PDA

View Full Version : WHERE? - The BIG BogleyFest

accadacca
04-02-2012, 06:58 PM
:popcorn:

blueeyes
04-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Ummm all of them except Moab close to town in June. Too stinking hot for my taste. I live in that shit now and try to escape as often as I can! If the dates work I will go anywhere. But if I were to go with where I haven't been Lake Powell or San Rafael Swell. For now I will vote the Swell.

Byron
04-02-2012, 07:26 PM
I advocate for Powell. Specifically Hite or at the end of the dirt road along White Canyon to the lake.

The problem I see with close to Moab is that it would be like taking 50 kids to Disneyland and then unleashing them. Everyone would scatter...the only time we would be hanging out together would be at an evening campfire. A little chaotic, maybe.

At Powell, we would all be closer together. Sure, there's plenty to do: biking, slots, swimming, fishing, epic day hikes...and every evening we would all congregate. The thing to consider is, how many want to camp? No motels nearby, everyone would have to bring everything. Food, water, car camp stuff, solar showers...no problem for me, I prefer it that way. Some may require the creature comforts, though. This would be my first one, so perhaps a place like this is out of the question? The swell would be similar, with no lake. Anyway, my vote is for Powell because I think it'll be more social. But I'll go anywhere.

canyonphile
04-03-2012, 10:14 AM
In spite of how convenient Moab is for me, drive-wise, I have to agree with the heat issue.

Byron makes a compelling argument for Lake Powell, and I've boat camped there in the summer, and yeah, it was hot, but it's...LAKE POWELL = huge pool. So, that got my vote.

I've only been to the Swell once, in early June, and the deerflies were horrendous. But, I'd go there again, and be staying away from Muddy Creek. Would also love to go to Kolob, but it's quite a bit further, so travel logistics are an issue.

Either way, I'm sure it will be fun

accadacca
04-03-2012, 03:18 PM
The "Zion - Kolob Terrace/Reservoir" option seems intriguing to me.

Obviously groups can plan to hit canyons in Zion according the park limits. Mountain Biking is close by along with fishing, moto, hiking, climbing, etc, etc.

AND its cooler...

Keep voting and lets get the location nailed down. :cool2:

nelsonccc
04-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Kolob for the win!

MY T PIMP
04-03-2012, 06:50 PM
I'm for Torey. You have plenty of canyoneering, fishing, atv/motorcycling, and mtn. Biking all very close. A place like this also offers good family accomodations, and would be an epic setting for the ultimate Bogley festival which would involve a much more diverse skeem of bogleyites. Let's truly diversify and put on one hell of a show!

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

Don
04-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Yeah, Torrey has my vote too. That would be a great place for a Bogley fest. Also, I've been busy instead of here a lot lately; did I miss the part where a date for this was mentioned?

Don
04-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Nevermind. Found the date thread: http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?62717-The-BIG-BogleyFest

accadacca
04-05-2012, 07:59 AM
I agree that Torrey could be a great location. Unfortunately I cant add anything to the poll once its active. We'll have to keep track of that one...two votes so far. Anyone else?
It looks like "Zion - Kolob Terrace/Reservoir" is leading. Is there a BIG enough area for a LARGE group? :popcorn:

nelsonccc
04-05-2012, 10:31 AM
I agree that Torrey could be a great location. Unfortunately I cant add anything to the poll once its active. We'll have to keep track of that one...tow votes so far. Anyone else?
It looks like "Zion - Kolob Terrace/Reservoir" is leading. Is there a BIG enough area for a LARGE group? :popcorn:
Easily. One particular area I'm thinking of was near the restroom and a large copse of quakies. There was at least a dozen or more separate little pull out areas and a group could easily spread from there. I'd say it could easily support up to 30-40 people. I've marked a few of the areas I know will accommodate large groups. There's also the area across from the island. It's steeper there so most of the group we be spread along the beach, but it is fun to swim to the island.

accadacca
04-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Would we have to reserve these areas or have someone show up early enough to snag them?

blueeyes
04-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Show up early enough to snag them. Depending on dates I might be able to help with this.

moab mark
04-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Moab in the Fall, has something for everyone.