PDA

View Full Version : Beta No Kidding

moab mark
04-18-2012, 04:25 PM
What is the longest rappel in No Kidding?

Mark

ratagonia
04-18-2012, 04:49 PM
First rap is 150', and we usually just fix a rope off a big horn at the top and pick it up on the way back. Could sandtrap there.

Past that seems like the longest is about 100' at most. There are a lot of choices in there, but going past too many lips can lead to bad results, the trap getting stuck, for instance.

http://canyoneeringusa.com/rave/0911cricket/index.htm

There's an upper section of the canyon that has some fun stemming, especially if you don't have much gear. Can walk your packs around to the bottom of this section, then hike back around (5 mins) to descend it - or even better, climb UP it and then hike around again!

Tom

USofCS
04-22-2012, 11:31 AM
So for that canyon, using pot shots, how many do you recommend for a group of people weighting about 150 or so. I read one group did it with six, but that seemed like a lot. ( and Tom, don't try to up sale me!)

PG Rob
04-22-2012, 01:29 PM
You can do it with less. We used 6 for flexibility.

ratagonia
04-22-2012, 03:56 PM
I don't think stacking pot shots is a good technique. It is difficult to get just right. Those guys did an excellent tutorial, so it CAN be done, but the SandTrap is a lot more reliable as a tool.:nod:

I have neither SandTraps nor PotShots available at the moment, but dealers might have at least a couple of PotShots.

Tom :moses:

Canyonbug
04-23-2012, 01:17 PM
I haven't done it since the Sand Trap came out, but have done it with potshots. We used Three potshots when we did it. Incidentally over the weekend we have sold out most of our potshots and are down to only 1 left.

Scott Card
04-23-2012, 01:42 PM
The Sandtrap worked wonderfully in No Kidding. I would be tempted to sell one of mine but I will need both in 2 months.... :cool2::bandit: