PDA

View Full Version : Lost and Found

hank moon
06-26-2012, 06:29 PM
1 - hey, what do you think about adding a Lost and Found sticky to the canyoneering section?

2 - I found some gear in Echo Canyon (Zions) today. It is marked. Identify the gear and its marking and it is yours (again).

ocanler
06-26-2012, 08:36 PM
Good idea Hank.

I went through Echo last Thursday but I seem to have all my gear accounted for, so I can't claim the prize:cry1:.

deagol
06-26-2012, 08:49 PM
Great idea, I just lost my Gopro camera (with all my pics & vids) in Zion Narrows June 12th and have been checking back here daily

Deathcricket
06-27-2012, 11:10 AM
Great idea, I just lost my Gopro camera (with all my pics & vids) in Zion Narrows June 12th and have been checking back here daily

Hey just FYI, I did try to dive to the bottom of that hole just after Mystery on my trip last Sun. That thing is friggin deep! I would guess 10 feet in that pocket. The tourists really looked at me funny, haha. I did find a well used Pirana but no camera. :cry1:

deagol
06-28-2012, 10:19 AM
Hey just FYI, I did try to dive to the bottom of that hole just after Mystery on my trip last Sun. That thing is friggin deep! I would guess 10 feet in that pocket. The tourists really looked at me funny, haha. I did find a well used Pirana but no camera. :cry1:

Hey Deathcricket,

Thanks for trying, that's really cool that you remembered!! Were you able to see underwater at all (was it murky, clear, or somewhere in between) ???

I had this crazy idea of taking snorkeling gear back to Zion (if I had the time) and looking for it. I still might if I get the inspiration. The hard part is Zion is a 2-day drive for me.

But, again, thanks soo much for trying. That camera was a birthday & Christmas present from my wife, so all the more reason it is important (she is a bit mad at me for losing it, can't say I blame her, but I am also mad at myself).

You would have made my summer if you found that. !!!:hail2thechief: :2thumbs:

Deathcricket
06-28-2012, 10:28 AM
Naw there was so much debris down there and it was 5ish, so no direct sun getting in there. Noonish though may have made a difference but I doubt it. It was a "feel around as you go" operation.

deagol
06-28-2012, 11:10 AM
Hmmm, I wonder if it would clear up later in the summer...
Any idea when water levels there are at their lowest?
I'm guessing before monsoon season, but ???

ratagonia
06-28-2012, 11:23 AM
Hmmm, I wonder if it would clear up later in the summer...
Any idea when water levels there are at their lowest?
I'm guessing before monsoon season, but ???

Water levels are very low right now, and water clarity is unusually high.

No better time.

Tom

deagol
06-28-2012, 12:27 PM
Water levels are very low right now, and water clarity is unusually high.

No better time.

Tom

Uggg, I need to get back to Zion, but have no time !!!
:cry1: