PDA

View Full Version : Help Alpine Lake Kayaking Destinations

ahansen60
07-05-2012, 08:06 AM
I would like to kayak a lake somewhere in the cottonwood canyons areas. Does anyone know which lake would be good for that? I would already have a kayak rented and just need an easy access lake (and preferrably scenic and pretty) to go to in that area. I am from Ogden and am not too familiar with those areas. Just looking at the map I was thinking either Silver Lake near Solitude and Brighton, or Twin Lakes Reservoir. Any help would be appreciated. Also the rental shop rents both an inflatable 2 person and a solid sit on top 2 person. Which would be a better option? Or is it just a matter of preference?

Sombeech
07-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Did you ever find a good spot to go? I assume you'd like a lake you could drive the kayak right up to?

blueeyes
07-09-2012, 12:21 PM
If your in Ogden why not Causey Reservoir up HWY 39?

ahansen60
07-09-2012, 12:28 PM
We did end up deciding on Causey. We were originally hoping to go to one in the Salt Lake area though.

blueeyes
07-09-2012, 12:34 PM
How was it? I rented my first kayak a couple weeks back and took it out on Sand Hollow. I loved it. Just wish I had somewhere scenic to kayak too. Not much there to see but the pile of rocks in the middle that I have already swam at too a dozen times.

I remember doing a canoe/camping trip up at Causey many many moons ago when I was like 7 with my family. Such good memories.

Sombeech
07-09-2012, 01:24 PM
My boy hopped in the kayak by himself up in the Uintas a week ago and paddled all over the lake by himself. :mrgreen:

If you're up for an hour and a half drive, Uintas are beautiful to just pop the kayak out and take it for a spin, even on a crowded lake it's still beautiful.