PDA

View Full Version : New Go Pro Hero 2 showed up today

Mtnseeker1
06-27-2012, 03:06 PM
Oh lord what have I got myself into now? :lol8:

First thing I noticed is the battery seems to only be charged by a USB cord? No other charging devise like with digital cameras, WTF
Second thing I noticed is this crappy little 4gb sandisk SDHC card. Does not seem right at all. But hay they threw it in for free LOL.

What they should have thrown in for free is a 2 foot magnifying glass to read the instructions SONS a Bs.

I still need to read the instructions, But.
If anyone has one of these and uses a mac?
Please give any and all advise as to the editing area.
I do have i-movie but it is the 2010 edition but it is only like 15 bucks to upgrade to last years edition. :lol8: Who knows when this years edition comes out?
And surely it will be the one I need and another $200 plus.

Mtnseeker1
06-27-2012, 03:29 PM
I can't wait to ride with it however.

Should look great for all that ride with me as I'm always in the rear.:lol8:

Deathcricket
06-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Sorry bro, woudln't touch a Mac with a 10 foot pole. But I can help you with the instructions. If you google "GoPro Settings" and choose the first link, there is a pdf you can zoom up to a decent size and read easier. And also I know you can get usb to cigarette lighter conversions to power it up on the go. Not sure what you wanted besides USB, but the stinking battery is in there watertight and really a pain to get out, so I am personally glad to plug it into my machine and charge it up.

Looking forward to your vids, woohoo! :2thumbs:

Mtnseeker1
06-27-2012, 04:19 PM
Cool I found the pdf and I'm going through it now.

Nice to know about the 12v adapter thing. Thank you very much.

It may be a bit of a pain but I can see having two batteries charged and at the ready for those multi day trips and all.

And for the mac? I feel the same way now about micro sh** LOL

From what I hear and I do not know any better macs are for artists and microsoft is for web design. But then again I hear things that are not really there often.

Mtnseeker1
06-27-2012, 04:38 PM
So any input on the sound card Deathcricket ?

Mtnseeker1
06-27-2012, 04:56 PM

But truly this is why I love my mac.

Easy peezy well you get the rest.

Some of us need it just plain simple brother.
HMM 8 steps or 2?

Mtnseeker1
06-27-2012, 06:22 PM
Ok so I'm as sharp as a marble but there is a usb power supply thing that can be charged for long trips to recharge by way of the usb so the battery can stay in and the clock will stay well a clock I guess.

Mtnseeker1
06-27-2012, 10:53 PM
k Now that I figured out how to get it out of the box:cool2:
I'm sure I'll get it all fauled up but wish me luck. :lol8:

Nice thing about digital is I get lots of tries before I have to commit to all the silly stuff to come.:crazycobasa:

Bluff-Canyoneer
06-28-2012, 05:51 AM
I bought this (actually two sets) and have had good success with them. It does require removing the battery to charge, but comes with both a wall plug (house current) and a car cigarette lighter plug so you can charge on the road.

http://www.amazon.com/Wasabi-Power-Battery-Charger-AHDBT-001/dp/B005NC8BF6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340887491&sr=8-1&keywords=Gopro+battery

You can also pick up a nice waterproof box in the camping section of Wally World for about $10 to keep the camera and stuff dry and safe.

Finally, be sure to put on the waterproof back if going near water. The vented back allows sound to reach the microphone better, but is obviously not waterproof.

I use this memory card, fast and inexpensive.
http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Class-Flash-Memory-TS32GSDHC10E/dp/B003VNKNF0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1340888165&sr=8-2&keywords=32gb+sd+class+10

Have fun with your new toy!

Deathcricket
06-28-2012, 07:22 AM
So any input on the sound card Deathcricket ?

Sound card? Ask again I missed the question, sorry.

And yeah your directions are kinda accurate on differences between a Mac and PC. I have a couple different steps. I:

1. Turn on the camera.
2. Plug it in to USB
3. Get some notice on my machine that says "You plugged this in, what do you want to do?" I choose the "view files on this drive". There is an option also to "do this automatically from now on" but I'm too lazy to click it. What if I change my mind? :)
4-5. Click the DCIM folder and then the 100GoPro
6-10. Move files from GoPro to another folder. I usually make a separate folder for each trip and name it with a date. Like "Englestead 6-24-2012" or something to keep track. After the last trip I have given myself a mental note to move them right away. Last time I just viewed them on the card and left them there and the card filled up right away on my next trip. :(

So with a Mac

You don't have to click the drive to open it? The Mac just assumes it knows what you want to do?
You can't see the default folder directories on a Mac? The Mac wont let you view them? You don't have to click through 2 folders on your virtual drive?
You just leave all videos on your card? You don't have to transfer them to another folder of your choosing? The Mac chooses for you? Doesn't let you? What? There are no steps involved? When you delete them they aren't really deleted? You guys just buy a new camera for each trip? My guess is this is just huge lack of proper documentation. Which is typical of Mac products... :lol8:

P.S. Just busting your balls :lol8:

Mtnseeker1
06-28-2012, 08:32 AM
Ya hell if I know?:lol8:
But I'm sure I'll get some education along the way:lol8:

I know this. With my camera it just logs it if I'm to lazy to take the time to do it myself but can do it later.
And because I don't know what the heck I'm doing it goes auto to Picassa, my picts, and some other dam place?:lol8: and by date entered as well.

Kinda of works as a tripple back up for us dumb asses.

I can't tell you how many times I thought I lost picts only to find some other back up I did not know I had.

This I do know, It is 10x faster than anything I had before but that does not mean much trust me.

Mtnseeker1
06-28-2012, 08:41 AM
Hey thanks bluff-anyoneer for the heads up on the 32mb card nice price and the charge system info thank you very much.