PDA

View Full Version : Bogley Software Update

accadacca
05-21-2012, 04:12 AM
Bogley Peeps,

You may have noticed that the site was down for maintenance last night. @Sombeech (http://www.bogley.com/forum/member.php?u=6) and I were working on a big update that we just finished. We started at 9 pm last night and its now just past 5 am! :crazycobasa: It didn't go exactly as planned (hence the all nighter), but hell we made it. This is an update that we have been working on for months and months. It will give us added security and a long list of other new functionality/features that I am too tired to list right now.

You might see a few styling or layout issues in places that we will fix in the coming days. It should all be useable at this point, but there are some tweaks that we need to make. A few areas might be slightly different too, but not hard to figure out. It all comes with the territory when you are doing software updates. I wanna also give a shout out to my buddy @jowchie (http://www.bogley.com/forum/member.php?u=714) for helping us with some styling items, etc and he will help us fix some things tomorrow too. :2thumbs:

Now I'm going to crash and get a couple hours sleep before I have to get up for my real job. :facepalm1:

Cheers,

-acca

Sombeech
05-21-2012, 05:36 AM
Some of the new features from the update include:

Youtu.be links are embeddable now along with youtube.com
Chrome users can upload photos from their computer now :mrgreen:
Through the "Insert Image" button, your photos will upload in order (finally!)
Quoting a post with an image in it, the image appears in the quoted post
Autosaving your draft as you write every 30 seconds
Drag the bottom right corner of the reply box for easy resizing
Dynamic response width on photos uploaded in post, the width will adjust to your monitor resolution
And various other security patches, bug fixes, and database repairs.

As @accadacca (http://www.bogley.com/forum/member.php?u=3) says, there were a couple of things that took much longer than expected last night so we finally got it up and running to a "tolerable" state. We have a small To Do list which includes a couple other visual alignments here and there.

We've been testing this upgrade for a few months but with just the couple of us, so sometimes we don't notice issues that happen with the masses. So if you notice any features that don't work that did before, please let us know by replying here. As we fix a couple of items throughout the day, we'll try to make the switch as quickly as possible to avoid confusion.

Thanks for your patience.

oldno7
05-21-2012, 07:19 AM
Great job you 2!!:2thumbs:

I did have photo's load in reverse order on my "I fell into" thread.

Sombeech
05-21-2012, 07:28 AM

Hmmm, ok I'll take a look at that. Prior to this were they uploading in a random order?

oldno7
05-21-2012, 07:51 AM
No--they always loaded in the same order that I uploaded them.

oldno7
05-21-2012, 08:05 AM
Also--right now, I can't "mark all forums read"

not bitchin' at all, just pointing out:nod:

jman
05-21-2012, 08:42 AM
Great! Thanks for the hard work!

Btw - any new skins/themes?

blueeyes
05-21-2012, 09:14 AM
Took a screen shot and attached. With this new update I can only see half a picture on my work computer. You can scroll but still only get to see a portion of the photo. Do I need to change settings on computer?

Sombeech
05-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Took a screen shot and attached. With this new update I can only see half a picture on my work computer. You can scroll but still only get to see a portion of the photo. Do I need to change settings on computer?
Sorry 'bout that, this is one of the top priorities this morning. You'll currently see a scroll bar at the bottom to scroll back and forth but the goal is to have the image dynamically adjust to your monitor size. Hopefully within an hour this will be fixed.

Sombeech
05-21-2012, 11:02 AM
Tapatalk had some issues viewing images, but according to our testing it has been resolved now. Please let us know :mrgreen:

Luce
05-21-2012, 12:02 PM
I'm no longer able to log in with Tapatalk.

stefan
05-21-2012, 01:58 PM
thanks, guys! you rock :2thumbs:

Mtnseeker1
05-21-2012, 02:11 PM
My hats off to you boys.
I am not a techy type but have a few friends that are and I do understand the amount of personal time and hard work it takes just by watching my friends that can do this sort of thing.
So if nothing else I kinda of understand the amount of work involved and all I can say is thank you.
You guys friggin ROCK

Sombeech
05-21-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm no longer able to log in with Tapatalk.

Hey Matt did it log you out, or had it been a while since you logged in?

Can you view the forum in tapatalk as a guest? What phone OS are you on?

Mtnseeker1
05-21-2012, 02:28 PM
I do hate my back button now.

It's like every dam step of the way instead of quick and painless.
Just saying but you guys rock and it's a field of undo respect but very much appreciated from this here lowly member.
Great job and keep up the great work that you do please.

Luce
05-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Hey Matt did it log you out, or had it been a while since you logged in?

Can you view the forum in tapatalk as a guest? What phone OS are you on?

I logged me out and will not allow me to log back in. I can view as a guest. I was on it over the weekend. iOS 5.1.1

blueeyes
05-21-2012, 03:39 PM
Sorry 'bout that, this is one of the top priorities this morning. You'll currently see a scroll bar at the bottom to scroll back and forth but the goal is to have the image dynamically adjust to your monitor size. Hopefully within an hour this will be fixed.

Looks like it is mostly fixed, still a bit of a scroll bar but not nearly as bad as earlier this morning. Thx, you guys do rock!

Sombeech
05-21-2012, 04:50 PM
I logged me out and will not allow me to log back in. I can view as a guest. I was on it over the weekend. iOS 5.1.1

Hmm, one of my phones had me logged in, the other logged me out! I see your problem, I'll get on it. :cool2:

Sombeech
05-21-2012, 04:58 PM
Tell ya what... Another benefit to the upgrade I forgot to mention was the mobile style. It's not all styled yet but it works. If you just navigate to www.bogley.com/forum on your phone, you should automatically pick up the mobile style now. So if we can't get this Tapatalk working tonight go ahead and give that a try. Maybe it'll even be a better, FREE option? :cool2:

BruteForce
05-21-2012, 05:21 PM

not bitchin' at all, just pointing out:nod:

Same here. I get:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator (http://www.bogley.com/forum/sendmessage.php) and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Sombeech
05-21-2012, 06:10 PM

OK try that

Felicia
05-21-2012, 06:19 PM
OK try that

I've been locked out of TapATalk all day.

I'll try to get back in shortly.

Felicia

Sombeech
05-21-2012, 08:02 PM

Same here. I get:

Thanks for the feedback, halfway there. Right now you can mark individual forums read from here:

Sometime tonight we'll regain the ability to mark the entire forum read from the top navbar.

Felicia
05-21-2012, 08:07 PM
I've been locked out of TapATalk all day.

I'll try to get back in shortly.

Felicia

Back in - Sweet! :2thumbs:

double moo
05-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Tapatalk working for me!

Sombeech
05-22-2012, 01:01 PM

Hey Chere, the "attached" images should be auto adjusting now to the width of your browser, Kurt's thread is a good example of that. Go ahead and adjust the width of your browser and watch his images shrink with the borders. http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?63304-I-fell-into

We've still got to fix the "inline" attachments today so they adjust the same way, it's getting close. Example of that: http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?63320-Bluejohn-Canyon_East-to-Main-loop_May-19-2012

Thanks for the continued feedback, I think this is the main issue I'm working on besides marking all forums read from the top navigation bar.

Tapatalk is fixed but let me know if it breaks again.

A FREE option for mobile browsing is by navigating in your mobile browser to bogley.com/forum and it should load in the mobile template. If you'd like to see the full site / desktop site, scroll to the bottom and select Full Site. If you're in the full site and wish to get back to the Mobile template, scroll down to the red bar in the footer and from the dropdown select Bogley Mobile Theme. Go ahead and test it out, let us know how it works for you.

oldno7
05-22-2012, 01:08 PM
Hey Chere, the "attached" images should be auto adjusting now to the width of your browser, Kurt's thread is a good example of that. Go ahead and adjust the width of your browser and watch his images shrink with the borders. http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?63304-I-fell-into

We've still got to fix the "inline" attachments today so they adjust the same way, it's getting close. Example of that: http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?63320-Bluejohn-Canyon_East-to-Main-loop_May-19-2012

Thanks for the continued feedback, I think this is the main issue I'm working on besides marking all forums read from the top navigation bar.

Tapatalk is fixed but let me know if it breaks again.

A FREE option for mobile browsing is by navigating in your mobile browser to bogley.com/forum and it should load in the mobile template. If you'd like to see the full site / desktop site, scroll to the bottom and select Full Site. If you're in the full site and wish to get back to the Mobile template, scroll down to the red bar in the footer and from the dropdown select Bogley Mobile Theme. Go ahead and test it out, let us know how it works for you.

HOLY BIG DANG FOTO'S
Im going to have to do further processing at that size:haha:

Sombeech
05-22-2012, 01:42 PM
HOLY BIG DANG FOTO'S
Im going to have to do further processing at that size:haha:

Yeah... depending on your monitor resolution and browser width. It's taken your previously resized photos and stretched them 100% of the available width, which is why we're looking at raising the auto resizer from 800px to maybe even 1200px, but it just depends what everything looks like after this. I may even drop it down to closer to what it was before, I just want it to be able to shrink on the smaller monitors. Hang tight :mrgreen:

Deathcricket
05-22-2012, 01:43 PM
So how do you upload multiple files? So like if you want to do like 10 photos at a time? I used to just hit control and select them all, then click upload. Yeah it wouldn't do them in order, but that is much preferred to having to upload each one separately.

Iceaxe
05-22-2012, 01:58 PM
My spell check doesn't work... at least not by clicking the check button... if does work if I right click and select check.

Sombeech
05-22-2012, 02:19 PM
My spell check doesn't work... at least not by clicking the check button... if does work if I right click and select check.

I think it's just for Internet Explorer 32 bit. I might just remove that button.

Scott Card
05-22-2012, 02:22 PM
I think it's just for Internet Explorer 32 bit. I might just remove that button. Ummm. Ice needs the spell check. :haha:

Sombeech
05-22-2012, 02:23 PM
So how do you upload multiple files? So like if you want to do like 10 photos at a time? I used to just hit control and select them all, then click upload. Yeah it wouldn't do them in order, but that is much preferred to having to upload each one separately.

Yeah we'll get that back too, this image width thing is my main holdup. Once that's back, the images will then upload in order too via the "Insert Image" button.

Scott Card
05-22-2012, 02:23 PM
BTW, thanks guys. Great site. Even this old canyoneer can work through it and post stuff other than words occasionally. :haha:

Iceaxe
05-22-2012, 02:31 PM
I think it's just for Internet Explorer 32 bit. I might just remove that button.

I was in 32 bit. I haven't tried 64 bit. A spell check is a forum must have in my humble opinion.

accadacca
05-22-2012, 03:02 PM
HOLY BIG DANG FOTO'S
IMO, they need to be smaller. I have a large monitor, but it looks funky to have them that big...disproportionate.

Maybe back to 800 or a tad wider. :ne_nau:

oldno7
05-22-2012, 04:18 PM
IMO, they need to be smaller. I have a large monitor, but it looks funky to have them that big...disproportionate.

Maybe back to 800 or a tad wider. :ne_nau:

Agree--way too big. 800-1000 widest.

Iceaxe
05-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Agree--way too big. 800-1000 widest.

x2

Sombeech
05-22-2012, 09:49 PM
How's that? Note, I'm on a smaller monitor right now but I'll check this out tomorrow on a 24". It's still set to adjust to each monitor size but I can shrink it down even more if you like. The current MAX width is at 800 and it will resize smaller per browser width. Here's our current standard testing thread :cool2:
http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?63304-I-fell-into

And... the "inline images" are now adjusting per browser width too. The thread I'm using to check this:
http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?63320-Bluejohn-Canyon_East-to-Main-loop_May-19-2012

So the responsive width adjustment on the images was a big item checked off the list. Next it's onto making the "insert image" uploader work a little better, including uploading the images in order.

You know, it's funny, these items are working 100% on our test site and then they're not when we go live.... :facepalm:

oldno7
05-23-2012, 05:35 AM
looks much better beech:2thumbs:

Thanks again for working through this.

blueeyes
05-23-2012, 10:03 AM
Mark Forums read is working again!! :2thumbs: Awesome job guys.

DiscGo
05-23-2012, 10:16 AM
All nighters suck. Thank you for sacrificing so much of your time and efforts to keep this site up. We really appreciate it.

burley
05-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Tell ya what... Another benefit to the upgrade I forgot to mention was the mobile style. It's not all styled yet but it works. If you just navigate to www.bogley.com/forum on your phone, you should automatically pick up the mobile style now. So if we can't get this Tapatalk working tonight go ahead and give that a try. Maybe it'll even be a better, FREE option? :cool2:

It's great on mobile! Especially for those of us too cheap for tapatalk. Thanks for all the effort towards improving things around here!!

Sombeech
05-23-2012, 10:48 AM
It's great on mobile! Especially for those of us too cheap for tapatalk. Thanks for all the effort towards improving things around here!!

Thanks for the feedback. I honestly haven't had time to test out the mobile template much. Did you happen to post this comment from the mobile style? Any issues?

Udink
05-23-2012, 10:57 AM
Mark Forums read is working again!!
I'm still getting this error: Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

Everything else is looking good, though. :2thumbs:

double moo
05-23-2012, 11:16 AM
Some of the newly posted photos don't work on my IPad. If I scroll down through the length of the photo it takes several hundred swipes! Beech's ride report on Ben Lomand is maybe 100,000 swipe long... Sorry I didn't read the whole thing to count them. There photos work on my phone via tapatalk.

double moo
05-23-2012, 11:22 AM
My bad ... I meant Garbonz's ride report. Beech wasn't there!

Sombeech
05-23-2012, 11:48 AM
I'm still getting this error: Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

Everything else is looking good, though. :2thumbs:

Chere and Dennis, which methods were you using? I assume the one that is working is inside the individual forum, and I haven't had the chance to fix the main one below the red navigation bar.

Sombeech
05-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Some of the newly posted photos don't work on my IPad. If I scroll down through the length of the photo it takes several hundred swipes! Beech's ride report on Ben Lomand is maybe 100,000 swipe long... Sorry I didn't read the whole thing to count them. There photos work on my phone via tapatalk.

Is this through Tapatalk, the mobile suite, or the full desktop site?

oldno7
05-23-2012, 11:57 AM
Chere and Dennis, which methods were you using? I assume the one that is working is inside the individual forum, and I haven't had the chance to fix the main one below the red navigation bar.
Beech--not working here, yet, on chrome....

at the very bottom of all the forums.

same results as Dennis

blueeyes
05-23-2012, 11:58 AM

Not working now. I know it did once this morning. Yesterday I did by individual forum and right before I posted that it was working I tried the main one and IT did work.

double moo
05-23-2012, 12:57 PM
Full version through Safari.

Sombeech
05-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Full version through Safari.

Ah, ok. I'll try that out on my iPad tonight. Thanks.

accadacca
05-23-2012, 01:58 PM
You are supposed to READ all the posts... :lol8:

Sombeech
05-24-2012, 06:55 AM

I saw this yesterday and couldn't figure out what was happening, then I came back to the thread and the all loaded fine. Maybe Safari just displays it weird until they all load? :ne_nau:

Sombeech
05-24-2012, 06:58 AM

And hey Jake, I didn't want to leave you hanging on this. There is a way to upload a ton of photos at a time, but for some reason it messes up the "attachment manager". I actually prefer the "Insert Image" method because it does let you upload batches at a time so I think I'll change to that and just offer support on the Attachment Manager (paper clip) until we can get this solved. Thanks for the feedback.

Deathcricket
05-24-2012, 08:45 AM
Ahhh it's hidden in advanced mode now, thanks bro.

Sombeech
05-24-2012, 09:34 AM
And hey Jake, I didn't want to leave you hanging on this. There is a way to upload a ton of photos at a time, but for some reason it messes up the "attachment manager". I actually prefer the "Insert Image" method because it does let you upload batches at a time so I think I'll change to that and just offer support on the Attachment Manager (paper clip) until we can get this solved. Thanks for the feedback.

One more improvement.... quoting a post with an image in it - copies the image and not just the "attachment" link anymore. :cool2:

stefan
05-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Yeah... depending on your monitor resolution and browser width. It's taken your previously resized photos and stretched them 100% of the available width, which is why we're looking at raising the auto resizer from 800px to maybe even 1200px, but it just depends what everything looks like after this. I may even drop it down to closer to what it was before, I just want it to be able to shrink on the smaller monitors. Hang tight :mrgreen:

i got a question for you, 'beech. i think it relates to this. i just posted a tiny .png image (POST (http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?62880-Book-Signing-Bo-Beck-and-Tanya-Milligan-June-23rd-2012&p=498517&viewfull=1#post498517)) and it massively expanded the photo. is this the correct behavior or am i doing something wrong? i didn't expect a small low-resolution image to be resized.

again, thanks for all your and acca's work on the site! it's greatly appreciated

accadacca
05-24-2012, 10:37 AM
i got a question for you, 'beech. i think it relates to this. i just posted a tiny .png image (POST (http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?62880-Book-Signing-Bo-Beck-and-Tanya-Milligan-June-23rd-2012&p=498517&viewfull=1#post498517)) and it massively expanded the photo. is this the correct behavior or am i doing something wrong? i didn't expect a small low-resolution image to be resized.

again, thanks for all your and acca's work on the site! it's greatly appreciated
Interesting. I posted this image (http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?63235-Memorial-Day-Weekend-Plans&p=498507#post498507) earlier and it is okay. I used the "insert image" icon in the quick reply box and it looks like you used the "attachment" icon from advanced.

That attachment box styling used to be fixed? Man is that fubared now!? :ne_nau:

Sombeech
05-24-2012, 10:47 AM

hmmm... It must be stretching everything UP to 800 wide, everything uploaded through the "attachment" method anyways rather than "insert image", let me fix that.

By the way, still working on that window for attachments, it's butt ugly.

stefan
05-24-2012, 10:54 AM
hmmm... It must be stretching everything UP to 800 wide, everything uploaded through the "attachment" method anyways rather than "insert image", let me fix that.

thanks!

Sombeech
05-24-2012, 08:23 PM

OK check it out... Using the Insert Image method, all of your photos will upload and display on bogley in the order that they appear in the "browse" window. So if your photos are sorted by name, date modified, type, or whatever.... that's the order they'll upload and appear on bogley now. Here's a demonstration with 10 simple photos, each one named with the number it displays...

I'll insert and upload first while they're sorted in descending order by name, as seen by this screenshot of my browse window:

And since I selected all 10, here's the order in which they uploaded:

Now I'll sort within my browse window by name, descending.

And now they'll be in descending order:

So this will be relevant if you've touched up certain photos out of chronological order, and within your browse window they're sorted by date modified. Just quickly sort by name and they'll upload in the order you probably meant :cool2:

So after this, I'm seeing no real reason to use the "Attachment / Asset Manager" method (the paperclip) because the Insert Image is so much easier with batch uploading. We may even consider ditching that paperclip icon because it's being problematic right now anyways. Objections? :ne_nau:

accadacca
05-24-2012, 09:03 PM
Works for me. Nice work! :2thumbs:

oldno7
05-25-2012, 06:14 AM
amazing work guys, thx

stefan
05-30-2012, 11:13 AM
i just thought i'd ask about this because it's a new behavior (forgive me if someone has already posted about this).

when an ad is placed in a post, it shrinks the horizontal space that the post can take up since the ad is placed to the side. if the browser window is not stretched wide, it can cause massive narrowing of the post. i'm including an example below which has the browser window extended fairly wide. if the browser is narrowed to how i like it, the post is about 1 inch wide making it very difficult to read.

stefan
05-30-2012, 11:39 AM
also, not sure if this is a problem on my end or not, but on tapatalk, the basement shows no topics when viewing it through the Forum tab.

Sombeech
05-30-2012, 11:40 AM
i just thought i'd ask about this because it's a new behavior (forgive me if someone has already posted about this).

when an ad is placed in a post, it shrinks the horizontal space that the post can take up since the ad is placed to the side. if the browser window is not stretched wide, it can cause massive narrowing of the post. i'm including an example below which has the browser window extended fairly wide. if the browser is narrowed to how i like it, the post is about 1 inch wide making it very difficult to read.

oops, those ads in the first post are only available to guests / users not logged in. We'll whack that ad I'm assuming you took that screenshot as a guest because I don't see the "Edit Post" button next to "Reply with Quote"?

We'll get rid of that ad though, not a pretty site.

stefan
05-30-2012, 11:46 AM
oops, those ads in the first post are only available to guests / users not logged in. We'll whack that ad I'm assuming you took that screenshot as a guest because I don't see the "Edit Post" button next to "Reply with Quote"?

We'll get rid of that ad though, not a pretty site.

ahh i see. yeah sometimes i'm logged in sometimes out (don't always pay attention to it).

if the ads are necessary/helpful to the site, they could go above or below the post if they avoid constraining it.

thanks for the quick reply!

Scott P
05-30-2012, 07:45 PM
Not a complaint, but are we not allowed to cut and paste photos anymore? I used to be able to cross post trip reports quicky, but it seems like it doesn't work anymore. It takes much longer to cut and past a trip report now.

keithd
05-30-2012, 08:43 PM
I got a little confused in the posts about Marking Forums Read about whether it was fixed or not...am I doing something wrong, because it's not working for me?

neilether
05-31-2012, 02:01 PM
I got a little confused in the posts about Marking Forums Read about whether it was fixed or not...am I doing something wrong, because it's not working for me?

Same here.

Sombeech
05-31-2012, 08:47 PM
Not a complaint, but are we not allowed to cut and paste photos anymore? I used to be able to cross post trip reports quicky, but it seems like it doesn't work anymore. It takes much longer to cut and past a trip report now.

Just a quick test from utahmountainbiking... looks like it's working on my end, are you still having this problem? What browser are you using? Can you give me an example link that won't work to copy and paste from?

Here are two that I took from corner canyon!

Attachments:

File comment: Clark's in the fall
http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/UMBphpBB2/download/file.php?id=4046
Clark's in the fall.jpg [ 167.14 KiB | Viewed 381 times ]

File comment: Ghost Falls in the fall
http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/UMBphpBB2/download/file.php?id=4047
Ghost Falls in the Fall.jpg [ 167.65 KiB | Viewed 381 times ]

Top (http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/UMBphpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10391&start=25#wrapheader)
http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/UMBphpBB2/styles/subsilver2/imageset/en/icon_user_profile.gif (http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/UMBphpBB2/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4034)

http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/UMBphpBB2/images/spacer.gif

Gage

Post subject: Re: Photo Contest ($200 map set as prize) for Trail Map Cove
http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/UMBphpBB2/styles/subsilver2/imageset/icon_post_target.gif (http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/UMBphpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=70990#p70990)Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:47 pm

AF Canyon...Love those trails.

Attachments:

File comment: Only Because it was today 5.19.12
http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/UMBphpBB2/download/file.php?id=4049&t=1 (http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/UMBphpBB2/download/file.php?id=4049&mode=view)
Various Rides 012 2.jpg [ 164.92 KiB | Viewed 356 times ]

File comment: Ants knoll
http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/UMBphpBB2/download/file.php?id=4050&t=1 (http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/UMBphpBB2/download/file.php?id=4050&mode=view)
ants knoll.jpg [ 514.56 KiB | Viewed 356 times ]

Sombeech
05-31-2012, 08:50 PM
Mark Forums Read is finally fixed, sorry it took so long. (from the top navigation bar)

Another little issue I'm working on is when there are multiple pages to a thread, your current page isn't highlighted....

keithd
06-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Thanks!

reverse_dyno
06-04-2012, 08:56 AM
The Quick Reply box where you type in text doesn

Scott P
06-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Just a quick test from utahmountainbiking... looks like it's working on my end, are you still having this problem? What browser are you using? Can you give me an example link that won't work to copy and paste from?

Still no luck. I'm using Internet Explorer.

Example link:

http://www.summitpost.org/a-return-to-buckwater-photo-trip-report/792541

Here's what I get from cut and paste:

May 12 2012

Kimberly, Shaylee, Kessler and I decided to make a quick canyoneering trip to South Fork Buckwater Draw. We chose this canyon because it can be done on a day trip from our house.

We made our way to the canyon before dropping down the steep slope and into the canyon. The action started immediately and we had a lot of fun with all the down climbs and the two rappels. The kids did great on the downclimbs and their skills have increased much in the last year. After enjoying the canyon it was time to pay the piper and we had to climb out of the canyon. We were tired by the time we reached the vehicle again.

The photos will tell the story.

http://www.bogley.com/images/medium/792542.JPG (http://www.bogley.com/downclimb/792542)
http://www.bogley.com/images/layout/abby/magnify.gif (http://www.bogley.com/downclimb/792542)
Downclimbing on of the minor obstacles.

http://www.bogley.com/images/medium/792543.JPG (http://www.bogley.com/first-rap/792543)
http://www.bogley.com/images/layout/abby/magnify.gif (http://www.bogley.com/first-rap/792543)
Shaylee on the first rap in South Fork Buckwater.

http://www.bogley.com/images/medium/792544.JPG (http://www.bogley.com/downclimb/792544)
http://www.bogley.com/images/layout/abby/magnify.gif (http://www.bogley.com/downclimb/792544)
One of the challenging downclimbs along the route.

http://www.bogley.com/images/medium/792545.JPG (http://www.bogley.com/boulders/792545)
http://www.bogley.com/images/layout/abby/magnify.gif (http://www.bogley.com/boulders/792545)
One of the many boulders in the canyon.

http://www.bogley.com/images/medium/792546.JPG (http://www.bogley.com/slot/792546)
http://www.bogley.com/images/layout/abby/magnify.gif (http://www.bogley.com/slot/792546)
Shaylee having fun in South Fork Buckwater Draw.

http://www.bogley.com/images/medium/792547.JPG (http://www.bogley.com/downclimb/792547)
http://www.bogley.com/images/layout/abby/magnify.gif (http://www.bogley.com/downclimb/792547)
Kimberly downclimbing an obstacle in South Fork Buckwater Draw.

http://www.bogley.com/images/medium/792548.JPG (http://www.bogley.com/slot/792548)
http://www.bogley.com/images/layout/abby/magnify.gif (http://www.bogley.com/slot/792548)
Shaylee and Kessler in the slot.

http://www.bogley.com/images/medium/792549.JPG (http://www.bogley.com/having-fun/792549)
http://www.bogley.com/images/layout/abby/magnify.gif (http://www.bogley.com/having-fun/792549)
Having fun in the South Fork Buckwater Draw.

http://www.bogley.com/images/medium/792550.JPG (http://www.bogley.com/downclimb/792550)
http://www.bogley.com/images/layout/abby/magnify.gif (http://www.bogley.com/downclimb/792550)
One of the tricky downclimbs.

http://www.bogley.com/images/medium/792551.JPG (http://www.bogley.com/downclimb/792551)
http://www.bogley.com/images/layout/abby/magnify.gif (http://www.bogley.com/downclimb/792551)
Kimberly on a downclimb.

http://www.bogley.com/images/medium/792552.JPG (http://www.bogley.com/dryfall/792552)
http://www.bogley.com/images/layout/abby/magnify.gif (http://www.bogley.com/dryfall/792552)
Shaylee on the last dryfall.

http://www.bogley.com/images/medium/792553.JPG (http://www.bogley.com/buckwater-draw/792553)
http://www.bogley.com/images/layout/abby/magnify.gif (http://www.bogley.com/buckwater-draw/792553)
This is the lower end of Buckwater Draw.

http://www.bogley.com/images/medium/792554.JPG (http://www.bogley.com/giant-moth/792554)
http://www.bogley.com/images/layout/abby/magnify.gif (http://www.bogley.com/giant-moth/792554)
Shaylee holding a giant moth in Buckwater Draw.

http://www.bogley.com/images/medium/792556.JPG (http://www.bogley.com/buckwater-draw/792556)
http://www.bogley.com/images/layout/abby/magnify.gif (http://www.bogley.com/buckwater-draw/792556)
The lower and very deep end of Buckwater Draw.

http://www.bogley.com/images/medium/792557.JPG (http://www.bogley.com/buckwater-draw/792557)
http://www.bogley.com/images/layout/abby/magnify.gif (http://www.bogley.com/buckwater-draw/792557)
This is the lower end of Buckwater Draw.

http://www.bogley.com/images/medium/792558.JPG (http://www.bogley.com/bluffs/792558)
http://www.bogley.com/images/layout/abby/magnify.gif (http://www.bogley.com/bluffs/792558)
Some of the pretty sandstone bluffs as seen from the exit of Buckwater Draw.

http://www.bogley.com/images/medium/792559.JPG (http://www.bogley.com/climbing-out/792559)
http://www.bogley.com/images/layout/abby/magnify.gif (http://www.bogley.com/climbing-out/792559)
Climbing out part of the steep exit in Buckwater Draw.

Sombeech
06-04-2012, 09:07 PM
Dang, sorry Scott, it's working fine for me:ne_nau: I'm using Firefox though, let me try IE

May 12 2012

Kimberly, Shaylee, Kessler and I decided to make a quick canyoneering trip to South Fork Buckwater Draw. We chose this canyon because it can be done on a day trip from our house.

We made our way to the canyon before dropping down the steep slope and into the canyon. The action started immediately and we had a lot of fun with all the down climbs and the two rappels. The kids did great on the downclimbs and their skills have increased much in the last year. After enjoying the canyon it was time to pay the piper and we had to climb out of the canyon. We were tired by the time we reached the vehicle again.

http://www.summitpost.org/images/medium/792542.JPG (http://www.summitpost.org/downclimb/792542)
http://www.summitpost.org/images/layout/abby/magnify.gif (http://www.summitpost.org/downclimb/792542)
Downclimbing on of the minor obstacles.

http://www.summitpost.org/images/medium/792543.JPG (http://www.summitpost.org/first-rap/792543)
http://www.summitpost.org/images/layout/abby/magnify.gif (http://www.summitpost.org/first-rap/792543)
Shaylee on the first rap in South Fork Buckwater.

http://www.summitpost.org/images/medium/792544.JPG (http://www.summitpost.org/downclimb/792544)
http://www.summitpost.org/images/layout/abby/magnify.gif (http://www.summitpost.org/downclimb/792544)
One of the challenging downclimbs along the route.

Sombeech
06-04-2012, 09:12 PM
OK here I'm trying both copying and pasting in Internet Explorer from your link.

EDIT, OK I see the symptoms in IE9.... strange. OK, let me look into this.

May 12 2012

Kimberly, Shaylee, Kessler and I decided to make a quick
canyoneering trip to South Fork Buckwater Draw. We chose this canyon because it
can be done on a day trip from our house.

We made our way to the canyon
before dropping down the steep slope and into the canyon. The action started
immediately and we had a lot of fun with all the down climbs and the two
rappels. The kids did great on the downclimbs and their skills have increased
much in the last year. After enjoying the canyon it was time to pay the piper
and we had to climb out of the canyon. We were tired by the time we reached the
vehicle again.

http://www.bogley.com/images/medium/792542.JPG (http://www.bogley.com/downclimb/792542)

http://www.bogley.com/images/layout/abby/magnify.gif (http://www.bogley.com/downclimb/792542)
Downclimbing on of the
minor obstacles.

http://www.bogley.com/images/medium/792543.JPG (http://www.bogley.com/first-rap/792543)

http://www.bogley.com/images/layout/abby/magnify.gif (http://www.bogley.com/first-rap/792543)
Shaylee on the first rap
in South Fork Buckwater.

http://www.bogley.com/images/medium/792544.JPG (http://www.bogley.com/downclimb/792544)

http://www.bogley.com/images/layout/abby/magnify.gif (http://www.bogley.com/downclimb/792544)
One of the challenging
downclimbs along the route.

Sombeech
06-04-2012, 09:18 PM
OK, for some reason when copying from Internet Explorer, when the tables are pasted it removes the summitpost.org url and replaces it with bogley.com, but it doesn't do that with Firefox. Strange because I've got no modification to do that, it must be the way it tries to store the images locally. Let me continue to look into this, but just to confirm that the problem does not exist in Firefox.

hank moon
06-07-2012, 11:41 PM
thanks, guys! you rock :2thumbs:

X lots :)

Sombeech
06-13-2012, 10:39 PM
Hey Mac users, I'm still getting some feedback that the photos aren't displaying right (stretching). Can you confirm this? Is this only a Safari issue?

Thx

JONBOYLEMON
06-13-2012, 10:44 PM
I didnt look through all the post, but is there a way to get an email if you get a PM on Bogley?

Sombeech
06-13-2012, 10:54 PM
Yes, right here: http://www.bogley.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions

Scott Card
06-14-2012, 07:08 AM
Hey Mac users, I'm still getting some feedback that the photos aren't displaying right (stretching). Can you confirm this? Is this only a Safari issue?

Thx I can confirm this although if you ask any techie computer questions I warn you I don't know squat. :haha:

Edit: I tried to enlarge the viewing and shrinking it but it didn't change the stretching issue.

accadacca
06-14-2012, 08:47 AM
I tried on Safari and it stretches vertically and doesn't keep its aspect ratio. It seems to be on the attached stuff with the black border around it. The other attachments on bogley are fine.

Safari

Firefox

Just for giggles here are the top 5 browsers as used by Bogley members.

https://www.google.com/analytics/web/s/cleardot.gif Internet Explorer
27.62%

https://www.google.com/analytics/web/s/cleardot.gif Chrome
24.70%

https://www.google.com/analytics/web/s/cleardot.gif Firefox
22.60%

https://www.google.com/analytics/web/s/cleardot.gif Safari
20.65%

https://www.google.com/analytics/web/s/cleardot.gif Android Browser
1.63%

Sombeech
06-14-2012, 05:23 PM
OK I'll check out what's causing that vertical stretch in Safari

Kent K25
06-18-2012, 09:49 AM
Not sure if it's been mentioned...and too lazy to go through 5 pages of posts.

I'm using firefox and the image uploading is terrible!

I can't even upload a picture of it to show you...so I had to upload it to photobucket

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/QuenteK25/thissucks.jpg

I can click that upload button all day...it's never gonna happen. Plus I had to open that window up huge so that all the buttons wouldn't overlap and they still look terrible.

double moo
06-18-2012, 10:00 AM

Thx

On Safari this morning...

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?64023-Happy-Fathers-Day!-What-did-you-get

Post #6 by Stephan is stretched about 30 swipes of the page... All others are fine. Maybe it's the format.

Sombeech
06-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Not sure if it's been mentioned...and too lazy to go through 5 pages of posts.

I'm using firefox and the image uploading is terrible!

I can't even upload a picture of it to show you...so I had to upload it to photobucket

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/QuenteK25/thissucks.jpg

I can click that upload button all day...it's never gonna happen. Plus I had to open that window up huge so that all the buttons wouldn't overlap and they still look terrible.

Yeah, the "Attachment Manager" really sucks. Just use the "Insert Image" method, it's much better. I've been trying to get rid of that Attachments thing altogether.

DeanS
07-10-2012, 06:22 PM
On a Mac using Safari, inline images display correctly while attached images are stretched vertically. If I want to see the images unstretched I end up opening them in a new window.

The natural image size was by Safari to be 800 pixels wide by 754 pixels high. If I start out with a very narrow window, the image is displayed as 53 wide by 778 high. As I widen the window the image is displayed as 80 by 797, then 157 by 797, then 329 by 797, then 520 by 797, and then maxing out at 800 by 797. The image width always appears correct for the window size.

Both types of images work correctly on a Mac running Firefox or Chrome.

accadacca
07-10-2012, 08:54 PM
On a Mac using Safari, inline images display correctly while attached images are stretched vertically. If I want to see the images unstretched I end up opening them in a new window.

The natural image size was by Safari to be 800 pixels wide by 754 pixels high. If I start out with a very narrow window, the image is displayed as 53 wide by 778 high. As I widen the window the image is displayed as 80 by 797, then 157 by 797, then 329 by 797, then 520 by 797, and then maxing out at 800 by 797. The image width always appears correct for the window size.

Both types of images work correctly on a Mac running Firefox or Chrome.

Yeah...I'm not sure what's up with Safari. I just switched to Chrome myself from Firefox. Chrome is a dream and I never should have waited this long. Firefox has become a bloated mess.

Sombeech
07-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Yeah, Safari is jacked up for some reason, and only on the "attached" images that show below the post in the little box there, the inline images are fine. Sorry, I don't have any solution for that right now except use a different browser. :ne_nau:

accadacca
07-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Chrome is available on iPhone and iPad too now. Get it in the app store... :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs: