PDA

View Full Version : Invite October/November Bogleyfest?

Rob L
05-28-2012, 01:02 PM
June is almost here and although I will be flying transatlantic to Wisconsin in July for aviation stuff, there is not much canyoneering going on there (too many cows and too much cheese).

So my mind starts thinking about southern Utah in October and November, when the tourists (Ahem! me included!) have gone home and the bugs are on the slow-boat to eternity.

I would love to nip over and spend a few weeks in Utah again (I have withdrawal symptoms, even though it was only late November last year that I was there).

I'm open to suggestions on location and/or dates, but I do need quite a time to book the cheaper of the transatlantic fares that rather dictate my budget.

I've been able to enjoy the benefit of the great patience and hospitality of Bogleyites at Bogleyfests in Moab and North Wash (both tremendous fun, and I'd be happy to do them again), but my wish list now leans towards Escalante or the Roost.

I would welcome folks' opinions.

As background to those who I've not met, I'm a very inexperienced (and reasonably unfit) canyoneer, but enjoy the camarderie and the open spaces (if that's not an oxymoron for canyons) of southern Utah.

Rob