PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report 23 May 2012 - Run to the Altar

Sun Dance
06-05-2012, 07:32 PM
On this Wednesday I decided to indulge in a little bit longer run than usual. I wanted to explore a trail I had only partially explored last time I was in the area. Starting out at my usual spot at Timpanogos Park, I ascended through Race Course (which I must try on a mountain bike!), across the BST or Water Tank Road, and on up a mountain bike trail called Betty. That trail climbed 600' in 1.1 miles, but it didn't seem too tough.

The view up Betty toward the Altar. Little Baldy left, Timpanogos main face, right.

My little contribution.

Looking back down the trail with Utah Lake and West Mountain in the background. Betty straight down, GWT left and back up toward Little Baldy (both ways), and Area 51 to Dry Canyon on the right fork.

5.1 miles, 63 min 21 sec, 1677 vertical feet gained. Vibram FiveFingers. Will definitely go back to loop around into Dry Canyon.

accadacca
06-07-2012, 10:03 AM
Nice run and thanks for the contribution! :haha:

Caddis
06-07-2012, 11:21 AM
I just started running again the first of the year, and just ran my first 5K in Springville. I can see that i need to get out running some trails around here as well. Looks like a good time, and has to be better than churning up the pavement. 8)
Great trail report!!