PDA

View Full Version : Quandary and Knotted Rope Conditions?

USofCS
04-30-2012, 09:32 AM
Thinking of taking a group there this next weekend. Anybody been in there and can testify regarding conditions?

jman
04-30-2012, 10:26 AM
Thinking of taking a group there this next weekend. Anybody been in there and can testify regarding conditions?

I did KR on Saturday with a group of 8 and there were 3 mandatory swims for the noobs and those without any rock climbing skills. If you can climb a 5.9 then you can bypass all of the obstacles with a little ingenuity. However, bring your aiders and pothole escape tools as all the potholes are dry except a handful. But most you can escape em easily with a partner assist.

Basically - The water levels are low! There is one mandatory swimmer, unless you are a 5.9 climber, and the rest of the potholes are dry or ankle to knee-deep.

hikster11
04-30-2012, 11:49 AM
I did Quandary direct over Easter. I was able to avoid all water. There are a few keeper pot holes that have water in them. I threw a pot shot across before I went in. I was able to descend just above the water level and climb the rope tied to my pot shot.

USofCS
04-30-2012, 01:20 PM
That sounds exciting! I love the challenge of trying to stay dry! Thanks for all the info...