PDA

View Full Version : Bo & Tanya's book

tanya
04-18-2012, 06:49 PM
Costco!!!!!! Yeahhawwww

They want to carry Bo and my book and want us to do book signings!!!!

HAPPY HAPPY US!!!!

jman
04-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Yay! Congratulations Bo and Tanya! Cya there!

tanya
04-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Thanks Jman! It's good to have a date! One more quick proofreading and we are done!

oldno7
04-19-2012, 06:08 AM
looking forward to the book and the party...........:2thumbs:

blueeyes
04-19-2012, 06:14 AM
Yeah!!! We will stop by and say hello.

Sombeech
04-19-2012, 06:52 AM
Great job you two! :clap:

zzyzx
04-19-2012, 07:54 AM
Congratulations too... :2thumbs:

tanya
04-19-2012, 08:37 AM
Thanks everyone!

@Bo_Beck (http://www.bogley.com/forum/member.php?u=173) and I will be posting photos of those we have hiked with as we count down the days to our first book signing! 64 days now.

Tom, Hank, Randi, Alex, Scott and Justin & Mark are already on there. This dang timeline is NOT cooperating with me! I don't like it, but did not have a choice.

https://www.facebook.com/Zi0nNationalPark

jman
04-19-2012, 12:12 PM
Is the book a all-inclusive Zion book (lodging, hikes, history, geology, etc.) or is it just hikes and technical hikes in Zion?

tanya
04-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Nope. A few canyons and a lot of hiking. It includes Zion, Bryce, Grand Canyon, Cedar Mountain (Dixie National Forest), Paria Canyon, Grand Staircase, Kaibab Forest and a few other hikes around these. It's what we call the Zion and Greater Zion area or simply East Zion. No lodging, no history or geology is included. There is an intro chapter about things to take etc... and about visiting this area we cover. The heart of it is of course Mt. Carmel Jct. :mrgreen:

We wrote it for the masses - so don't expect any crazy stuff in there.

jman
04-19-2012, 01:32 PM
Nope. A few canyons and a lot of hiking. It includes Zion, Bryce, Grand Canyon, Cedar Mountain (Dixie National Forest), Paria Canyon, Grand Staircase, Kaibab Forest and a few other hikes around these. It's what we call the Zion and Greater Zion area or simply East Zion. No lodging, no history or geology is included. There is an intro chapter about things to take etc... and about visiting this area we cover. The heart of it is of course Mt. Carmel Jct. :mrgreen:

Crazy is my style! That's what I thought it was about, but couldn't remember exactly.

Thanks again Tanya!

Oh, one last thing, are there plans to sell it in the Zion visitor store as well?

-Brett

tanya
04-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Yes, the National Parks are picking it up. Bo is on that.

Yeah - I know that is the style of this group, but there is no profit in that! In fact the cover will show a family hike. So when you get old and have lots of kids you will be able to use the book! :mrgreen:

zzyzx
04-20-2012, 12:56 AM

...sounds pretty good. :cool2:
Can't wait to receive the book.
Hope, it's possible to buy a copy from Bo's store.

tanya
04-20-2012, 07:35 AM
Oh yeah. Both Bo and I will carry them at our business. I assume there will be a way to order them online as well - which of course can be done through Bo's store. I hope they will be everywhere. :haha:

pudgy_groundhog
04-20-2012, 08:08 AM
Congrats! Sounds like a good book we'll have to pick up!

Win
04-20-2012, 10:43 AM
Yo and I will be there, I'm going to need a few for gifts to friends.:2thumbs: Look forward to seeing everyone.

tanya
04-20-2012, 07:01 PM
Thanks my old buddy and Thanks to our new PG! :2thumbs:

tanya
04-21-2012, 02:03 PM
hey everyone - We need a little nudge on the website to get over 1,000 likes. The option is at the bottom of the page. I appreciate your help! :nod:

http://www.zionnational-park.com/

stefan
04-22-2012, 06:00 AM
awesome! a big congrats, bo and tanya! looking forward to it!

tanya
04-22-2012, 10:46 PM
Thanks Stefan

Bo reminded me today that...
Note that we have not yet done the final proof yet, so the exact date is not set, but we are shooting for July 28rd, 2012

Wasatch Rebel
04-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Big time congrats on the book! I will definitely be buying it in the near future. I haven't spent enough time in southern Utah hiking, and someday soon I hope to be able to spend more time traveling down there. I'll need a great book to help me along.

accadacca
04-27-2012, 09:18 PM
Will you sign body parts too? :lol8:

I am sure that the book is awesome. :2thumbs:

tanya
04-27-2012, 10:21 PM
:scared::scared::oops::a::jaw-dropping:

Tango
05-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Liked and shared! Congratulations! Can't wait to buy the book. :hail2thechief: I hope to make it up to the signing! :2thumbs:

tanya
05-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Thanks Tango!

This is what our title is most likely to be:
Favorite Hikes of Zion and Southwest Utah

News on the book date - we received our final copy to edit today. Now the editing frenzy begins! We really need to have it in the mail to the editors on Monday to make the date for the Desert Rat book signing we want to do! Cross your fingers for us!

We won't know until the date is closer if we make it or not, so no promises, but June 22, 2012 IS what we are shooting for! Now I better get off the internet and get to work proofing the final edit!

:naughty::nod::cool2::haha::2thumbs::lol8::popcorn ::bandit::mrgreen::stud:

tanya
05-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Actually - The book covers the North Rim of the Grand Canyon so that title won't work.

Thinking more like this now.

Favorite Hikes of Zion National Park and the Southwest

tanya
05-09-2012, 07:40 AM
Give us a book title idea! Mostly hiking but there are some canyons. Hikes are at all levels - kids to technical.

The book covers Zion National Park, Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Cedar Mountain (DNF), Paria Canyon-Vermillion Cliffs Wilderness, Coyote Buttes, Kaibab Forest

Pretty please :)

stefan
05-09-2012, 09:44 AM
Give us a book title idea! Mostly hiking but there are some canyons. Hikes are at all levels - kids to technical.

The book covers Zion National Park, Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Cedar Mountain (DNF), Paria Canyon-Vermillion Cliffs Wilderness, Coyote Buttes, Kaibab Forest

Pretty please :)

i think "the southwest" is too general. to use your current title, how about ...

Favorite Hikes of Zion National Park and the Southwestern Colorado Plateau

or

Favorite Hikes of Zion National Park and the Western Colorado Plateau

do you want the word "favorite" in there?

Hiking Routes of Zion National Park and the Southwestern Colorado Plateau

it doesn't have pizazz though ...

erial
05-09-2012, 05:00 PM
A Zillion Hikes in Zion National Park (and a Few More Nearby)

tanya
05-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Here are ones that Cami Cox suggested - Editor of the magazine that Bo and I write for.

Outdoor Adventures
Southwest Treasures
Hiking in Color Country
Get Outside! with Bo and Tanya
Scenic Beauty of the Southwest
Scenic Southwest Beauty
To Zion and Back Again
Hiking in the Majestic Southwest
Eyes on the Trail
Majestic Views
Under the Southwest Sun
On Track with Bo & Tanya
On the Trail with Bo & Tanya
Spectacular Scenery of the Southwest
Footsteps on the Trail
Hiking in Heaven
Hiking High
High on Hiking

And some ideas for a subheading:
Your Complete Hiking Guide to the Scenic Southwest
Your Complete Guide to Hiking in the Scenic Southwest

Thanks Stefan and Jeff! I love the Zillion thing, but Stefan I think is on the right track of what we need. Our book editor would like Zion National Park in the main title for sure for search engine issues. Favorite does not have to be in there at all!

tanya
05-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Taking all suggestions in mind - I am coming up with something like this... maybe?

working on something

blueeyes
05-09-2012, 07:32 PM
Southwest Treasures with Bo and Tanya

tanya
05-09-2012, 07:36 PM
How about this one although "nearby favorites" needs better wording:

Hiking Zion National Park and the Southwestern Colorado Plateau

Including: Grand Canyon's North Rim, Bryce Canyon,

Cedar Breaks and other nearby favorites

Although I think it would be cool to have Bo and Tanya on the title, the book editor wants something that comes up in the search engines when searching for Zion. Keep the ideas coming. It's helping a lot!:hail2thechief:

blueeyes
05-09-2012, 07:39 PM
How about this one although "nearby favorites" needs better wording:

Including: Grand Canyon's North Rim, Bryce Canyon,

Although I think it would be cool to have Bo and Tanya on the title, the book editor wants something that comes up in the search engines when searching for Zion. Keep the ideas coming. It's helping a lot!:hail2thechief:

I read what you wrote about the editor after I made that suggestion. Makes perfect sense!

Okay everything you did but change nearby favorites to treasures.

I am stuck on treasures. :haha:

or nearby treasures!

oldno7
05-10-2012, 05:26 AM
The
Hikers
Guide
to
Zion
National
Park

And surrounding areas

tanya
05-10-2012, 08:39 AM
That really is something I like Kurt.

Treasures is a word I was trying to avoid Chere. I use to love it but for some reason it is not working for me now.

tanya
05-10-2012, 09:30 AM
Ideas given to us or our own so far.... although we may have taken bits and pieces of some, so they are different, but I hope I have all the ideas listed here.

I just got a letter from our editor, and it seems the shorter the better!

Favorite Hikes of Zion National Park and the Western Colorado Plateau

A Zillion Hikes in Zion National Park (and a Few More Nearby)

Outdoor Adventures
Southwest Treasures
Hiking in Color Country
Get Outside! with Bo and Tanya
Scenic Beauty of the Southwest
Scenic Southwest Beauty
To Zion and Back Again
Hiking in the Majestic Southwest
Eyes on the Trail
Majestic Views
Under the Southwest Sun
On Track with Bo & Tanya
On the Trail with Bo & Tanya
Spectacular Scenery of the Southwest
Footsteps on the Trail
Hiking in Heaven
Hiking High
High on Hiking

And some ideas for a subheading:
Your Complete Hiking Guide to the Scenic Southwest
Your Complete Guide to Hiking in the Scenic Southwest

Scenic Trails of the Southwest
Trailing Off
Trailing Off Into the Sunset

Including: Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon,

Exploring Zion National Park
and Canyon lands of the Southwest

The Hikers Guide to Zion National Park
And surrounding areas

Including: Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon,

A Hiking Guide For:
Zion National Park and Southwest Canyon Country
Including Grand Canyon National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park,
Cedar Breaks National Monument, Paria Canyon Wilderness and other remote
locations of the Southwest.

Zion National Park, Grand Canyon National Park
and other hiking treasures of the Southwest.

Favorite Hikes of Zion and the Southwest

Hiking Zion & the Southwest: 50 Favorite Hikes

Best Hikes of Zion and the Southwest

Zion and More: hikes in southern Utah and northern Arizona ... ? OI don't know what is really in the book. "More" is a bit cheesy; but I'm struggling "and Nearby Wonders..." If you can use a subtitle, that will help a lot.

Wasatch Rebel
05-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Great Hikes in Zions and Other Spectacular Places of the Southwest

Brewha
05-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Congrats! Can't wait to read it.

tanya
05-13-2012, 10:26 AM
The Editor is taking all the ideas and photos and making up 6 mock covers for Bo and I to choose from. I hope to get them soon. Our last edits have to be in the mail tomorrow morning to make the Book Signing for Bo's June 22nd, Party at the Desert Rat.

skiclimb3287
05-15-2012, 10:49 PM
Congrats! Can't wait to get it!

How about
"Favorite Hikes in Zion National Park and Environs"
or
"Zion National Park and Environs: A Hikers Guide"

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

tanya
05-23-2012, 09:37 AM
Thanks Ski Climb. We have a title now. Thanks everyone for helping!

Here is the book cover and title the editor just sent to me. It's not done - it's a rough draft.

blueeyes
05-23-2012, 09:51 AM
For some reason it is not showing up for me today. But I did see it on FB so I liked your post anyway. :2thumbs:

tanya
05-24-2012, 09:34 AM
There are a couple of blank spots on the back cover that we need to help the editor fill in. One is a brief description of the book the other is bullet points.

Ideas?

stefan
05-24-2012, 10:13 AM
doesn't look like you have a lot of room to put much.

one/some bullet point(s) on the types of hikes that you have may be helpful to inform people what kind are included. i'm assuming it has standard frontcountry hikes, route-finding hikes in the backcountry, canyoneering, backpacking, climbs to peaks?

by the way, this has always been one of my favorite photos of bo's

tanya
05-24-2012, 10:39 AM
I like that one too! It's on there, but in an awkward spot. I think we should replace Red Hollow Waterfall with it on the back. I love that 3 of my 5 kids are on the cover! That's because a woman is doing the covers I bet!

There is a story to that photo. It was obviously winter. I was driving to meet Bo and his friend, and I did a few spins on the road between Mt. Carmel Jct. and Zion and luckily slammed into a mountain instead of the ravine - but Bo and his friend, not knowing what happened to me went out to take photos anyway and he took that one.

Stefan - I have to give you a GREAT BIG THANK YOU! and a free book! You have helped me so much with the website and now this book! I cannot thank you enough!

stefan
05-24-2012, 11:19 AM
woah, crazy story. glad to hear it turned out okay!

and no problem, happy to help

tanya
05-24-2012, 12:49 PM
To help with the bullets and description:

The book is much like the website.
http://www.zionnational-park.com

We have 50 hikes in the book, topo maps, gps coordinates, color photos - but we don't
suggest where to eat or stay. What we do suggest is that visiting the
area we cover is spectacular!

It radiates 100 miles from the East Zion area covering:
Zion National Park
Bryce Canyon
Cedar Breaks
Cedar Mountain
Grand Canyon = North Rim, South Canyon, Toroweap
Kaibab NF, Dixie NF

I think that is our focus - the wild and gorgeous area around Zion - and
away from the cities of St. George, Cedar, Springdale, etc...

accadacca
05-24-2012, 09:13 PM
I like the cover picture and title. I think it's going to be a hit. :2thumbs:

stefan
05-26-2012, 12:38 PM
There are a couple of blank spots on the back cover that we need to help the editor fill in. One is a brief description of the book the other is bullet points.

Ideas?

this could be much improved upon, but here are two rough starts (one includes a list of the places you mentioned)

This is a hiker's/hiking guide covering 50 spectacular hikes within a 100-mile radius of Zion National Park in the heart of canyon country.

The guide includes:

• topo maps, gps coordinates, color photos
• descriptions for on-trail hiking, backcountry routes, & canyoneering
• driving directions (and maps?)

This is a hiker's/hiking guide covering 50 spectacular hikes within a 100-mile radius of Zion National Park in the heart of canyon country, including Zion, Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Cedar Breaks, Cedar Mountain, Kaibab and Dixie National Forests.

The guide includes:

• topo maps, gps coordinates, color photos
• descriptions for on-trail hiking, backcountry routes, & canyoneering
• driving directions (and maps?)

i'm not sure what exactly fits in that space or how long each bullet line could be.

tanya
05-26-2012, 12:53 PM
Thanks Stefan! me either! I will send these to the editor!

Thanks Scott! I sure hope so!

Candace66
05-26-2012, 03:32 PM
I like the title you settled on! :2thumbs: The main cover pic with the two little girls sorta sends the message this isn't an "extreme" guidebook (I think that was your intent?).

Please keep us updated about availability so I don't forget to pick up a copy! :cool2:

tanya
06-02-2012, 08:03 PM
We have an updated date and time for our first book signing.54866

If the book is not quite printed at this date we will still do the slide show, etc...

This is just the first draft of the invite. The title of the book is: Hiking in and Around Zion National Park.

They also left me off the invite. lol

Felicia
06-03-2012, 08:01 PM
We wish you a successful and fun filled evening. :nod:

tanya
06-06-2012, 08:59 PM
Thanks Candice and Felicia!

We have a poster, but the book publication is going to be July. We are having a swanky thing at the Red Mountain Spa with wine bar and fancy food first - people there can pre-order the book. Then Bo should have his usual Summer party at the Rat where we can do a book signing.

Here is the poster we have. The invites are cool postcards with the Willis Creek photo on the front.

Kip! You are seen! Down there in that snow! The guy that always tries to stay hidden.

Scott P
06-07-2012, 07:37 AM
Wish I could make it. Have fun.

tanya
06-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Thanks Scott, but it's just the first of many!

zzyzx
06-08-2012, 02:04 PM
... cool poster!
A little bit to far for me, to join the event.
Have fun and a great presentation. :2thumbs:

Bo_Beck
06-29-2012, 06:24 AM
Well.......! The social, and our (Tanyas and my) book presentation went pretty well! Maybe 75-100 folks showed up and we had a really fun time! Thanks mostly to Tanya and also to Kayla Koeber, Marianne Sorensen, the Red Mountain Resort and all who attended! An evening of great fun socializing, munching some awesome appetizers, sipping good wine and just overall kicking back! Win and Yo, Jeremy, Andy, Hank and so many others I just would have (assist) in the writing of another book to list! I think that there is some interest in our (Tanyas and my) book and I'll personally be happy when we finally get some copies to distribute! Thanks for everyone that showed up! Kayla and I already started discussions of the next in the series "Life is an Adventure" event! Dan Ransom???? You ready to present the full length film yet?! I also know that Mike Andersons "Antarctica" is on the billet, 3D Media Watch's "Steph Davis, a Documentary" is also in the works? These things are fun and have a neat way of pulling the community together! Thanks again for everyones support!

Win
07-03-2012, 05:19 AM
Great to see you and Tanya, your presentation was fun. There seemed to be a pretty good mix of people and some around us seemed genuinely excited to get out and do stuff! :2thumbs:

Bo_Beck
07-06-2012, 05:44 PM
Great to see you and Tanya, your presentation was fun. There seemed to be a pretty good mix of people and some around us seemed genuinely excited to get out and do stuff! :2thumbs:

It was fun, but next time I'll leave the presentation part for Tanya. She is much better at it than I!

Felicia
07-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Any plans for the next get together?

foliisihuse
07-25-2012, 05:22 AM
Good Forum! I have found here much useful information for yourself and would like to thank you for done by work.

Bo_Beck
07-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Any plans for the next get together?

I believe the book goes to the printer on the 30th of this month. With luck it will be available sometime mid-august or so? I'm thinking maybe September 21st for the Autumnal Equinox having our Party here at The Rat. Slideshow, appetizers, drinks and finally Booksigning? Your thoughts Tanya? Hope you can come Felicia!

tanya
07-25-2012, 08:11 PM
You know me Bo - I follow your lead and have your back.

xoxoxox :hail2thechief:

I marked the date on my calendar.

regehr
09-30-2012, 01:17 PM
Hi Bo and Tanya, I've found your web site to be super useful over the last few years and would love to buy your book. However, I can't find it either at the Sharp End web site or at Amazon. Am I being very dense or maybe it hasn't come out yet? Thanks.

Bo_Beck
10-01-2012, 06:27 AM
Hi Bo and Tanya, I've found your web site to be super useful over the last few years and would love to buy your book. However, I can't find it either at the Sharp End web site or at Amazon. Am I being very dense or maybe it hasn't come out yet? Thanks.

Here is the latest response I've had from Heidi of Sharp End Publishing after my inquiry. I'm hoping that it will become available sometime mid october, but I've learned patience by now! :-)

November 6 is the safe zone. That works. I just looked over another set of proofs over the weekend.
Heidi

On Sep 24, 2012, at 10:41 AM, Bo Beck wrote:

Hi Heidi,
There are some events that are slated for the So. Utah area in the next month or so. I was wondering if you might have any idea as to the release date of the book? I have been given a booth at the http://wildandscenicstgeorge-es2.eventbrite.com/?rank=1 (http://wildandscenicstgeorge-es2.eventbrite.com/?rank=1) event and it would be a great venue for exposure.

Here is another request from a fellow in Cedar City.

Would you be interested in sharing your adventures and book at the Cedar City Rotary Club on November 6th 2012 meeting?

Bo Beck

The Desert Rat
468 W. St. George Blvd.
St. George, Utah 84770
1-435-628-7277
www.thedesertrat.net (http://www.thedesertrat.net/)
Hey Bo and Tanya,

No word yet on the exact ship date. We had a couple glitches this last week on some of the images, but all is sorted out. The proofs have been looking fantastic, it really is a beautiful book, thoughtful layout, and very well researched. Please pass along any new future account information as well.

Thanks,

Heidi

Heidi Knapp, Co-Owner
Sharp End Publishing
PO Box 1613
Boulder, CO 80306
tel: 303-444-2698
heidisharpendbooks.com
www.sharpendbooks.com (http://www.sharpendbooks.com/)

zzyzx
10-01-2012, 07:03 AM
...Thx a bunch for info, Bo! :):thumbup:

Gesendet von meinem ViperXed HOX |2.7.1| mit Tapatalk 2

regehr
10-01-2012, 07:58 AM
Thanks Bo. Looking forward to reading it soon!

tanya
10-01-2012, 09:34 AM
It's getting close! yahoo!

erial
10-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Lib and i will be in Springdale the weekend of November 9. Oooh, that's in the safe zone. Y'all have any events planned for that weekend or should we just stop by the Rat and pick up a hot off the presses, brand spanking new edition?

Bo_Beck
10-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Lib and i will be in Springdale the weekend of November 9. Oooh, that's in the safe zone. Y'all have any events planned for that weekend or should we just stop by the Rat and pick up a hot off the presses, brand spanking new edition?

It'll be great to see you again!

hank moon
10-03-2012, 07:52 AM
Hopefully Tanya and I will have books for this event?

Looking forward to it, book or no book But book would be nice... :)

Bo_Beck
10-18-2012, 08:04 AM
Got an e-mail (forwarded original from printer) from Heidi Knapp of Sharp End Publishing yesterday. The printer explained that the book is printed and they are binding it now and that it will ship out on the 23rd? I'm not sure who is printing the book and how long it will take for Sharp End to get the finished product, but it's looking close now? WooHoo!

zzyzx
10-18-2012, 08:09 AM
...sounds fantastic, Bo.
Thx for news. :)

hank moon
10-18-2012, 11:17 AM
Got an e-mail (forwarded original from printer) from Heidi Knapp of Sharp End Publishing yesterday. The printer explained that the book is printed and they are binding it now and that it will ship out on the 23rd? I'm not sure who is printing the book and how long it will take for Sharp End to get the finished product, but it's looking close now? WooHoo!

Great news, Bo and Tanya! 60218

stefan
10-18-2012, 07:13 PM
congratulations! wonderful news! :friday:

accadacca
10-20-2012, 04:33 AM
Very cool! :2thumbs:

Rented mule
10-30-2012, 02:36 PM
Contratulations on some very hard work; sacrificing days that could be spent doing new adventures and explorations. But, to want to share it with us is truly a passion that these two have for not only what they love to do, but sharing it with us so that we may also partake in some of the fun. Way cool! Can't wait. I will have my wife get me one for Christmas from the Desert Rat store, in St. George. I will have to wait til Christmas!! That will be really hard to do. cheers! jerry Mojave (Mo-Jive) hiker.
I am on Santa's Nice list this year. Last year, I wasn't one either naughty or nice list.
hmmmm

Bo_Beck
10-31-2012, 07:17 AM
Contratulations on some very hard work; sacrificing days that could be spent doing new adventures and explorations. But, to want to share it with us is truly a passion that these two have for not only what they love to do, but sharing it with us so that we may also partake in some of the fun. Way cool! Can't wait. I will have my wife get me one for Christmas from the Desert Rat store, in St. George. I will have to wait til Christmas!! That will be really hard to do. cheers! jerry Mojave (Mo-Jive) hiker.
I am on Santa's Nice list this year. Last year, I wasn't one either naughty or nice list.
hmmmm

:nod: Awesome Jerry! The book is on the Fed-Ex truck in Hurricane today out for delivery and should be here sometime this morning!!!!! Plenty of copies to be had! Initial shipment of 440 copies! WAHHHOOO!

oldno7
10-31-2012, 07:55 AM
Great News, Bo:2thumbs:

zzyzx
10-31-2012, 08:10 AM
Let's rumble, Bo! :2thumbs:
Sounds like x-mas. :-))

tanya
10-31-2012, 04:09 PM
Bo and my book is here! Bo has them at his store!

Felicia
10-31-2012, 05:17 PM
Sweet!!!!!

accadacca
10-31-2012, 06:19 PM
Very cool! Congrats

zzyzx
10-31-2012, 11:19 PM
+1 :thumbup: :)

tanya
11-06-2012, 07:35 AM
Book Signing today in Cedar City.

11/6/12 at the Crystal Inn in Cedar City. Crystal Inn is just west of the second interchange for I-15. Rotary meets from 12:15 - 1:15 pm.

Bo_Beck
11-15-2012, 07:20 AM
Thanks to everyone for your appreciation of our book! A typo was brought to my attention that is noteworthy. On pages 172,175,181 and 185 we list the phone number for the Kanab GSENM visitors Center contact incorrectly. Instead of 1-435-688-3200 (St. George Interagency #) the correct # to contact for permits relating to North and South Coyote Buttes, and Paria Wilderness is 1-435-644-1300/1301. Sorry for the inconvenience! The BLM has thoroughly chewed my A$$ on this one! Fortunately we only have 4000 copies of the book going out there on the first round:doh:

tanya
11-15-2012, 08:18 AM
That's what makes the first edition a priceless collectors edition. :bandit:

I know we called and gave the publishers the exact BLM information as one of the final corrections, because a new GSENM and BLM building were being built in Kanab. If anyone sees any other errors, let us know so they can be corrected for the next batch.

Bo_Beck
11-30-2012, 07:12 AM
Pretty sure Kirkhams in SLC has or will have our book soon! I'm thinking that Recreation Outlet will stock them as well?! Just waiting for a response from Costco now!

tanya
11-30-2012, 11:23 AM
You are invited to our FIRST OPEN BOOK SIGNING!!! December 15th, 2012

Favorite Hikes in and near Zion National Park
Book singing by Tanya Milligan and Bo Beck
Solstice party at The Desert Rat
Join us at the open invite party at the Desert Rat in St. George, Utah from 8pm until
9pm. We'll have live music, hors d'oeuvres, beer and drinks and store discounts 8pm and 9:30pm.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1892540827/?tag=bfftlbr-20

Bo_Beck
11-30-2012, 02:27 PM
You are invited to our FIRST OPEN BOOK SIGNING!!! December 15th, 2012

Tanya! December 14th!!!!! Friday night! Ayeyaiyaiyaiyai!
Even still have a few tickets left for our showing of The Reel Rock Tour 2012 taking place at Green Valley Spa and Resort from 6PM until 8PM that same friday night!

http://www.facebook.com/events/446794635368202/ :nod::nod::nod:

Book singing by Tanya Milligan and Bo Beck
Join us at the open invite party at the Desert Rat in St. George, Utah from 8pm until
9pm. We'll have live music, hors d'oeuvres, beer and drinks and store discounts 8pm and 9:30pm.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1892540827/?tag=bfftlbr-20

:nod::nod::nod:

tanya
11-30-2012, 02:44 PM
Oh no! I sent out so many invites!!!!! for Saturday night. Maybe you will have to do a 2 nighter. :bandit:

tanya
11-30-2012, 09:38 PM
The new invite. I hope everyone got the date change!

You are invited to our FIRST OPEN BOOK SIGNING!!!
December 14th, 2012 FRIDAY NIGHT (I had the wrong date everyone!!!)

Book signing by Tanya Milligan and Bo Beck

http://zionnational-park.com/pp/link-to-me.htm

zzyzx
12-01-2012, 06:34 AM
...sweet! Have a lot of fun Bo, Tanya and friends. :):thumbup:

tanya
12-01-2012, 06:44 PM
We are in REI now, but just under online sales so far.

http://www.rei.com/product/851605/sharp-end-publishing-favorite-hikes-in-and-around-zion-national-park

tanya
12-03-2012, 11:52 AM
The movie show at the Green Valley Spa is sold out, but that is not part of Bo and Tanya's book thing. The party at the Desert Rat is free, no limit people and we will have books there!

(https://www.facebook.com/events/446794635368202/)

Tango
12-04-2012, 02:56 PM
I will be there in spirit! I work 1 day a week and it's Saturday, I live 6 hours away so it's a no go for me! :cry1: Good luck and enjoy!!! :nod:

tanya
12-04-2012, 04:32 PM
I will be there in spirit! I work 1 day a week and it's Saturday, I live 6 hours away so it's a no go for me! :cry1: Good luck and enjoy!!! :nod:

Lucky for you the party is on Friday night! :kickit:

tanya
12-13-2012, 10:52 AM
A Reminder! 8 PM party at the Desert Rat in St. George Friday night!

Join us at the open invite party at the Desert Rat in St. George, Utah from 8pm until 9pm. We'll have live music, hors d'oeuvres, beer and drinks and store discounts 8pm and 9:30pm.
http://zionnational-park.com/images/logos/zion-book.jpg

Bo_Beck
12-13-2012, 04:28 PM
A Reminder! 8 PM party at the Desert Rat in St. George Friday night!

Join us at the open invite party at the Desert Rat in St. George, Utah from 8pm until 9pm. We'll have live music, hors d'oeuvres, beer and drinks and store discounts 8pm and 9:30pm.
http://zionnational-park.com/images/logos/zion-book.jpg

Sweet! I'm going for sure!:haha: Great talent too! Jen and Tyler along with Rod and Tiffany for some great music! Tons of schwaggggggg from The North Face, Black Diamond and Camp to give away too! Thanks for the support from everyone. I counted today and so far 162 folks have come in to The Desert Rat and purchased our new book since we got it a little over a month ago. The feedback I've gotten from folks that have used it has been super positive! Thanks again and hope to see you tomorrow night!

Felicia
12-13-2012, 04:57 PM
Have a great evening Tanya and Bo! I'm sorry we can't be there.

Felicia

accadacca
12-13-2012, 06:52 PM
Good luck! Wish I could be there.

tanya
12-13-2012, 07:04 PM
Thanks Felicia and Scott - Don't forget to comment on Amazon and REI for us everyone!

The party of course goes on long after the advertised time ( I believe) so if anyone has drank too much - my husband and I will have a hotel room at a Best Western there is St. George where you can camp.

tanya
12-14-2012, 11:22 AM
It's snowing down near Zion, so if you come travel safe!

stefan
12-14-2012, 05:53 PM
best wishes, bo & tanya, on the book party tonight!

i wish i could be there

:friday:

Brian in SLC
12-14-2012, 06:07 PM
Hey, wish I could be there too!

tanya
12-15-2012, 12:05 AM
:drink:OMG ... I drank far too much....

I am still in Utah.... right?

Bo_Beck
12-18-2012, 06:59 AM
:drink:OMG ... I drank far too much....

I am still in Utah.... right?

I just woke up!:lol8:

Thanks everyone for a very successful and fun time! I think around 120 folks enjoyed Reel Rock Tour 7 at Green Valley Spa and Resort and then rallied at The Desert Rat for food, drinks, giveaways, books signed by Tanya and myself and of course some great entertainment. Thank you to Rod and Tiffanie, Jen and Tyler for outstanding music! Thanks to the many that were able to come and join in the fun! Happy Holidays to all!

powderglut
12-25-2012, 11:04 AM
Yay! I just got your new book for Xmas.:clap: Unfortunately it's not signed. Guess I'll have to bring it by your neck of the woods this spring. Anyway beautiful book.:2thumbs:

tanya
12-25-2012, 03:39 PM
I am so glad you got the book. Bo keeps running out of books with my signature. He sells a bunch! I however have a lot of books signed by us both.

It sounds like you got a wonderful Xmas present! It makes me excited too! :santa:

tanya
02-14-2013, 07:59 PM
Costco!!!!!! Yeahhawwww

HAPPY HAPPY US!!!!

jman
02-14-2013, 09:05 PM
Costco!!!!!! Yeahhawwww

HAPPY HAPPY US!!!!

Very cool! Congrats! You two worked hard on it.

So...signings up here in SLC maybe? ;)

Sombeech
02-14-2013, 10:10 PM
Great news! :2thumbs:

tanya
02-15-2013, 08:05 PM
Hopefully the SLC ones will be at REI!

Thanks guys!

tanya
10-12-2013, 07:31 PM
The 2nd printing is done. The first printing is just about sold out. Bo made many updates to the trails in this version. There is also a few new photos and a bio of Bo and I. The publishers said the book is printed on even glossier, thicker stock this time around. I have not seen it, but I am excited.

zzyzx
10-13-2013, 08:55 AM
Good to know Tanya,
Thanks for info. One reason to make a revisiting at The Desert Rat in the next year. :cool2:

Amazon doesn't deliver outside US.
So I bought this wonderful book, pre signed by Tanya and finished by Bo, in May at The Desert Rat and I love it.
I wrote a little review on Amazon.

Thanks again, Tanya and Bo!

Maybe for the next future. In the time of the electronic media.
Very nice would be a E-book of Favorite Hikes In & Around Zion National Park.

cw50must
01-23-2014, 06:24 AM
I just bought this and can't wait to get it. Thanks