PDA

View Full Version : Beta Kolob Creek Conditions ?

remoteman45
06-24-2012, 09:19 PM
Anybody been down recently that could comment on conditions? Contemplating a trip this week.

MSchasch
06-24-2012, 09:27 PM
Was in there today, anchors were in pretty good shape webbing wise (lots of bolts seem like they could use replacing). It was flowing just enough to make it real fun. Not sure what the CFS was. Bo had a group in there today as well. Maybe he could give you a more detailed CFS report. Great place! Can't believe I've put it off for so long.

Bo_Beck
06-25-2012, 05:52 AM
Was in there today, anchors were in pretty good shape webbing wise (lots of bolts seem like they could use replacing). It was flowing just enough to make it real fun. Not sure what the CFS was. Bo had a group in there today as well. Maybe he could give you a more detailed CFS report. Great place! Can't believe I've put it off for so long.

Hi Mike! It sure was great to have some cloud-cover for the hike out! Yeah! Kolob has always been one of my favorite Zion Canyons. Love that flowing water! Anyway....I'd say it might have had 1-2 cfs flow. Just enough to keep it fresh in there and to keep the trout happy (alive)!