PDA

View Full Version : Burro-Cottonwood-road&canyon conditions

Scott P
05-20-2012, 11:34 AM
I see some recent reports on Burro. How about Cottonwood (water wise) or Fivemile?

Also, how's the road to the upper Trailheads for Burro-Cottonwood-Fivemile. Subaru-able?

Win
05-20-2012, 01:58 PM
I can't comment on those canyons but Notom-Bullfrog Rd was in excellent condition last weekend. They are doing road work at the North end and on weekdays it could be an issue. They're paving another 6 miles!

Slot Machine
05-20-2012, 02:59 PM
I see some recent reports on Burro. How about Cottonwood (water wise) or Fivemile?

Also, how's the road to the upper Trailheads for Burro-Cottonwood-Fivemile. Subaru-able?

Scott,

Burro was very, very dry last Wednesday. I bet the water is pretty low in Cottonwood and Fivemile.

The road to the top trailheads was dry and passable (a truck passed us when we were hiking). If you can get your Subaru through Pleasant Creek, I bet you can go the rest of the way down. I am not 100% certain that the creek it is Subaru-able. :ne_nau:

Hope this helps.

Bob

ilipichicuma
05-21-2012, 05:59 AM
We've driven a Subaru through that creek before, but I don't know what kind of condition it's in this year.