PDA

View Full Version : Help me find fuel for my backpacking stove. Please!

Wasatch Rebel
07-02-2012, 05:39 AM
I have an old backpacking stove--maybe 20 years old. I'm not even sure what brand it is anymore, but it ran on Glowmaster fuel cannisters, which I can no longer find. The stove still was working great as of last year, and I tried using another brand of fuel--MSR--which seemed to work until the cannister got about half full, and then it ceased working. I've just been trying to find the original Glowmaster fuel and have been unable to locate a source. Any suggestions, other than getting a new stove?

denaliguide
07-02-2012, 06:13 AM
i googled glowmaster cartridges. amazon and ebay had a bunch of hits.

Wasatch Rebel
07-02-2012, 12:40 PM
i googled glowmaster cartridges. amazon and ebay had a bunch of hits.

I just checked at both Amazon and Ebay and they do not have it. The canisters are shaped like these MSR clone canisters and I just can't find them: http://www.amazon.com/Gasone-Premium-Butane-propane-Mix-Fuel/dp/B004SD0N1Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341258450&sr=8-1&keywords=msr+fuel+canister

denaliguide
07-02-2012, 01:04 PM
20 years is a good run for a stove. heck i just put a new generator into the old coleman stove my grandfather gave me 30 years ago. maybe it's time for both of us to upgrade instead of being cheap bastards. :roflol:

Byron
07-02-2012, 02:25 PM
Just go buy a new one, then pretend you took your wife/girlfriend out for a fancy dinner. In this case, you'll have something to show for it other than a toilet flush.

Sun Dance
07-02-2012, 10:42 PM
In this case, you'll have something to show for it other than a toilet flush.

Classy.

Wasatch Rebel
07-03-2012, 05:22 AM
20 years is a good run for a stove. heck i just put a new generator into the old coleman stove my grandfather gave me 30 years ago. maybe it's time for both of us to upgrade instead of being cheap bastards. :roflol:

I guess I'll end up doing that, but it seems kind of a waste to get rid of a stove that still works great and only lacks the proper fuel source. But you need to get rid of that old Coleman fuel stove...I can't believe you still want to deal with having to pump air into it, fill it with stuff that spills so easily, and all of that. You are cheap.:lol8:

Just go buy a new one, then pretend you took your wife/girlfriend out for a fancy dinner.

My wife worries about money so much that if I go and buy one, she'll say something like "well, I guess we can't go on vacation now."

denaliguide
07-03-2012, 10:55 AM
My wife worries about money so much that if I go and buy one, she'll say something like "well, I guess we can't go on vacation now."

buy the stove and give it to her as an anniversary gift.

Wasatch Rebel
07-03-2012, 12:35 PM
buy the stove and give it to her as an anniversary gift.

That'd be the first anniversary gift she ever got. :haha:

New Mexico
07-04-2012, 02:02 PM
And probably the last.:haha: