PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Powell this year?

Sandstone Addiction
07-21-2012, 09:37 PM
Sure would like to see some TR's of some Powell adventures.

We sold our boat a few years ago :cry1: and have been in withdrawals ever since and could use a fix.

DesertDuke
07-21-2012, 10:55 PM
Search posts from Old No 7. He seems to go quite a bit and posts good pics too.

oldno7
07-22-2012, 06:31 AM
Dave

We try to go 2 times a month, this year--only 6 trips to date.

We're just learning how to catch fish there and have had a ball, between smallies and stripers, we usually bring home fish.

We launch out of Wahweap and camp on the lake.

Probably going down Friday.

Sandstone Addiction
07-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Thanks Kurt, that's just what I needed (although I'm a little homesick now...)! Love the sunset pics, LP has the most beautiful sunsets anywhere. Nothing more heavenly than cruising across Padre Bay at sunset with glassy smooth water and the evening sun on the entrada cliffs surrounding. Only thing better would be carving up the wake behind the boat in the same scene...:haha:

We fished Lake Powell a couple times a week as a little kid from the shoreline in Warm Creek, but later, when boating, we never seemed to. I guess we just spent too much time sight-seeing, exploring, skiing/wakeboarding, or relaxing. When we buy another boat, definitely plan on catching some of those stripers (nice fish, BTW).

Gonna search posts from the past, thanks DesertDuke.

BruteForce
07-22-2012, 02:16 PM
Damned fine photos!

I haven't been to Powell this year. I took the family last year, but we did extensive damage to the TH trying to stage out of the Bullfrog area. 43' TH = disaster on those trails getting to flooded beaches!

I probably should be at Powell more often, considering I a bro-in-law that owns a HUGE houseboat on Powell and friends that work there...

accadacca
07-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Sweet Stripers!!!

oldno7
07-22-2012, 02:49 PM
Did ya'll notice in the 3rd pic up from the bottom--Guy is doing a front flip, landed it fairly good.

accadacca
07-22-2012, 02:55 PM
Did ya'll notice in the 3rd pic up from the bottom--Guy is doing a front flip, landed it fairly good.

Ah sweet! Good times!

Sandstone Addiction
07-23-2012, 05:31 AM

I thought that was you! :haha:

I saw the pic, but I didn't realize he was doing a front flip! Crazy high!

How did he get up there? From the pic it looks pretty tough.

Sandstone Addiction
07-23-2012, 06:15 AM
Damned fine photos!
I took the family last year, but we did extensive damage to the TH trying to stage out of the Bullfrog area. 43' TH = disaster on those trails getting to flooded beaches!

Have you been to Lone Rock Beach? Unless they have changed the rules, they have an open OHV area that's a blast. The beach is toy hauler friendly too. People that go to Wahweap are a whole lot nicer, too. :nod:

oldno7
07-23-2012, 06:43 AM
I thought that was you! :haha:

I saw the pic, but I didn't realize he was doing a front flip! Crazy high!

How did he get up there? From the pic it looks pretty tough.

I'm too old to be cliff jumping:haha:

There is a fixed rope there with knots in it.

oldno7
07-23-2012, 06:47 AM
Lone Rock in the Summer can be and usually is a zoo.

Wall to wall camps for most the beech.

It is a large beech however and theres usually a spot, the sand is quite soft in most places and lots of folks get stuck.

zzyzx
07-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Lone Rock in the Summer can be and usually is a zoo.

Wall to wall camps for most the beech.

It is a large beech however and theres usually a spot, the sand is quite soft in most places and lots of folks get stuck.

... oh yes and on holidays too.
Btw, great catch Kurt. :)

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk 2