PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Moab - Midieval Chamber, Rock of Ages, Dragonfly, Corona Arch

Chili
05-28-2012, 12:05 AM
Some fellow canyoneering coworkers and I were finally able to make it down to Moab last weekend. We have been working on construction projects in Moab and Blanding and have been chomping at the bit to get out. Pleiades was still frozen over so we hit Corona Arch, Rock of Ages/ Pool Arch, Midieval Chamber/ Morning Glory Arch and Dragonfly all in about 36 hours.

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edit?ns=1&video_id=zxPJGCwUgtQ

chabidiah
05-28-2012, 07:51 AM
We hit Pleiades despite the ice and it was a blast. We did Big Horn with Dragonfly but dragonfly was by far more exciting. We also hit Camletoe, Granery and Entrajo. The Moab canyons are short and require a little bit of hiking but we didnt run into any other groups which is a nice change.

Brian in SLC
05-28-2012, 10:08 AM
Pleiades...how was the flow? Musta been managable? Brrr cold or not too bad? Wetsuits or dry?

Ice still? Heard it was in good nick as an ice climb this year...(probably every year).

chabidiah
05-29-2012, 06:23 AM
The water was cold, really cold. But we kept our bodies out of the water for the most part. We were in wet suits and neos. I think one of our group was in wool socks and his toes went numb after a bit. The flow seemed relatively low but it was our first trip down so I have nothing to compare it to. 54540 This was the base of the first rap..