PDA

View Full Version : Town of Woodside for sale

Scott P
07-31-2012, 02:51 PM
Just noticed this on yahoo:

http://news.yahoo.com/want-own-wild-west-town-sale-utah-3-200042979.html

Does anyone remember Woodside (between Price and Green River)? We used to stop there for gas (it was the cheapest around).

JONBOYLEMON
07-31-2012, 03:10 PM
Everytime I drive past there @ 80 mph in a hurry to get somewhere, I say, next time I will stop and have a look see on that little town. But alas, I never even touch the brakes.

Scott Card
07-31-2012, 03:13 PM
I would buy this in a heartbeat if I had money to burn. I know I have wanted to skip Green River before and I would favor a good food/gas place between Hanksville and Price where I didn't have to waste an additional 15-20 minutes of drive time. I'd like to skip Green River altogether.

jman
07-31-2012, 03:38 PM
And don't forget about the Woodside carbon-dioxide geyser!

Here are some old pics I googled:
57165 57166

And apparently James Buchanan's (former president) "first lady" (since he was the only pres who never married) is buried in the Woodside cemetery. It's a neat area.

Plus, everyone I've stopped in Woodside to explore I've seen 2 mustangs (with no tags) roaming the hillside.

I agree with Scott, if there was a gas station there or small restaurant there, it would save a trip to Green; and be successful in my opinion.

Win
08-01-2012, 05:25 AM
We could all chip in and then change the name to Bogleyville!

StudChild
08-02-2012, 10:17 AM
We could all chip in and then change the name to Bogleyville!

:2thumbs:

Iceaxe
08-02-2012, 10:49 AM
Count me out, that place is a giant toilet.

Sent using Tapatalk

Kokopelli
08-02-2012, 11:49 AM
A few years back I did a canoeing trip from Wellington to Woodside with two other guys. 4 days and 3 nights of pure adventure, because we had no beta on the trip. The trip was a lot of fun but the gnats were horrible and two of the three canoes took a pretty good spill over some rapids (my canoe was the only one that stayed dry :haha:). So by the time we got to Woodside we were READY to get off the river. When we got there we tried to get off river near the store and we were met by some homeless looking drunk guy who told us that his dad was Mayor of the town and he owned the land we were on and there was no way he would let us onto his land. (waving a 1/2 empty beer bottle at us the whole time). Well, there were three of us and one of him and, like I said, we were ready to get off the river so I was all set to make a forced exit. However, the elder of the the three of us was more level headed and we put back on the river. We only had to go a few hundred yards before we reached the US-6 bridge and found a nicer take out point anyway. The point of this story being, that crazy drunk guy is about to become a millionare!!! :eek2: That is, if his town actually sells.

fourtycal
08-02-2012, 11:53 AM
I saw that geyser go off when I was a kid :cool2:.

I have always liked Woodside because it is exactly halfway between my home now and my hometown or when I was a kid we were halfway to the big city :haha:
Also some fantastic singletrack dirtbike trails in the hills just west of woodside :2thumbs:

Scott Card
08-02-2012, 01:48 PM
I'm tellin' ya. The thing has potential for all kinds of fun. That toilet just needs a good cleaning and another million in improvements. If I had it, I'd do it. What a fun project!

jman
08-02-2012, 02:22 PM
moab mark, could relocate his chevron down there. Hehe

Udink
08-02-2012, 03:47 PM
A few years back I did a canoeing trip from Wellington to Woodside with two other guys. 4 days and 3 nights of pure adventure, because we had no beta on the trip. The trip was a lot of fun but the gnats were horrible and two of the three canoes took a pretty good spill over some rapids (my canoe was the only one that stayed dry :haha:). So by the time we got to Woodside we were READY to get off the river. When we got there we tried to get off river near the store and we were met by some homeless looking drunk guy who told us that his dad was Mayor of the town and he owned the land we were on and there was no way he would let us onto his land. (waving a 1/2 empty beer bottle at us the whole time). Well, there were three of us and one of him and, like I said, we were ready to get off the river so I was all set to make a forced exit. However, the elder of the the three of us was more level headed and we put back on the river. We only had to go a few hundred yards before we reached the US-6 bridge and found a nicer take out point anyway. The point of this story being, that crazy drunk guy is about to become a millionare!!! :eek2: That is, if his town actually sells.
The crazy drunk guy is in jail. http://www.moabtimes.com/view/full_story/19662919/article-San-Juan-police-arrest-suspect-in-La-Sal-cabin-burglaries

I had a run-in with him several years ago, not nearly as pleasant as yours. :haha:

Kokopelli
08-03-2012, 01:59 PM
The crazy drunk guy is in jail. http://www.moabtimes.com/view/full_story/19662919/article-San-Juan-police-arrest-suspect-in-La-Sal-cabin-burglaries

I had a run-in with him several years ago, not nearly as pleasant as yours. :haha:

Good place for him! Can't say that I'm surprised.