PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Das boot & subway.......and Kolob canyon.

Bclark29
05-07-2012, 05:56 AM
May 4th we hit das boot and the subway. It was my second time doing this canyon. Good times. Maybe 2 raps. Cold water. Wetsuit for sure. I have a 4/3 and I was just fine. Saturday may 5 we did kolob canyon. It was my first time doing it. It was freaking awesome. Water was at a 5 cfs. I was warm in my 4\3 but man did my hands get cold. Rangers said we were the first ones to do it this year. Anchors were all good the webbing was all in pretty good shape. The MIA exit sucks bad!!!!!!

ghawk
05-07-2012, 05:58 AM
The MIA exit sucks bad!!!!!!

hehe Love that exit :haha: So where're the pictures?

Bclark29
05-07-2012, 06:05 AM
I didnt have a camera but the guys I went with had gopros. Ill put up a youtube link whn they put it together.

swassmaster
05-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Yep Snow in the canyon but not on the MIA. :cold: I think the flow was closer to 4cfs. Lots of dead turkeys in the canyon too. We also had to cut 25 feet of my rope that was stuck on a knot, sorry about the trash. :nono:

ratagonia
05-07-2012, 09:16 PM
May 4th we hit das boot and the subway. It was my second time doing this canyon. Good times. Maybe 2 raps. Cold water. Wetsuit for sure. I have a 4/3 and I was just fine. Saturday may 5 we did kolob canyon. It was my first time doing it. It was freaking awesome. Water was at a 5 cfs. I was warm in my 4\3 but man did my hands get cold. Rangers said we were the first ones to do it this year. Anchors were all good the webbing was all in pretty good shape. The MIA exit sucks bad!!!!!!

Good on ya!!! :2thumbs: