PDA

View Full Version : Canadian caver seeks canyoneer partner(s) end of May

aherne
05-17-2012, 08:29 AM
Hello all,

I will be driving down to Utah the end of the month for some mt. biking and hiking and hopefully some canyoneering. I was planning on rolling into the Moab area late on the 25th (May) and being around until the 2nd of June. My plans flexible, so although I have been looking at the Robbers Roost and San Rafael Swell areas, I can easily drive a little further south if need be.

My experince is mainly in rock/alpine climbing and caving and I really only have some limited experience in non-technical slot canyons, but I will have a selection of static ropes and all of my own equipment and know how to use it, so I am not a newbie in that regard. I will also have my Pathfinder and mountain bike with me (which may open up options for potential trips...)

Anyway, I am up for anything from a non-technical morning stroll to a multi-day epic adventure, so if you have any interest in doing something please drop me a line in the next week and we can start making plans.

jeremiahaherne at hotmail dot com

Thanks everyone and have fun out there.

peakbaggers
05-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Have you been to Moab & surrounding Utah areas before & if so, what have you done?

aherne
05-17-2012, 11:29 AM
I've been down to Moab a couple of times. Last time we hiked down into The Maze and did some non-technical canyonerring in Goblin, but like I say, I've never done any real technical canyons. Most of my time in the area has been mt. biking and hiking. My technical experience has come from caves and rock/ice/alpine climbing.

Scott P
05-17-2012, 11:34 AM
We are doing some canyoneering in Capitol Reef or Escalante areas May 26-28. You are welcome to join us. Pretty straight foreward canyons. It's probably either going to be Burro, Cottonwood and Fivemile or a Davis Gulch/Fiftymile Combo (overnighter). We may do an exploratory of a slot near Boulder Mountain as well.

The Roost gets pretty hot this time of year, at least for me.