PDA

View Full Version : Fire does cleanse but we have suppressed it to long to understand it's benefits.

Mtnseeker1
06-28-2012, 02:12 AM
Sorry to sound like the grim reaper but in the old days fire was our friend and worked very well for our communities UNTIL we got stupid and said it was bad.

History will support this crazy idea but nobody understands mother earth anymore.

FIRE DOES CLEANSE.

But only when understood.

Way to late in the game to make it work again for the good.
History is cool and we can all learn from it if we pay attention to it before it is to late which I think it is.

Mtnseeker1
06-28-2012, 02:50 AM
Let me give you an example of falling nature, and the politics of now days.

Anyone remmember the floods of 83?
The poor GOV.Bangiter at the time fought the pumps tooth and nail and was pushed into it in the long run. By politcal preasure of the people.
Where are these pumps now after millions of doallars to no avail.?
They are still there so rusted out with no way since then to retrieve them.
This is what happened by the people that pressured him into doing something he knew was a waste of time and money.
(Dam if you Do and Dam if you don't)
People are politics and they do what you want them to do and it is mostly wrong because well people are idiots.

Hey just saying everyone has an idea I suppose but nobody knows......

We have no right building in areas that are high risk without proper control which we can not and will not ever come together on. (politics at it's best)

These fires are really no different but people will loose lives and why?
Because we a long time ago decided that fire is bad so lets fight it and were has it taken us?

Mtnseeker1
06-28-2012, 03:01 AM
I see this shit all the time were people die on rivers, skiing the back country,SWIMMING at lakes ect.
The thing is we are all out of tune with nature because of the ole mighty dollar and have forgotton our ways with nature.

And trust me I have my share of close calls when I thought I was in tune with nature, It happens.

You see this all the time with new construction when they place big rocks at the edge and roll over it with heavy machines and call it good to go but the first time we get a soaker for a week or so and then an earth shake all these homes built on this shit will come down because of the almighty dollar. POLITICS AT THEIR BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need to get real and back to nature if we are to stand any chance in hell...................... Fires,, Pllllllllease ...................

THey can be our friends again if only we can get past the politics of stupidity. But mostly the almighty dollar.

BruteForce
06-28-2012, 06:16 AM
How's your conversation with yourself going? :lol8:

DiscGo
06-28-2012, 09:47 AM
How's your conversation with yourself going? :lol8:

:lol8:

double moo
06-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Pumps aren't rusted out... They are made of nickel brass. I worked on the project. There is a bunk house for the service technicians to stay in as they do there regular maintenance, have to keep them operable at all times. The biggest problem is that the intake canal to feed the pumps is high and dry as the lake has receded far away from th slump station.

Also they were initiated during Scott Matheson's term... But finalized and signed by Bangerter - so he gets the blame! Of the options at the time it was the only one that was not a one time proposition, I.e. more dams which fill up, etc...

His plan to put giant fans midway up Parley's to exhaust out the winter inversions was even less popular!

Iceaxe
06-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Pumps aren't rusted out...

We also did design work on the pump structure. We pay over a million dollars a year to maintain those dumbass pumps. They are good to go if the lake ever comes back up.