PDA

View Full Version : Teton canyoneerin pack

canyonguru
06-24-2012, 09:13 PM
Probably old news but i was just looking around the net and found this pack. Anyone hear anything about it. For the price you cant beat it. I don't think the one drain hole will work all that well but its cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/Sports-Canyon-Canyoneering-Internal-Backpack/dp/B006JYHJ9G

TommyBoy
06-24-2012, 09:36 PM
I haven't used one, but I looked at one in a local climbing store and was able to handle it. The material was a lot lighter weight than the stuff used in I.C.G. packs. It would probably work ok as long as you weren't in really tight slots, but you'd want to be careful of rubbing it on canyon walls or any sharp edges. I'd say for the price it looks like a pretty decent pack.

MSchasch
06-24-2012, 09:37 PM
Looks perfectly suited for canyoneering in the Tetons!

Cr8on
06-24-2012, 09:59 PM
I got one a little over a month ago and I've taken it through granary, medieval chamber and the black hole twice. The pack adjusts really well and is quite comfortable.The material has held up better than I expected, and the only real wear is on the zipper on the bottom that holds a rain fly :crazycobasa:. A few comments on Amazon say there's room for overnight gear, but I feel like it's a little small for that. There are just two little grommets in the bottom for drainage, which seems to work fine, but I just put in another 12 1/2 inchers for fun. I like the pack over all, but it's apparent that they're used to making camping packs...

Sandstone Addiction
06-25-2012, 08:14 AM
I looked at one in a local climbing store and was able to handle it.

What store did you see one at? I'd really like to check it out.

Iceaxe
06-25-2012, 11:42 AM
Gotta admire the fine rope management.... :lol8:

That is going to be one tangled mess when they reach the first rappel.

Noobs :facepalm1:

Deathcricket
06-25-2012, 01:50 PM

What are you saying? Me in Englestead yesterday...... :lol8:

ratagonia
06-25-2012, 02:28 PM

Nice of them to use one of my ropes, though?

Tom :moses:

ratagonia
06-25-2012, 02:29 PM
What are you saying? Me in Englestead yesterday...... :lol8:

You can't be the guy in the back with a helmet on, can you? :roflol:

Brian in SLC
06-25-2012, 02:47 PM

Hey, that's one of them cotton soft helmets...

ratagonia
06-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Hey, that's one of them cotton soft helmets...

TWO of dem soft cotton-type helmets. Good to go! :stud:

T

canyonguru
06-25-2012, 03:40 PM
if that is really one of your ropes tom that is awesome. I had no idea if the pack was worth a crap or not. I will idealy get a ICG pack but just wanted to see what you all thought. i will probably never do any skinny stuff. i just don't have the time to venture much more east than zion, so i figure if i get an ICG pack it will probably last me forever.

Deathcricket
06-25-2012, 03:57 PM

Honestly, I do think about that. "Maybe I shouldn't wear a helmet just out of spite?" :haha:

I think it's your backpack as well, the Heaps or Imlay I forget which one I grabbed that day. Thank god I bought all my gear when we were still friends! Plus I love love love Bo and if he get's a small "cut" of the action I'm happy. And it's great equipment despite the fact it's all made by you.

ratagonia
06-25-2012, 05:53 PM
Honestly, I do think about that. "Maybe I shouldn't wear a helmet just out of spite?" :haha:

I think it's your backpack as well, the Heaps or Imlay I forget which one I grabbed that day. Thank god I bought all my gear when we were still friends! Plus I love love love Bo and if he get's a small "cut" of the action I'm happy. And it's great equipment despite the fact it's all made by you.

As fine a compliment as could possibly come from your fingers. Thank you.

Tom

TommyBoy
07-02-2012, 06:45 AM
What store did you see one at? I'd really like to check it out.

Sorry for not responding sooner, but I've been out of the "office" for several days if ya know what I mean. :wink: Any way the store I saw it at was out n back in orem, they only had one in stock and that was several weeks ago so I don't know if they still have it or not.