PDA

View Full Version : Beta Capitol Reef?

Lonnie Utah
06-26-2012, 08:11 AM
So everyone knows about the main panels off Hwy 24. Anybody know of any others that are in the area and less well know? I have a photo project that I'm working on. I searched and didn't find anything.

Pm or E-mail.

Thx in advance.

L

wnorton
07-15-2012, 01:49 PM
So everyone knows about the main panels off Hwy 24. Anybody know of any others that are in the area and less well know? I have a photo project that I'm working on. I searched and didn't find anything.

Pm or E-mail.

Thx in advance.

L

If you go to the southern end of the park the road T's. If you hike east through the gorge you will find petroglyphs, pictographs (hand prints) and historic pioneer graffiti

Wade

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
wnorton @ Southern, UT

DOSS
08-16-2012, 05:32 AM
If you go to the southern end of the park the road T's. If you hike east through the gorge you will find petroglyphs, pictographs (hand prints) and historic pioneer graffiti

Wade

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
wnorton @ Southern, UT

And some of the pictographs / petroglyphs that are in that spot are "replicas" put there by Cass and Denny Mulford (some of the original settlers in the area).

regehr
10-03-2012, 08:37 AM
There's a really long panel in Pleasant Creek canyon. Basically you drive to the end of the paved scenic drive, turn right on a 2wd dirt road, then park at a pit toilet just before the Pleasant Creek crossing where the road turns to 4wd. The panel is on the north wall of this drainage not far east of the parking area. They may be trying to discourage people from visiting this area, the person at the CR visitors center totally clammed up when I mentioned Pleasant Creek.

http://blog.regehr.org/archives/809

regehr
10-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Speaking of rock art around Capitol Reef, does anyone have specific directions to the panels in Fish Creek Cove? It looks like a great area to poke around but also (based on Google Earth imagery) an easy place to annoy property owners. Thanks.