PDA

View Full Version : So I'm taking my wife and kids rafting

Sombeech
08-06-2012, 11:05 PM
And I'm pretty excited about it, I know they're going to love it. We'll start from the dam at Flaming Gorge and just do a day run down to Little Hole on the Green River, I think it's just a 7 mile stretch from what I remember.

We're renting a raft at Flaming Gorge Rec Services. There are 2 other rental services near the Gorge too.

Alex suggested to rent from the University of Utah, which would be a good choice but I'll be gone for 4 days and only rafting 1 of them.

I'll bring some fishing gear for the kids too, although I think they'll be more excited about jumping into that crystal clear green water :mrgreen:

denaliguide
08-06-2012, 11:12 PM
have a blast. sounds like a grreat time!

Scott P
08-07-2012, 06:33 AM
although I think they'll be more excited about jumping into that crystal clear green water

Until they realize that it's 39F degree water.:haha:

Have fun. I hope to go there in the upcoming weeks. Need a partner to help paddle the canoe though.

Sombeech
08-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Until they realize that it's 39F degree water.:haha:

Yeah it is coming right from the bottom of the dam, huh. I'm hoping it will be just that hot to enjoy it. :bandit:

restrac2000
08-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Flows (http://www.usbr.gov/uc/water/crsp/cs/fgd.html) should be manageable through September

You'll be dodging rocks in one of the last rapids but other than it should be a blast.

Wish I could get down there to see the river this season and the damage from last year's peak releases.