PDA

View Full Version : Barefoot running! my journey from shoes to naked feet!

tysongoesbarefoot
06-13-2012, 07:38 AM
Hey guys, so I started a blog a while back about my journey as I begun to run barefoot. I would love it if you would check it out and give me some feedback! If you want to learn to run barefoot, there are a lot of tips and videos I have gathered and written that will help! Check it out!

http://tysongoesbarefoot.blogspot.com/

tysongoesbarefoot
06-15-2012, 08:59 AM
http://tysongoesbarefoot.blogspot.com/2012/06/i-like-to-be-myself.html

Rain
06-25-2012, 04:43 PM
Good read.

I already run with a forefoot strike, and walk around the house/yard barefoot. Just never thought to run barefoot.

It does seem that more and more runners are trying this 'new' wave of running; fivefingers.

tysongoesbarefoot
06-26-2012, 05:04 AM
Yeah it really is an enjoyable hobby, it has brought a new thrill to running for me. I do it completely barefoot rather than with the fivefingers, i find that the shoes just aren't the same feeling. They are nice for when the roads are gravelly or hot, or when you run long distances so your feet aren't as raw, but there is nothing quite like running barefoot.

bluepeach03
07-13-2012, 11:07 AM
I'm really curious...what do you like about it so much? My feet are relatively tough from being barefoot around the house/yard barefoot, but I'd be worried about stepping on something and cutting or puncturing my foot. Just wondering what the big thrill is?

jhooley
07-18-2012, 01:22 PM
I'll get there someday. For now I'm sticking to my Vibram Treksports

tysongoesbarefoot
10-30-2012, 08:20 PM
I'm really curious...what do you like about it so much? My feet are relatively tough from being barefoot around the house/yard barefoot, but I'd be worried about stepping on something and cutting or puncturing my foot. Just wondering what the big thrill is?

I think what I love about it most is the natural feeling that being barefoot brings to running. I think a lot of what made it exciting for me was that it solved all of my injury issues I had previously experienced from running. I no longer get shin splints/have knee issues after long runs and my feet don't hurt in my shoes anymore.

If you think about it, you are being very careful when running barefoot to not step on sharp rocks or glass or anything because it hurts, so you shouldn't have to worry too much about hurting yourself. Although, it obviously happens every once in a while. In my time barefoot running I have only actually punctured my foot once, it was a piece of glass (I was running barefoot where I shouldn't have been). But as long as you are careful, you should have no issues.

tysongoesbarefoot
10-30-2012, 08:21 PM
Nothing wrong with that! As long as they aren't $300 orthotics with custom inserts that don't allow your feet to move at all right? ;)

goindeep
12-19-2012, 07:22 PM
Big supporter of the barefoot movement. I wear vibrams most of the time, but occasionally go "naked" (just my feet ;) and I love it.