah blah". Something like that for every roster position. So unless that showed up, and I'm pretty sure it's like that for all leagues to keep people honest, then he probably just had the guy adjust it or give him the access info.

I look at each team each week to see if someone is dropping the ball. I saw the week powder had a couple of guys on bye an I saw that her bench was almost entirely bye guys. So I too saw that if she was to play a full team she would need to drop a bunch of good people.

Ive got my eyes on you boys.

Kent K25
12-02-2012, 12:45 PM
I posted on the message board and the usually quick to respond commish hasn't commented...it's been 2 days.

Whatever.

Hopefully I'll pull out the win anyway, just irked me a bit.

accadacca
12-02-2012, 06:55 PM
Regardless if the commish did it or not. If he told a buddy to wake up and change his line up....thats B.S.

accadacca
12-03-2012, 08:47 PM
After losing by 2 points back to back weeks. This week I won by 2 points. Still in the hunt!

4 teams at 6-7 fighting for the 4th playoff spot. :popcorn:

Iceaxe
12-04-2012, 05:43 AM
Maybe if I win out I can make the playoffs? Doubt it.

You are still alive. It's a bit of a long shot as you must win and two other teams must lose.... but.... it's possible the guy that handed me my only losses will end up with the fourth and final playoff seed.

Sent using Tapatalk

nelsonccc
12-04-2012, 11:17 AM
You are still alive. It's a bit of a long shot as you must win and two other teams must lose.... but.... it's possible the guy that handed me my only losses will end up with the fourth and final playoff seed.

Sent using Tapatalk

For me to make it I'll need beaners and big ballz to lose while I beat Blame the Refs. Thats the only scenario that will let me in. If either beaners or Big ballz win then they'll take fourth on points. The way this league is, if I lose I might not even make it into the consolation bracket since we're all so close.

Iceaxe
12-10-2012, 12:46 PM
That final playoff spot is a real dog fight.

Sent using Tapatalk

accadacca
12-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Coming down to the wire! :popcorn:

It looks like Blame the Refs, CP Rats and myself with all finish 7-7. CP Rats is way ahead of us in points so he will take the 3rd playoff spot.

I am currently about 1.5 points ahead of Blame the Refs. I have my kicker going tonight, S. Graham @ New England. BTR has his defense going tonight, Houston @ New England

Iceaxe
12-10-2012, 10:51 PM
After 14 games 4th place makes it in by 4 points....

Sent using Tapatalk

accadacca
12-11-2012, 05:27 AM
Giddy up! CRAZY season.

It's been a very competitive season for most of the teams. The closest I have ever seen it. Bring on the playoffs!

nelsonccc
12-11-2012, 11:07 AM
I was so hoping for one more pass to Owens and one more pass to Lloyd. That was the difference in Big Ballz losing to Powder and me beating Blame the Refs. Then I would have gotten 4th place. Just stupid close. Great season so far though! Very, very close.

On a side note I am thinking of moving us to a better fantasy site next year. I played in an ESPN league this season and it's loads better than Yahoo. Though Yahoo is getting better.

Iceaxe
12-11-2012, 05:04 PM
The playoff's should be much closer.... I lost Percy Harvin (#1 in fantasy points at the time) for the year and that sucks 20 to 35 points out of my score every week. Now I'm just a douche like the rest of you trying to find a way to win every week.

Gotta love Fantasy Football

accadacca
12-16-2012, 04:47 PM
CRAZY matchup...made me sweat! I wish I would have played Russell Wilson, but it didn't matter.

Championship game. :popcorn:

nelsonccc
12-16-2012, 08:15 PM
4th seed beats 1st seed. Typical bogley ff. my team took another crap on me, as usual.