PDA

View Full Version : News New Canyon Pack on the market

Spider676
05-20-2012, 10:44 AM
The CUSA store was running low on mid-sized packs this season, so I did a little looking around and found this number. Its new on the market this spring and I didn't see any posts for it, so here it is:

Amazon is currently carrying it at half price for $73. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006JYHJ9G/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=ucanyon-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B006JYHJ9G

I can't vouch for the construction as it in transit, and a field test with it has to wait until September. It appears to have all the requirements of a canyon pack. Comes with its own drybag. Will let you know when it arrives if it doesn't meet minimum expectations.

Cheers,

Spider676

Felicia
05-20-2012, 11:56 AM
The CUSA store was running low on mid-sized packs this season, ...

Although Tom may be low on packs, you may find Imlay Canyon Gear packs at some of these dealers:

http://imlaycanyongear.com/buyit.php

I know that The Desert Rat (http://thedesertrat.net/store.html) had some last week.

Felicia

Russted
05-20-2012, 06:11 PM
Newbie first post, but I'm sharing the love...

For those in N. Utah, Recreation Outlet in Ogden had 3 or 4 Imlay Spry packs (one was last years,) and a few Kolob packs (this years model.) This was on Thursday of last week, so not sure what they still have on hand. I picked up a Spry pack, and they took 10% off the price, so it can't hurt to ask for that deal. The SLC store didn't have any of those packs on hand.

ewestesen
05-20-2012, 06:26 PM
I think Out 'n back in Orem still has a few. Give them a call before you drive across the country to buy one though!

pup
05-21-2012, 07:41 AM
I took this pack through Egypt III on our annual Mancation three weeks ago. I was impressed with the durability of the material and the fit. I know that Scott and the Team at Teton Sports (based in SLC) are very open to taking feedback and making improvements to their gear so be sure to let them know what you think. If I ever find the time - I'll post a trip report with some pics of the pack in action.

oldno7
05-21-2012, 07:58 AM
Looks like it has potential, nice to have competition.

For me right now, it's all about support and comfort in a pack.

Thanks for posting this.

Redpb
05-22-2012, 08:33 AM
Newbie first post, but I'm sharing the love...

For those in N. Utah, Recreation Outlet in Ogden had 3 or 4 Imlay Spry packs (one was last years,) and a few Kolob packs (this years model.) This was on Thursday of last week, so not sure what they still have on hand. I picked up a Spry pack, and they took 10% off the price, so it can't hurt to ask for that deal. The SLC store didn't have any of those packs on hand.

The Rec Outlet in American Fork had a couple of Spry (I'm pretty sure, may have been Kolob), about a week ago.

msmnificent
05-23-2012, 04:49 PM
The specs for this pack say its shipping weight is 22 pounds! Does anyone know how this compares with the ICG or other canyoneering specific packs? Sounds kinda heavy...

tcott
05-24-2012, 09:28 AM
The Rec Outlet in American Fork had a couple of Spry (I'm pretty sure, may have been Kolob), about a week ago.

I have 2 Orange Spry's left at Adventure Plus in St. George.

ratagonia
05-24-2012, 10:32 AM
I have 2 Orange Spry's left at Adventure Plus in St. George.

Shipping weight?

:moses:

Strieby
05-24-2012, 10:46 AM
Outnback has two Mystery packs left and that's about it. We do have the above mentioned Teton pack in stock. We brought it in for a budget pack or something to sell to scouts, but if your looking for something inexpensive to thrash in canyons I don't see why this wouldn't work, but I wouldn't expect the same kind of durability as you would get from one of Tom's packs.