PDA

View Full Version : Sierra Canyons

mewdvm
06-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Looking for other canyoneers into doing some canyons in the Sierras this summer and fall. Any other Northern California canyoneers out there?

frank'n'beans
06-13-2012, 11:08 AM
I'm out here in Reno and would like to get out in the near future when my ribs heal up! Drop me a line sometime~

mewdvm
06-14-2012, 09:13 PM
Hey Frank'n'beans, thanks for the reply. Sorry to hear your ribs need a time out. Hope you heal up fast. Would love to plan a canyon sometime. I'll hit you up if I start making any plans.
Mark

jeremy1701
06-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Hey mewdvm,
I'll be with a group of four hiking the JMT between Devil's Postpile and Bishop Pass this August. Are there any cool canyons in that region that you're interested in? We could take a couple side trips for exploration! 1/4 of us has a lot of canyoneering experience, 2 of us have at least a little. One has none (but is very athletic and a quick learner).

mewdvm
06-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Hey Jeremy, sounds like a great hike. A trip the first week of August is in the works right now. Looks like Kings River Jump Trip. When do you plan on finishing your backpacking trip? Maybe I could manage to break away later in the month with you. There are canyons up and down the Sierras I'd love to try. I have a decent amount of experience canyoneering in B canyons in the Southwest, but not so much in the Sierras. It's a new playground for me.
Mark