PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Cedar Mesa & Bluff

IntrepidXJ
05-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Saturday & Sunday, April 21-22, 2012

The Original Trip report on ADVENTR.CO (http://adventr.co/2012/04/cedar-mesa-bluff/)

I was originally supposed to go camping this weekend with Amanda, but at the last minute she was unable to go with me, so I had to figure out something else to do. I sent an email to Marty to see if he was free on the weekend for some hiking on Cedar Mesa, but I figured he already had plans and I would be on my own. To my surprise, he was free and willing to join me. At first he thought he would only be joining me on Saturday, but he ended up camping overnight and exploring with me the whole weekend.

We met up in Blanding at the usual gas station so that we could top off our fuel tanks before driving through Comb Ridge and up onto Cedar Mesa. We made a quick stop at the Kane Gulch Ranger Station so that I could finally grab my Annual Hiking Permit for the year, and then continued on to the Owl Creek Canyon trailhead. I was surprised to see so many vehicles parked here. I guess I am used to hiking the lesser travelled canyons in Cedar Mesa, because I wasn

ROKTAXI
05-07-2012, 07:29 PM
Dang, Randy. I missed that last shot of "Navajo". I started back down too soon :cry1:

Fantastic pictures. Makes mine look like I used a Brownie camera. :roll:

accadacca
05-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Wow! Those are great. :2thumbs:

New Mexico
05-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Very nice.

weendii
05-16-2012, 08:53 PM
I found this when i was looking for something else in Petrified Forest NP53882