PDA

View Full Version : Conditions Baptist Draw/ Upper Chute Canyon

Bclark29
05-16-2012, 05:23 AM
I've done Baptist and Upper Chute 3 times now. One year I took a bunch of newbies down/ up it because it's so damn easy. BUT, Upper Chute was freaking full of water one year and I didn't have beta on how to exit out of Chute canyon. Luckily a few years of topo reading and having my gps made for an easier route escape out of the canyon.

Has anyone done this canyon recently? I'm doing it for Memorial weekend and I'm sure I'll have a few newbies with me again. Is there water in Upper Chute?

Slot Machine
05-18-2012, 06:18 PM
I've done Baptist and Upper Chute 3 times now. One year I took a bunch of newbies down/ up it because it's so damn easy. BUT, Upper Chute was freaking full of water one year and I didn't have beta on how to exit out of Chute canyon. Luckily a few years of topo reading and having my gps made for an easier route escape out of the canyon.

Has anyone done this canyon recently? I'm doing it for Memorial weekend and I'm sure I'll have a few newbies with me again. Is there water in Upper Chute?

Sounds like a bad adventure. We were down there 2 weeks ago and it was bone dry. It probably still is... keep an eye on www.candition.com (http://www.candition.com) & post what you find when you return. :cool2:

:mrgreen:

Bob

USofCS
05-20-2012, 08:41 PM
Was down it yesterday and it was bone dry.