PDA

View Full Version : Pacific NorthWest Conditions

canyonbrewer
07-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Hello All -

How are the flows looking in the Seattle area? Heard it still may be too early? Was thinking of hitting Wallace River in the next week or so. Any info?

Thanks!

ratagonia
07-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Hi Canyon Brewer, and welcome to the Bogley.

Not many folks on here from the PNW. You might try the PNW Canyoneering Group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pnwcanyoning/

Tom :moses:

Slot Machine
07-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Hi Canyon Brewer, and welcome to the Bogley.

X2

Not many folks on here from the PNW. You might try the PNW Canyoneering Group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pnwcanyoning/

Tom :moses:

Canyon Brewer, I must warn you about Yahoo. :nono: The difference between their formatting and Bogley's is a little noticeable. Like a horse and buggy vs the automobile.

Your head might explode the first time you log in and try to decipher that mess.

The Yahoo groups have some great minds that post some great threads. It's a shame they don't migrate over here and get a heapin' helpin' of 21st century technology. My head hurts after stalking over there for 5 minutes. Really, I feel like I'm using a Commodore 64 when I'm on that site. :wallbash: :lol8:

So, come back and stay a while, and bring everyone else with you. :cool2:

:mrgreen:

Bob

ratagonia
07-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Canyon Brewer, I must warn you about Yahoo. :nono: The difference between their formatting and Bogley's is a little noticeable. Like a horse and buggy vs the automobile.

Your head might explode the first time you log in and try to decipher that mess.

The Yahoo groups have some great minds that post some great threads. It's a shame they don't migrate over here and get a heapin' helpin' of 21st century technology. My head hurts after stalking over there for 5 minutes. Really, I feel like I'm using a Commodore 64 when I'm on that site. :wallbash: :lol8:

So, come back and stay a while, and bring everyone else with you. :cool2:

:mrgreen:

Bob

Then again, if you want your question answered, you might have to visit Club Commodore.

Hope you have one of those AOL discs on hand - will help you log in.

T

northernoutpost
07-05-2012, 07:22 PM
PNW has had an exceptionally cool and wet spring and early summer this year, and Wallace is not a creek to do in anything less than ideal conditions. Add to that the fact that descents are discouraged as it is in a state park. I'm sure it has been done in the last few years, but I would go in prepared to replace bolted anchors anyway. Eagle Creek in the gorge would be a better choice, or maybe one of the Snoqualmies. YMMV.

Oh, and don't get your hopes up Slot Machine. Most of us PNW Yahoo group types are what is known in popular circles as "old". We just do canyons-usually with an assistant or two along. You know, for those on-the-fly hip replacements. Just bolt the sucker back in, cowboy up, and keep going in a canyon few will ever care about....

-(Not really)northernoutpost

Slot Machine
07-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Oh, and don't get your hopes up Slot Machine. Most of us PNW Yahoo group types are what is known in popular circles as "old". We just do canyons-usually with an assistant or two along. You know, for those on-the-fly hip replacements. Just bolt the sucker back in, cowboy up, and keep going in a canyon few will ever care about....

Hip replacements! Nice! :lol8:

You and Tom are both right. :nod: It's wishful thinking I suppose.

ratagonia
07-05-2012, 07:53 PM
My Commodore don't run that fancy stuff!

:moses: