PDA

View Full Version : Noob from Niagara, Canada

Spider676
04-14-2012, 12:06 PM
Greetings:

I've been an intermittent lurker for a while; thought I'd jump out of my hole and say Hi. I've been a visitor to the Southwest and to the non-technical backcountry of Zion since the mid-90's. In 2006 I pulled the trigger on some formal training with ZRMG; since then I've put in a cumulative week with their guides, and feel that I have enough under my belt to lead some tasty 3BIIIs. Current canyon resume as a follower and leader include: Water Canyon x2, Birch, Lamb's Knoll, Yankee Doodle, Mystery, and Pine Creek in some high water last Sept.

Future plans include working up to some 4's, C's, and some un-bolted, but well-beta'd canyons, with the proper assistance and guidance. Bogley seemed like a pretty good place to continue the journey. (Ratagonia has helped me with most of my gear, and lot of advice-Thanks)

In Sept '12 I hope to be taking a small group of Canadian novices through Keyhole, Behunin (or Spry) and Water Canyon.

I'm also a canoeist, backpacker, and motorcyclist. But its photography that got me on a rope in the first place. I've attached a couple shots (or at least, I think I have...first time forum-er, ya know) from last September's trip.

Hope to see you in the canyons.

Cheers,

Steve

jman
04-14-2012, 03:57 PM
Great photos Steve, and welcome!

accadacca
04-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Welcome! Motorcycles too? Sweet! What do you ride? :ride:

Looking forward to seeing more of your photos. :2thumbs:

Spider676
04-15-2012, 11:12 AM
A Tiger 1050 decked out for some extended riding via Twisted Throttle, one- and two-up. I hope to bring it down for some Utah twisties at some point in the near future, when I feel like I'm up to speed on the Utah skinnies.

5 years to retirement.

bowjunkie
04-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Hiya Steve !!

jamesdak
04-16-2012, 08:27 AM
Welcome to the forum, love the shots!

Sombeech
04-18-2012, 07:18 AM
Excellent introduction! Welcome :cool2: