PDA

View Full Version : La Virkin single in the morn

Mtnseeker1
06-28-2012, 07:03 PM
Just in case anybody is in the area and wants to ride.7:30am behind the shooting range.

Mtnseeker1
06-29-2012, 02:28 PM

A very technical ride with some tricky portions that if you mess up you might die.
Took a few shots but nothing of the hard stuff.

Nice day but very warm.

Mtnseeker1
06-30-2012, 09:50 AM
This is not a ride for the faint of heart.
The first real heart stopper is a nasty left hand turn going up hill on a off camber angle and is right next to a 40 or 50 foot drop into a box canyon.
It is said that one rider fell off this and managed to grab hold of some desert bush to save his life and had to hire a helicopter to get his ride out.
What was left of it I'm sure.
Now I don't know if this is true or not but when you see this section it is very understandable.

The next is even worse and somebody dragged a metal grate in to fix this corner and it is just nerve wracking to say the least.
They did this because this corner on the edge keeps getting washed out.

The other hard sections are just plain nasty little hill climbs with boulders to get around in the process with turns mixed in.
Just plain nasty but doable.

Most of this ride tends to make you want to go fast with turns and whoops but beware it is no place to loose it and get off trail.

I'm not sure if I even want to try this one again or not.
I'd say 90% of this is fun and hard and 10% will try to kill you.:2thumbs:

I was so nervous I had cotton mouth the hole ride.

You best be very in tune with your ride for this one and do not barrow a bike and try it.

I'm sure there is harder rides out there but this one will make you wish you packed some ass wipe for sure.:stud:

accadacca
06-30-2012, 09:56 PM
I always carry TP. :lol8:

Mtnseeker1
06-30-2012, 10:11 PM
Cool I'll take you on it but bring your ropes as well.:lol8:

Mtnseeker1
06-30-2012, 10:16 PM
It's not that bad as long as you don't stall, loose your balance or spin your rear tire you'll be just fine just roll into it a safe pace and keep cool it is all good BUT?:lol8:

Mtnseeker1
06-30-2012, 10:50 PM
Oh and one other thing.
Make dam sure your rear breaks are up to snuff as we both boiled our rear break fluids and had to stop to cool them down several times.

You'll know when they fade out on you.

You will love this trail it is very fun with high risks for sure...........

Bring tons of water.
I myself get cotton mouth with the adrenalin rush.

nelsonccc
07-02-2012, 12:34 PM
Look slike you finally made your way out there. Good stuff right?

Mtnseeker1
07-02-2012, 02:19 PM
Yes very nice but very warm this time of year.