PDA

View Full Version : Heaps and/or Imlay partners?

Branin
05-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Hey guys,

Well, last week I was offered a job in New Hampshire for the summer (at least). I'll be running a ropes course there for a while. Unfortunately this puts me away from the canyons for a few months. I really really really want to do Heaps and/or Imlay before I leave (first week of June) but would feel way more comfortable about going with someone who has been before (reputation for knowing your stuff a SERIOUS bonus). I can make almost any day work. Any volunteers?

aherne
05-16-2012, 10:09 PM
I am probably not the guy you were hoping to reply to your post, but I will be driving down to Utah at the end of of this month; I'll be down there from late on the 25th to the 2nd of June. I was hoping to do some canyoneering while there. I had originally had my sights set on the Robber's Roost or San Rafeal Swell area, but I'm flexible.

The bad news is I don't have the canyoneering experience you're looking for. I'm a climber and caver, but we don't have a lot of canyons in Alberta so my experience in canyons is limited to a few I poked around in last spring when I was down in Goblin State park.

I'd be happy to try to put something together if you are interested. Reply to this thread and I'll look for it. Apparently I can't give my email address yet.

Good luck.

ratagonia
05-17-2012, 06:59 AM
I am probably not the guy you were hoping to reply to your post, but I will be driving down to Utah at the end of of this month; I'll be down there from late on the 25th to the 2nd of June. I was hoping to do some canyoneering while there. I had originally had my sights set on the Robber's Roost or San Rafeal Swell area, but I'm flexible.

The bad news is I don't have the canyoneering experience you're looking for. I'm a climber and caver, but we don't have a lot of canyons in Alberta so my experience in canyons is limited to a few I poked around in last spring when I was down in Goblin State park.

I'd be happy to try to put something together if you are interested. Reply to this thread and I'll look for it. Apparently I can't give my email address yet.

Good luck.

Welcome to the Bogley, aherne. You can always give your email in a non-harvestable manner such as billyjoebob at gmail dot com.

Tom

aherne
05-17-2012, 08:15 AM
Good call, Tom. Should have thought of that myself.

jeremiahaherne at hotmail dot com

Thanks.

Also making general post in canyoneering forum section looking for people to meet up with.